Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review

If you don't have a PS3, go get one.

Read Full Article

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
I'm actually planning to get a PS3, just for these games. I think Xbox has better exclusives over the PS3 exclusives, but these games do look amazing.

Valagetti

Good Coffee, cheaper than prozac
Aug 20, 2010
OK Susan I'll take your word for it, I'll pre-order it.
I'm really itching for a game with a good story.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I'll have to disagree on the story, it's honestly the weakest in the series.

Maybe if they hadn't included that random pirate subplot...

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
No game makes such great use of big spaces and set pieces better than Uncharted
Oh, so Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia have dissapeared from the face of the earth and from human history?

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
That looks really, really... average. Seems to be missing the kind of 'wow factor' of its predecessor, especially in terms of epic vistas.
Oh well, it was never going to be more than a rental for me, anyway.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Akichi Daikashima said:
No game makes better use of big spaces
Oh, so Assassin's Creed and Prince of Persia have dissapeared from the face of the earth and from human history?
I love Prince of Persia, I do, but I think Uncharted does it better.

Sonicron said:
That looks really, really... average. Seems to be missing the kind of 'wow factor' of its predecessor, especially in terms of epic vistas.
Oh well, it was never going to be more than a rental for me, anyway.
I left certain things out specifically to avoid spoilers. The areas shown in the video aren't the most exceptional locations.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Until a HD remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time comes out, I don't think that I could legally say that.

Also, just play any Assassin's Creed game(preferably II or revelations).

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Akichi Daikashima said:
Susan Arendt said:
Akichi Daikashima said:
Until a HD remake of Prince of Persia Sands of Time comes out, I don't think that I could legally say that.

Also, just play any Assassin's Creed game(preferably II or revelations).
I have, and they're gorgeous. But I think Uncharted has a particular mastery of visuals that surpasses Prince of Persia and Assassin's Creed.

Your mileage may vary, of course. They're all visually impressive and beautiful, so I'm not going to call you crazy if you disagree with my point of view.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
If this is what I'm missing out by not having a PS3, I think I'll manage. It just doesn't look like it has that special something that makes games click for me. I'll give it a try if I ever get a chance, but I'm not losing any sleep over missing out on this particular game.

Maybe if I didn't have the Assassin's Creed games I'd be singing a different tune, but for now I'm content.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
I expected nothing less than fantastic.

Good to see that Naughty Dog is still bringing the thunder.

Now all we need is Jak 4.

Dec 14, 2009
Meh, I enjoyed the last two Uncharted games, I'll pick this one up eventually but there are more enjoyable games I'm saving the money for.

Assassin's Creed Revelations
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Skyrim
Saints Row the Third

These are a few of my favourite things.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
I'm picking it up, I'm skipping Battlefield, COD and Assassins Creed this year Ive played the last three of each with diminishing returns each time.

Batman, UC 3 and Skyrim should see me through to the new Year, maybe Saints row depending on reviews and multiplayer

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
TOMORROW!

I'm gonna play the shit outta this game just like i have with the other two. Going three for three with Uncharted platinums :D

And i'm really looking forward to trying the multiplayer (missed out on the beta) and see what kinds of changes have been made 'cause i thought Uncharted 2 fell kinda flat on that one.

SangRahl

Feb 11, 2009
I'm seriously looking forward to getting this... Sadly, my budget for games was completely axed this year, and I could only pick one game to pre-order out of the entire STELLAR lineup... and I went with AC:Revelations.

Batman, Drake, and Big Boss (MGS HD bundle) are just gonna have to wait until Christmas or a major year-end sale for me to get them... not to mention a bit of campaigning with the family accountant.

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
I bought the game today...and found out I lost my ps3 controller...I can't buy one cause I bought the game...*cries in corner*

rayen020

May 20, 2009
No game makes such great use of huge spaces and dramatic set pieces better than uncharted.
To which i reply, "what of Assassin's creed?"

Also I have a feeling Yahtzee is going to have a very different take but then that's his thing.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Susan, am I just crazy or did they bring up
that Nathan Drake isn't his real name
, then completely drop that plot thread?

If so, I'm upset. I need to know, Naughty Dog! I MUST KNOW!