HIGH DEF ULTRA EDITION EXTREME

Apr 28, 2008
I never get why motion blur is a thing. Just... why? Why the hell does it exist? And why do they make the fov so low on the PC? It's fine when you're sitting far away from the tv on a console, but up close on the PC? Increase it for fuck's sake.

I'd also like to take this moment to hate on head-bobbing. Because when I think immersive , I think of the screen bouncing up and down like you're walking in a fucking bouncy-castle.

JJShaw

Dec 19, 2011
any developer who "forgets" to include a FOV should be beaten within an inch of his life by blinders, wielded by Sarah Jessica Parker, as a kind of... poetic justice?

and if you choose not to include a FOV option as a "design choice", because people getting headaches and nausea is just so much more hilarious (yes Treyarch, I'm looking at you), than you should meet my dear friends, Mongol horde. their hobbies include: rape, pillage, murder, rape (they like rape), salting the earth after the twice raped previous conquest, and other fun, fun, fun things!

nodlimax

Feb 8, 2012
If they want to improve the old games with new graphics, then they should just improve the textures and add some better effects for weapons and environments.

I don't want motion blur. It's annoying. I hate it in every frakking game...

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Grey Carter said:
HIGH DEF ULTRA EDITION EXTREME

Yes it matters, Andy.
I must admit I was rather spooked when I saw that, but I'm going to guess this is Andy Chalk, you're referring to? Or are you just trying to mess with all the Andys in the world.

crimson sickle2

Sep 30, 2009
After I noticed the remake of Painkiller for the first time, I looked at the developer and publisher. After noticing they were completely different from the prior developer and everything they've made thus far looks completely average, I decided to skip getting it or paying attention to it. Then I saw the trailer on Steam, it is bad.

I.Muir

Jun 26, 2008
Pile on some bloom
Really loud noises and ringing in your ears
Lights shining into your eyes from every direction
Everything blurry

Sounds more like the worst hangover of all time really with some sleep deprivation on the side

Scars Unseen

^ ^ v v < > < > B A
May 7, 2009
Irridium said:
I never get why motion blur is a thing. Just... why? Why the hell does it exist?
Because it's more cinematic, what with a blur inducing 24 frames per second being the standard in Hollywood traditionally.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I've absolutely hated motion blur since GTA3.
Much better to see what the hell you're doing...speaking of which.

Having played through the original flavor Doom 3 again recently...it's not too terrible a game but boy is it unmemorable. The only thing I had managed to remember was how fucking dark it was, though that part doesn't bother me half as much as anyone else.

Mostly on account of my first monitor, and how appallingly dark it was. Play years of games on that, and you just learn how to compensate for poor lighting.

Though I had forgotten just how hilariously awful the shotgun in Doom 3 was.
So much of that game takes place in extreme close-quarters that they had to adjust its accuracy, just so that it wouldn't dominate everything.

Still, they have the tech to traverse between Earth and Mars, yet their shotgun is about as accurate as a blunderbuss.

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I heard the HD Painkiller was actually good... hmmm... maybe I shouldn't buy it then >.>

I do have Black already.

Akimoto

Nov 22, 2011
Is it wrong of me to hope MedArt DLC it so that we can all see Cory and Grey vomit fire?

There be dragons!

vxicepickxv

Slayer of Bothan Spies
Sep 28, 2008
Akimoto said:
Is it wrong of me to hope MedArt DLC it so that we can all see Cory and Grey vomit fire?

There be dragons!
Glad to see I wasn't the only one that caught that part.

Kyrinn

May 10, 2011
Atmos Duality said:
Though I had forgotten just how hilariously awful the shotgun in Doom 3 was.
So much of that game takes place in extreme close-quarters that they had to adjust its accuracy, just so that it wouldn't dominate everything.

Still, they have the tech to traverse between Earth and Mars, yet their shotgun is about as accurate as a blunderbuss.
Weird, the shotgun in Doom 3 was probably my mot used weapon. With how close quarters the game was I found it extremely efficient. It was loads better than the machine gun anyways.
Also am I the only one who actually enjoyed Doom 3?

The Artificially Prolonged

Random Semi-Frequent Poster
Jul 15, 2008
I never get why develops limit fov on pc games, it seems like such an easy thing to adjust that to not do just comes off as lazy. Unless developers actually think having the same peripheral vision as a Grand National winner is more immersive.

Motion blur I can take or leave it. Though seems out of place in games besides racing ones.