Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

On the first day of Christmas, the Escapist gave to me...

Update: Voting is now closed! Thank you all for participating, and check back on the 13th for the start of the countdown!

2011 has been a great year for gaming. In fact, there have been so many awesome games released this past year, it's really hard to pick a favorite, so we here at the Escapist would like your help! We want to hear from you which game from this past year is your favorite game of 2011, and why you loved it so much.

We've put together a survey of 50 of this years greatest titles and biggest releases and in just one short week, we'll start counting down your top 12 favorite games released so far. So take the "Favorite Game of 2011" survey! Remember, you only get one vote, so choose wisely!

Image: Flickr [http://www.flickr.com/photos/vincealongi/2143494934/sizes/m/in/photostream/]

[poll=32065]

Wolfram23

Mar 23, 2004
Being able to only pick one is the bane of my existance...

Give me a "top 5" and I'd be much happier.

Just_A_Glitch

Dec 10, 2009
Umm...

Marvel vs. Capcom?

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom?!

I could understand only putting one on, but neither? For shame.

Well, of that list, I guess my vote goes to Dead Space 2.

EDIT: Also, I have a feeling Skyrim is going to absolutely crush the competition, which I think is partly due to the timing of the poll. Not saying it doesn't deserve to win (I'm not a fan of the game, but I can understand the fandom), but it is the latest big release, and is still so fresh in everyone's mind. I understand this is the case in any poll, but I just thought I'd get that out there.

Apr 28, 2008
Wait, some of those came out last year. Like Assassin's Creed Brotherhood and LittleBigPlanet 2.

Anyway, out of Human Revolution, Skyrim, Portal 2, and Witcher 2, my favorite is Witcher 2.

All games I enjoyed immensely, so I guess I have to judge by their general stability/bugginess. That means Skyrim's immediately out. Portal 2 didn't have much wrong with it, but Steam liked to be a ***** and deny me the ability to play sometimes.

Which leaves Human Revolution and Witcher 2. Both are great, both are pretty technically sound with some minor issues. Both are pretty much equal for me. So I guess I'll flip a coin. Came up tails, so it's Witcher 2.

Keava

Mar 1, 2010
I have hard time picking. Neither really left a lasting impression on me. Over all it felt like a pretty weak year. Somehow most of the titles ended up disappointing in the end, and rest was disappointing form the start.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Christ, didn't want to be picking this just yet.

I guess Deus Ex. Skyrim's poor optimisation for PS3 has left me rather upset while Deus Ex has been awesome through and through.

Calumon: I can't vote. Jack's being mean. :'(

Jack: I was on this account first!

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Skyward Sword, Deus Ex and Saint's Row... tough choice, but in the end, there's no doubt in my mind that Skyward Sword deserves it the most.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
God that was hard to pick, and it really shouldn't have taken me that long to decide.

So I went with Catherine.

OldAccount

Sep 10, 2010
Choosing between Skyrim and Arkham City may have been the most daunting choice of my life.

Exterminas

Sep 22, 2009
Oh. Skyrim has five-times the votes of the runner-up.

Blimey. Either that game is really good, or it has been a lame year. Or both.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
I seriously wanted to say Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, simply because that game is bloody awesome. But sadly Skyrim has to be my absolute favourite and probably will continue to be so for a long while.

Aardvark Soup

Jul 22, 2008
Exterminas said:

...or the game is pretty good and has simply been played by the largest amount of people. It also came out very recently, which gives it a huge advantage.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Wait a minute... Why the Hell is Duke Nukem Forever on this list? It's universally regarded as utter trash. Surely there's something else that deserves the spot more?

OT: I voted for Skyrim. You know, to go against the flow...

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Exterminas said:

Its just fans with the games late-year release. I might join them after i get my hands on it.

Now to whine about missing options...

Oh wait i dont even have to.

The Escapist Staff said:
We've put together a survey of 50 of this years greatest titles...
Say that all you like, the current poll only has 23 entries.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Skyrim for me.. though I don't know that I've actually played anything bad this year. It's been a great year for games and next year is going to have to do a heck of a lot to keep up the pace.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Ha ha. I was looking for Skyrim and didn't see it, so I voted for Dragon Age II. After seeing the poll results--and seeing Skyrim stomping everything--I realize that it's listed as "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim." Oops. Oh well. Dragon Age II was my second choice, and it's not like Skyrim needs my vote.