The NDA

Scrustle

Apr 30, 2011
Funny how companies don't seem to mind about breaking NDAs too much when the person is saying the game is good. It's like they've got some vested interest or something.

At least that double standard helps us to work out what's worth spending money on. You have to be careful though. Sometimes companies let people break NDAs on purpose.

Punch You

Dec 12, 2010
A Non-Disclosure Shock Collar, huh?

The real question is, who would implement those first? EA or Activision? Though I guess Capcom is the trendsetter this time.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
My uncle, auntie and cousins was on that 'Dynamo' magician show not too long ago (he did a trick where he turned Coke into Fanta and vice-versa). I haven't seen him since but I want to ask him how many NDAs he's was under

Elementary - Dear Watson

RIP Eleuthera, I will miss you
Nov 9, 2010
Ronack said:
UP NEXT: The RE6 Demo is cancelled so you'll just have to buy the thing so figure out if it sucks or not and reviews of the game will not be released for two weeks after launch.
Screenshots will be censored until 2 weeks after the reviews, so you cannot see the 'amazing graphical upgrades[footnote]Back of box quote[/footnote]'

Also, trailer will carry on the recent tradition of live action...

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
I watched Conan O'Brian's "review" of the game on Clueless gamer. While I didn't take his consideration into account, there was an animation I watched as they played where the characters can compliment each other by giving a thumbs up. It's a really bad animation and I have to wonder if Capcom is seriously keeping that it. But that alone gives me the impression there will be a pretty big lack of detail.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Funny part is that a few journos have -said- things already that very much imply people really should wait for reviews with Resi 6. The most common thing I'm hearing is that it's tried to be everything at once (survival horror, super action shooter, coop shooter etc) and due to not focusing on any one thing fails to do a good job at all with anything. I'll probably check it out when it's like $20 bucks on steam but man sounds like paying full price would be a baaad idea for even the most hardest of hardcore resi fans.

The Wooster

King Snap
Jul 15, 2008
Went I went to GameStop yesterday to buy myself a headset for Borderlands 2 I noticed a bunch of these games sitting on the shelf behind the register. I made some flippant comment like "I heard that's prolly gonna be shite" and got a 10 minute long pitch about how it was "the best of what you love about Resident Evil". The guy was REALLY enthusiastic about it. It was almost odd...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Nasrin said:
Went I went to GameStop yesterday to buy myself a headset for Borderlands 2 I noticed a bunch of these games sitting on the shelf behind the register. I made some flippant comment like "I heard that's prolly gonna be shite" and got a 10 minute long pitch about how it was "the best of what you love about Resident Evil". The guy was REALLY enthusiastic about it. It was almost odd...
Sometimes I wonder why Gamestop employees (usually managers in this case) don't pursue a career in Sales. I love when I see them pitch Day-1 DLC to people who clearly don't want to buy it XD

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
I remember in Podtoid, Jim Sterling was asked how it was, and he said "I can't really respond with words." Then he let out a long, drawn-out, defeated sigh.

"That's all I can tell you," he finished.

Ohhh.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
There should be some secret message in the review meaning this game is not worth money
Like 'id say more, but I have some lemmings to play'

Jan 12, 2012
I understand the point of NDAs, but I hate to see them abused to protect shitty products (rather than trade secrets like their supposed to). I especially hate the "you can't talk about the NDA" clause. It is, if I may, complete and utter bullshit that does horrifying things to the legal system and the idea of free speech.

It's one thing to prevent someone from revealing specific information about a product; it's another to force them not to even say anything about not being able to say anything. When the gag is this tight, there is no point in letting anyone see it at all.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
Why would they show the game to anyone if they don't want you talking about it?

Also, why would anyone agree that they can't talk about the game before they get to see it?

If I sound Whiny or ignorant I apologize. I just really would like to know how people get into these situations. It doesn't seem good for either side.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
So I'm the only person who actually liked the RE6 demo then?

If Resident Evil getting more 'action-y' ruined the series, then the series was ruined at RE2 when you could get an infinite ammo SMG at the beginning, unlock an Extreme Battle Arena (Actual ingame name), and were given more ammo than you needed to kill every enemy in the game and then some (Not counting the aforementioned infinite ammo SMG).

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
Fappy said:
Nasrin said:
Sometimes I wonder why Gamestop employees (usually managers in this case) don't pursue a career in Sales. I love when I see them pitch Day-1 DLC to people who clearly don't want to buy it XD
One of the reasons I avoid Gamestop. Some I go to are okay, but a fair number of them have just shit employees. They must be getting paid good, cause there is no way someone on minimum wage would be so... "enthusiastic"... about selling you COD and Madden...

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Kopikatsu said:
So I'm the only person who actually liked the RE6 demo then?

If Resident Evil getting more 'action-y' ruined the series, then the series was ruined at RE2 when you could get an infinite ammo SMG at the beginning, unlock an Extreme Battle Arena (Actual ingame name), and were given more ammo than you needed to kill every enemy in the game and then some (Not counting the aforementioned infinite ammo SMG).
You mean those things you can't get unless you've played through at least once (and which don't actually make it an action game, they just make it an easier game)?