Watch Disney's Paperman Animated Short Right Here

MikeWehner

The Dude
Aug 21, 2011
Watch Disney's Paperman Animated Short Right Here

Disney releases Paperman to the internet masses.

One of the best parts of Disney's recent release of Wreck-It Ralph was the black and white short film that came along with it. Titled Paperman, the animated story of a young man's quest to meet the girl of his dreams has gained quite a bit of popularity all on its own.

Now, to ensure that nobody misses out, Disney has published the full short film online for all to see. You can watch Paperman right here using the player below. If your connection can handle it, be sure to bump it up to full 1080p resolution, as the animation is simply delightful.

Source: Disney Animation [http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aTLySbGoMX0]

thephill

Nov 24, 2010
what a great short film. i love it when a story is told without any dialog like this.

Imp_Emissary

Mages Rule, and Dragons Fly!
Legacy
May 2, 2011
Country
United States
I saw this when I went to see Wreck-It-Ralph with my nephew. It was a great way to start the whole thing off.

:) It is indeed a very nice little story.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I do love the look of it, but it's ultimately a pretty run-of-the-mill "love will find a way" short film. And that paperplane deus ex machina was rather cringe worthy.

Kuredan

Hingle McCringleberry
Dec 4, 2012
Sigh... many years later, I'm still a sap for Disney movies. You still got it guys. You may have lost it for a decade or so, but you still got it.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Okay, for years I've been asking "What happened to the talent at Disney?" Now, I have to ask myself, "Where has the talent been hiding all this time?" Also: "Are they going to let the talent out of the box a bit more?"

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
It's really a shame how underappreciated these are. I remember when I saw this one before wreck-it ralph, 90% of the viewers didn't understand it, because they were either 2-year-olds who got bored and wandered off, or parents who had to chase their brats.
I wish I was kidding.

Screamarie

Mar 16, 2008
Okay Disney...I can forgive "Dog with a Blog"...if only because this reminds me why I love you. They have some of the most creative people working for them and that animation was absolutely gorgeous.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Obligatory "Still a better love story than twilight"

Great animation though, this is quality stuff here. I hope Disney keeps it up.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
I feel a great disturbance in the force. It is as if thousands of animators finally got something to do.

LordMonty

Badgerlord
Jul 2, 2008
Disney are frankly dangerously good at the moment... this corperation makes me scared they're one step on the road to world domination as everything they do is good. If they get star wars right they'll have us all by the throat D:

grey_space

Magnetic Mutant
Apr 16, 2012
Pretty much everyone before me with something positive to say has ninja'd me fairly thoroughly so all I have to say is...well done Disney.

Can't wait to go see Wreak it Ralph.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
I do love the look of it, but it's ultimately a pretty run-of-the-mill "love will find a way" short film. And that paperplane deus ex machina was rather cringe worthy.
but... but... but...

the paperplanes were powered by LOOOOOOOVE

okay, I actually liked it because I'm a sucker for cheesy love stories but even so, it's a gorgeous piece of animation with beautiful music and so much d'awwwww.
What is there not to like?

Edit: plus, it didn't end with a kiss but only a date which I think should be applauded for its realism hurhurhur

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
TJC said:
Casual Shinji said:
but... but... but...

okay, I actually liked it because I'm a sucker for cheesy love stories but even so, it's a gorgeous piece of animation with beautiful music and so much d'awwwww.

Edit: plus, it didn't end with a kiss but only a date which I think should be applauded for its realism hurhurhur
I didn't say I didn't like it, but it is laying it on really thick. I think I might've liked it more if it had more of an 'Owww, they just missed eachother' ending. And without the overly magic airplanes. I guess I feel a bittersweet ending would've fit the artstyle more.

I would love to see an entire movie in this artstyle, but in colour. Anything that might bring back the charm of traditional animation.

TJC

Aug 28, 2011
Casual Shinji said:
TJC said:
Casual Shinji said:
but... but... but...

I didn't say I didn't like it, but it is laying it on really thick. I think I might've liked it more if it had more of an 'Owww, they just missed eachother' ending. And without the overly magic airplanes. I guess I feel a bittersweet ending would've fit the artstyle more.

I would love to see an entire movie in this artstyle, but in colour. Anything that might bring back the charm of traditional animation.
I was rather referring to your cringe. I saw the 'love' in your post. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

And yeah, an entire movie in this style? would definitely work. Maybe even in black and white if they actually make it count for something like the artist nearly almost managed to completely fail to do