Sony Announces PlayStation Store's Triumphant Return

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I don't think it's that much of a triumphant return, but it's nice to hear it'll be up before too long. Didn't reports say it was supposed to be up by the end of the month (today) though? Or was that just a rumor?

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw man, I thought you were gonna say it was back now :(
I just have a horrible feeling that they'll be hacked June 3rd.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
Finally. Been bored outta my skull lately and a free Infamous / Wipeout HD combo is just what I need.

AMX58

Jan 27, 2010
wow took them long enough thank ya the PS hevans yeah i said lets get it straight

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
TimeLord said:
Not online in the UK yet :(
Someone didn't read the article...

I guess it's good that they're ready to bring it back. Bad that they haven't got it up by today like they said they would, but not really a surprise. I'll look forward to Saturday's message saying "it'll be up some time in the week of June 5th-11th".

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
HankMan said:
I play Xbox, so this news barely even registers with me.
I want to kill you but I also want to high five you, what do?

OT: huh what's that? I'm too busy with my xbox live to notice... Not that I buy anything but demos galore

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
HankMan said:
I play Xbox, so this news barely even registers with me.
man you're losing your touch! I mean can you have at least made it sound less forced?

OT: Infamous and Wipeout HD will finally be mine! and the money card I've kept since Easter waiting to buy Rayman will finally be used.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
GeorgW said:
Apparently LulzSec has already hacked them again and claims they're going to bring about the end of Sony though I think that's just a threat attempting to bring the share price down. They can't possibly take down the whole company but if they mire psn long enough and ensure the monkeys who provide support for the ps3/psp only work on anti-hack firmware (apparently not too hard from what we've seen happen to the current psp) they can definitely kill the playstation brand.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110484-Hacker-Group-Promises-Doom-for-Sony

I might finally log back on to get a couple of free psp games and the one ps3 game on the list I don't have but I've been playing a lot of 1p games so I haven't even downloaded the update yet.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Shazam! I can finally get all my DLC back. My PS3 broke during this whole thing, so my new one has NONE of the DLC stuff. No Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, Record of Agarest War, X-men, MvC 2, Dead Space 2...the list goes on. I'm going to probably be downloading stuff for a week.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
GonzoGamer said:
GeorgW said:
Apparently LulzSec has already hacked them again and claims they're going to bring about the end of Sony though I think that's just a threat attempting to bring the share price down. They can't possibly take down the whole company but if they mire psn long enough and ensure the monkeys who provide support for the ps3/psp only work on anti-hack firmware (apparently not too hard from what we've seen happen to the current psp) they can definitely kill the playstation brand.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110484-Hacker-Group-Promises-Doom-for-Sony

I might finally log back on to get a couple of free psp games and the one ps3 game on the list I don't have but I've been playing a lot of 1p games so I haven't even downloaded the update yet.
Yeah, I was just saying it would be hacked in order to prevent the return on the store. They're gonna get mini hacked all the time.

DesiPrinceX09

Mar 14, 2010
Excellent! Just before the release of the MK9 classic costume pack (and skarlet I think) and inFamous 2. Soon I shall claim my free stuff! Which will not include the first inFamous since I beat that game years ago (still have it though, it is a great game)

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
Right. I'm still going to stay off the Playstation Store for a while, because with all the people downloading their free games that they aren't entitled to, downloading anything else is going to take all day. Plus I still have stuff to do in LA Noire anyway.

Nice that it will finally be back though. Hopefully now they can focus on finding the sons of bitches that did this in the first place.