Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review

SnakeoilSage

Sep 20, 2011
The game looks great, but after playing through the first two games - easy on the eyes and ears alike - even years ago, Uncharted 3 just isn't high up on my list. Sweaty palms from Drake's monkey-business aside, the games don't really bring anything new to the table, and after the first one you've pretty much played all three, the only difference is the Hollywood-style story that, while good, is something I'd rather sit back and watch than have to mash buttons for.

NerfedFalcon

Level i Flare!
Mar 23, 2011
No game makes such great use of huge spaces and dramatic set pieces better than uncharted.
There is no space more huge than space. To that end, I offer Super Mario Galaxy. Sure it's not in 1080p, but that doesn't mean it can't still look absolutely amazing. And it's not even brown.

Gmans uncle

Oct 17, 2011
Sorry, I still don't like Nathan Drake's character, and I'm still no fan of cover-based combat, from the third or first person. Will probably get this eventually, but I'm not coughing up more than 30 bucks for it.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
I this is one of those games that I'll pick up when it is a playstation greatest hits or whatever its called. I still have to get through the first and second game, and I'm really in no rush to get 3 especially since the multiplayer was a huge turn off for me. Seriously, I think this is the first time ever that a game's demo or beta has turned me completely off to a game.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Gman said:
Sorry, I still don't like Nathan Drake's character, and I'm still no fan of cover-based combat, from the third or first person. Will probably get this eventually, but I'm not coughing up more than 30 bucks for it.
If you trade it into Gamestop before (I think December), you get $30 of credit. So technically buying it for $60, then trading it in for $30 would make it $30.

Rednog said:
I this is one of those games that I'll pick up when it is a playstation greatest hits or whatever its called. I still have to get through the first and second game, and I'm really in no rush to get 3 especially since the multiplayer was a huge turn off for me. Seriously, I think this is the first time ever that a game's demo or beta has turned me completely off to a game.
The beta was done in the style of Uncharted 2. Uncharted 3 is actually significantly different from the beta.

Sep 14, 2009
it's coming in the morning...

*can't frickin wait*

the first two games were some of my favorites, if the controls are similar then i don't see how they are bad..regardless, about to do at least 2-3 playthroughs this next couple weeks of it.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
JackandTom said:
I'm actually planning to get a PS3, just for these games. I think Xbox has better exclusives over the PS3 exclusives, but these games do look amazing.
What exclusives? Halo that doesn't have Bungie anymore and the finished Gears trilogy?

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
It was a cruel, cruel joke of Naughty Dog to launch this game on the first day of NaNoWriMo. That being said, I'll be damned if I don't at least get an hour in tonight.

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Kopikatsu said:
Susan, am I just crazy or did they bring up
that Nathan Drake isn't his real name
, then completely drop that plot thread?

If so, I'm upset. I need to know, Naughty Dog! I MUST KNOW!
You're not crazy, and thank you for using the spoiler tag for that! Let everyone find out on their own. I'm thinking that will be brought up again in the next game.

JackandTom

Nov 17, 2010
Frostbite3789 said:
JackandTom said:
I'm actually planning to get a PS3, just for these games. I think Xbox has better exclusives over the PS3 exclusives, but these games do look amazing.
What exclusives? Halo that doesn't have Bungie anymore and the finished Gears trilogy?
Just because Halo doesn't have Bungie doesn't mean it's instantly bad. Besides, they're still exclusives even if the series has ended, not to mention the fact that Halo hasn't finished and Gears is getting campaign DLC. What exclusives does the PS3 have that are still ongoing?

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Picking two collectors editions up tomorrow from GAME, one for me and one for my fiancée! Can't wait to play it now!

Amberella

Super Sailor Moon
Jan 23, 2010
I want to play this so bad I am on the edge of my chair! O.O Have to wait a week! My other half is buying it for me and he has to mail it to me. D: I hope it gets here soooooon!!!!!!

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I like how a game that completely justifies the purchase of a PlayStation 3 still only manages to get 4 and a half stars.

gphjr14

Aug 20, 2010
Picked up my copy today but it sucks working 3rd shift fulltime I couldn't get past the intro cutscene I was so sleepy. But what I've played so far just up till where Drake and Sully meet for the first time, WOW this is gonna be a great game.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Question! Is the co-op in Uncharted 3 split-screen or do I have to tell my buddy across the street to grab his own copy of Uncharted 3 before we can play together? Otherwise I saw a bit of gameplay earlier today and speaking as someone who hasn't been a fan of the Uncharted series, it does look really good! I may have to grab a copy of this...and the other two now that I think about it.

LobsterFeng

Apr 10, 2011
Was that Flynn I saw in the credits of the video review? If it was then thanks for the spoiler alert.

KafkaOffTheBeach

Nov 17, 2010
I'll just go right ahead and assume that you scored Amy Hennig's writing on a special hidden chart.
Where she scored 7.5 out of 5.
Because she is FUCKING AMAZING.

crotchdot

Jun 11, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
Question! Is the co-op in Uncharted 3 split-screen or do I have to tell my buddy across the street to grab his own copy of Uncharted 3 before we can play together?
It's also split-screen. Just like the footage in the video showed.