Favorite Game of 2011 Survey!

MisterM2402

Nov 19, 2009
It's pretty clear that Skyrim will win; kinda makes all the other votes pointless haha. I still voted for Zelda though :)

bobmus

Full Frontal Nerdity
May 25, 2010
Okay, so Skyrim was always gonna win, but CoD getting no mention seems an unusual decision even from someone that doesn't play the games!

Blazing Steel

Sep 22, 2008
gigastar said:
Exterminas said:
Oh. Skyrim has five-times the votes of the runner-up.

Blimey. Either that game is really good, or it has been a lame year. Or both.
Its just fans with the games late-year release. I might join them after i get my hands on it.

Now to whine about missing options...

Oh wait i dont even have to.

The Escapist Staff said:
We've put together a survey of 50 of this years greatest titles...
Say that all you like, the current poll only has 23 entries.
Well there was an option of 50 games, but only 23 have been voted so far so I guessing 27 games haven't even got a vote yet.

OT: Maybe Skyrim threatened the other voters with an arrow in the knee...

Swyftstar

May 19, 2011
While I think Skyrim is great and have put a ridiculous amount of time in it, I think Arkham City had better gameplay, just not as much.

The Ra's al Ghul fight reminded me of why I play videogames

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Wow, only one choice? But I love them all! Anyway, here's my vote and reason:

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
I've played it for over 70 hours, have barely done the main quest, have explored maybe 5 dungeons, and have never been bored. It's the only game to have ever sustained my interest for so long without me actively looking for something to do. Things find me instead. It's the only RPG I've played where I'm not obsessed with loot and stats, where I can have fun without combat and without all the best stuff.
Arkham City was close, but Skyrim has entertained me more than any game this year.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I picked Deus Ex, because if theres a game i remember finishing this year and going "... i want to play it AGAIN!" as soon as i finished, it was that.

ZenoX969

Apr 1, 2011
Skyrim is obviously the best game for many people. For me aswell. But I would also like to mention my runner up. Which is Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I haven't played any of the other Deus Ex games and I wasn't even interested in this game at first, then one day I figured I might aswell try it. And I loved it. Finished it twice, and it's still stuck in my head. It does have a few flaws though, the bosses for example, but the overall experience I had with the game was amazing. It was my game of the year until I played Skyrim infact.

But still, can't compete with Skyrim. Played it for over 150 hours. Tons of content. I've got 2 seperate characters which are the exact opposites of one another. And I haven't run into many of the same quests with them. So they're their own story, both unique. In a game which seems to be endless.

Rangerboy87

Jul 1, 2011
sir.rutthed said:
Wait a minute... Why the Hell is Duke Nukem Forever on this list? It's universally regarded as utter trash. Surely there's something else that deserves the spot more?
Like Modern Warfare 3 which is conspicuously absent (not that I would vote for it)...I'm surprised there hasn't been an uproar about it yet. They must all be playing right now.

Platypus540

May 11, 2011
1. I thought BF3 (my pick) would have a few more votes.

2. Skyrim is wining, surprise!

3. Nice to see at least one other fan of AC: AH out there. That would be my second favorite.

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
And of course Skyrim has over 1/3 of votes. I have got to try it out sooner or later considering that everyone is salivating over it.

I was thinking either that or Portal 2. BUT, I haven't played Skyrim yet, and you can hardly play Portal 2 for as long as Skyrim (not even in the white gel rooms).
I voted Minecraft for its innovations in letting me move and use 100s of different blocks, tools, and mechanisms.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
I picked Skyrim of course, no game has engrossed me more since Morrowind.

Also.. who the fuck voted for Duke Nukem Forever >.>

Richardplex

Jun 22, 2011
What exactly is the point of this? Every person on this website knows damn well that Skyrim is going win by a landslide, regardless of whether it is actually worthy.

Anaklusmos

Jun 1, 2010
I enjoyed Binding of Isaac more than most games, I just can't fault the game...

(Can't believe I'm the only person who voted for it)