231: Christmas Eve

ma55ter_fett

Oct 6, 2009
It's low sec space anything goes, if you hadn't flagged them then someone else would have.

Plus if they are gold farming then they have buckets of isk, they probally all just went back to there sation f choice and fitted out another ship.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
Holy moley man thats like finding the holy grail in EVE, well actually finding an undefended Titan would be better, like the first Titan to fall :)< A whole fleet of gold farmers ripe for the taking is still damn sweet XD! good job killing those jackasses!

I have no remorse for people who make money from playing videogames be it a grind or not. They could be making my snickers instead of trying to sell me digital cash. :p

ma55ter_fett said:
Plus if they are gold farming then they have buckets of isk, they probally all just went back to there sation f choice and fitted out another ship.
Exactly! They need to be hunted and HUNTED MERCILESSLY!!!

hansari

May 31, 2009
Battlechick said:
This story dragged me, grabbed me by the lapels and made me sit through to the very end, emotionally draining and yet, ultimately, life-affirming.
I found it kinda boring...

ma55ter_fett said:
It's low sec space anything goes, if you hadn't flagged them then someone else would have.

I don't understand these gold farming follies...

Why not just get a group of stronger players to bodyguard you? Give them a cut of the profits in exchange for protection.

There would be no way to police it...I mean, the writer here mentions how his ship is only one of a larger network. Its not too crazy to assume other players, even legit ones, have done this in the past...

ribonuge

Dec 7, 2009
OptimusHagrid said:
Continuum said:
The cake was a lie
The Quake was a lie.

Also, more stories should end in Quake. There will never be enough Quake around the world.
I think I've just been out-punned. I'll crawl into my hole and never return now.

Thingo

Aug 14, 2008
That was a pretty good story. Now i'm interested in trying EVE again. I played the trial for like 2 days, then gave up on it when the steam 5 day sale started because i got dragon age.

DamienHell

Oct 17, 2007
Wait whats the difference between a gold farmer on EVE and a normal person on EVE? Log on, sell ore for money, go back to asteroid field, start mining, log off, rinse and repeat every three days.

rougeknife

Jan 2, 2008
My corp has its newbies living in a group of lowsec system chockers with ISK Farmers. We?d learn how to PVP using them, but as time went on you?d end up hunting them for sport, participating macro hauler poping drinking games, ninja?ing entire missions to wait out the GCC from catching ravens, and in general just griefing the poor bastards.

But the fact of the matter is we didn?t even make a dent? though they stopped running ravens during our primetime.

However, it does tickle me to know that when goonswarm shut the area down to Bridge freighters post update, that they lost at least two days worth of farming.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Gun 'em down, man! Way to rally the cavalry to take out the leeches. You want the cash, you play the game.

thiosk

Sep 18, 2008
Wiping out an entire fleet of farmers--

Bravo.

If I had more hours to blow on it, eve might be fun.

Apr 28, 2008
Their gold farmers, and are universally hated in pretty much every mmog.
You did what you need to do, it may feel bad, but its for the greater good.

And now I want to play EVE, sadly last time I did I got reall board, really fast.

SithLibrarian

Mar 20, 2009
eframson said:
Ah yes, it's lonely at the top...

And by "top", I mean the dim corner that gaming nerds move into during high school, and that many never leave. It's not all bad, though. Sometimes you can grab unwary passers-by, like a troll that lives under a bridge! "What's that, you liked Peggle? Hey, me too! You should also try out this fun little game I play, World of Warcraft..."

Of course, it never hurts to leave the corner for a few hours and admit that hearing a little Christmas music won't cause you to start bleeding from the ears ;)
Haha, I do this all the time with people at work who tell me what games the play! XD

Haunted Serenity

Jul 18, 2009
Actually that sounds like a pretty awesome change up from normal games when it's the same old raid on targets. With gold farmers they actually fight to protect what they do, not to have fun.

rougeknife

Jan 2, 2008
Haunted Serenity said:
Actually that sounds like a pretty awesome change up from normal games when it's the same old raid on targets. With gold farmers they actually fight to protect what they do, not to have fun.
That is until you break their spirit, at which point fighting back is replaced with methods of minimizing the damage caused.

Its a little depressing really.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
wfpdk said:
gold farmers have to make a good bit of cash overall or they wouldn't be doing it. so do feel too bad for killing them.
You seemed to have missed the fact that gold farmers aren't local citizen who got bored one afternoon and decided to sell some leftover game assets but slaves in some third world country working 12 hour shifts of sitting in front of a screen in unhealthy conditions and are paid enough for food, a place to sleep(often under their desks) and very little or none more. And if something goes wrong they end up homeless or with an even shittier job.

wfpdk

May 8, 2008
Asehujiko said:
wfpdk said:
gold farmers have to make a good bit of cash overall or they wouldn't be doing it. so do feel too bad for killing them.
You seemed to have missed the fact that gold farmers aren't local citizen who got bored one afternoon and decided to sell some leftover game assets but slaves in some third world country working 12 hour shifts of sitting in front of a screen in unhealthy conditions and are paid enough for food, a place to sleep(often under their desks) and very little or none more. And if something goes wrong they end up homeless or with an even shittier job.
if you look at it from a business point of view, if you farm in a pvp area you're going to be ganked eventually, and it wouldn't make any sense to fire someone who already knows how to play the game and farm in the game to be replaced by some noob due to an eventuality. no matter what country you?re in that's just business sense. As for being poor, they have enough for computers, desks (for them to sleep under apparently), electricity, and new accounts whenever one is banned. And besides, making just enough for food and shelter is awesome from the eyes of someone in a prison in the same third world country, it's all a matter of perspective really.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
wfpdk said:
Asehujiko said:
wfpdk said:
if you look at it from a buisness point of view, if you farm in a pvp area you're going to be ganked eventually, and it wouldn't make any scence to fire someone who already knows how to play the game and farm in the game to be replaced by some noob due to an eventuallity. no mattre what country your in that's just buisness sence. as for being poor, they have enough for computers, desks (for them to sleep under apparently), electricity, and new accounts when ever one is banned. and besides, making just enough for food and shelter is awesome from the eyes of someone in a prison in the same thrid world country, it's all a matter of perspective really.
It's not their desks, not their computers and not their accounts, those all belong to the company.