HIGH DEF ULTRA EDITION EXTREME

Bindal

May 14, 2012
JJShaw said:
Bindal said:
JJShaw said:
and if you choose not to include a FOV option as a "design choice", because people getting headaches and nausea is just so much more hilarious (yes Treyarch, I'm looking at you)
Funny - Treyarch ARE the guys, which give CoD the FoV-Slider. Only up to 80 in BO1 and BO2, but they give it one.
Now Infinity Wards on the other hands...
yeah, up to 80 - as a design choice, because they felt people getting a higher field of view would be an "unfair advantage"... players puking themselves because of motion sickness, on the other hand, is fun for the whole family.
"Designchoice" was, once again, the excuse IW used. Treyarch said that they capped it at 80 because higher could result into graphical issues. There were no details given on what kind of issues (probably that you could see parts of animations you were not supposed to see, look into your arms, ect.), but it was defenitly NOT "designchoice" or "unfair advantage".
Do a bit research first before you claim people stated something so you don't look like an idiot, will ya?

JJShaw

Dec 19, 2011
Bindal said:
JJShaw said:
Bindal said:
JJShaw said:
and if you choose not to include a FOV option as a "design choice", because people getting headaches and nausea is just so much more hilarious (yes Treyarch, I'm looking at you)
Funny - Treyarch ARE the guys, which give CoD the FoV-Slider. Only up to 80 in BO1 and BO2, but they give it one.
Now Infinity Wards on the other hands...
yeah, up to 80 - as a design choice, because they felt people getting a higher field of view would be an "unfair advantage"... players puking themselves because of motion sickness, on the other hand, is fun for the whole family.
"Designchoice" was, once again, the excuse IW used. Treyarch said that they capped it at 80 because higher could result into graphical issues. There were no details given on what kind of issues (probably that you could see parts of animations you were not supposed to see, look into your arms, ect.), but it was defenitly NOT "designchoice" or "unfair advantage".
Do a bit research first before you claim people stated something so you don't look like an idiot, will ya?
wow, calling the other guy an idiot, that's a sure way to win an argument.
I read the "unfair advantage" thing in an interview a few years back iirc, and also played the single player with a nice, fat FOV of 100 - no problems, no weird animations, no cutscene glitches. none whatsoever. and the whole option was already in the game, requiring only a few console commands, and being classified as a cheat for some fucking reason...
so, as I said previously: bullshit.

however, I WAS wrong to single Treyarc out, and I actually never even meant to do that in the first place - they were just the first guys who popped to mind from a long, long, holy fucking shit how goddamn long list of developers who want to force bullshit like this down their customers (yeah right) throats, or just simply don't give a shit. at least I should have mentioned Raven Software with their very own puke geyser, Singulary, because holy shit... a FOV of about 40°, without any option to change it? [imagine thinly veiled sarcastic remark about the developers being fucking retarded here, I can't think of anything with sufficient scope]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
JJShaw said:
I read the "unfair advantage" thing in an interview a few years back iirc, and also played the single player with a nice, fat FOV of 100 - no problems, no weird animations, no cutscene glitches. none whatsoever.
Once again, you make look yourself dumb: Because a DIFFERENT game (with different models, animations, engine, ect) allowed it, this one is supposed not to have those issues when it obviously can have them at a high FOV?
What kind of logic is that?

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Irridium said:
I never get why motion blur is a thing. Just... why? Why the hell does it exist? And why do they make the fov so low on the PC? It's fine when you're sitting far away from the tv on a console, but up close on the PC? Increase it for fuck's sake.

I'd also like to take this moment to hate on head-bobbing. Because when I think immersive , I think of the screen bouncing up and down like you're walking in a fucking bouncy-castle.
Because humans have a maximum FPS they can view before they vomit if no blur is present?

Saregon

Yes.. Swooping is bad.
May 21, 2012
Andy Shandy said:
Grey Carter said:
HIGH DEF ULTRA EDITION EXTREME

Yes it matters, Andy.
I must admit I was rather spooked when I saw that, but I'm going to guess this is Andy Chalk, you're referring to? Or are you just trying to mess with all the Andys in the world.
Hah, just like Yahtzee did with the Adrians.

I remember a game I played that had an FOV slider that went to 145. Kinda felt like that went a tad too far in the other direction, although I was using my TV as a monitor at the time, so wasn't sitting PC-close (just coined that term, you're welcome).

The Lugz

Apr 23, 2011
Triality said:
This reminded me that researchers are working on Ultra High Definition for the next generation of HDTVs, which will sport 8000 by 6000 pixel dimensions. Off the chain. Not even next gen consoles will be able to handle those graphical demands.

I shudder.
well they aren't for consoles, they're for tv's and tv's don't have to process the content they stream they just need high bandwidth to playback whatever it is you want to play back
as far as processing power goes, for pc's you just put more graphics cards in them
and for consoles, well they'll play whatever they're designed to do if that's mega hd or not
it can still be stretched to fit the screen

worry not, whatever gen were in things will continue to operate.. ish

Apr 28, 2008
rapidoud said:
Irridium said:
I never get why motion blur is a thing. Just... why? Why the hell does it exist? And why do they make the fov so low on the PC? It's fine when you're sitting far away from the tv on a console, but up close on the PC? Increase it for fuck's sake.

I'd also like to take this moment to hate on head-bobbing. Because when I think immersive , I think of the screen bouncing up and down like you're walking in a fucking bouncy-castle.
Because humans have a maximum FPS they can view before they vomit if no blur is present?
The standard FPS limits for games are 30 and 60. Both of which humans can see just fine, and have seen just fine, without vomiting because of a lack of blur for years.

JJShaw

Dec 19, 2011
Bindal said:
JJShaw said:
I read the "unfair advantage" thing in an interview a few years back iirc, and also played the single player with a nice, fat FOV of 100 - no problems, no weird animations, no cutscene glitches. none whatsoever.
Once again, you make look yourself dumb: Because a DIFFERENT game (with different models, animations, engine, ect) allowed it, this one is supposed not to have those issues when it obviously can have them at a high FOV?
What kind of logic is that?
what different game? seriously, what the fuck are you talking about? since when are the single- and multiplayer proportions of the same thing are considered a different game?

sorry chief, I dig your (however misguided) loyalty to your favorite little developer, but so far your post aren't presenting you as the sharpest knife in the drawer... (or making a shitload of sense, but that's another matter entirely)

triggrhappy94

Apr 24, 2010
You're complaining about FOV?!
You are?!
Try being a console gamer. You PC gamers can get mods and hacks to expand the FOV. Us console gamers get nothing. I've seen what Mass Effect 3 looks like at 100%, while I'm stuck with Resident Evil 6 with a FOV of like 10%.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
I like Doom 3 and motion blur. Does that mean I'm not allowed to stay here any more? :(

Rastrelly

%PCName
Mar 19, 2011
LOL, Black Mesa has ultimately shown how to make "HD-remakes" XD Currently all those remakes look especially offensive concerning BM was made for free on pure enthusiasm )

Bindal

May 14, 2012
JJShaw said:
Sorry chief, I dig your (however misguided) loyalty to your favorite little developer, but so far your post aren't presenting you as the sharpest knife in the drawer... (or making a shitload of sense, but that's another matter entirely)
Says the guy, who didn't even bother to do any kind of research...