WoW Patch 5.4 Cinematic - Hellscream Punches Pandas

Steven Bogos

The Taco Man
Jan 17, 2013
WoW Patch 5.4 Cinematic - Hellscream Punches Pandas

Mists of Pandaria patch 5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar, will hopefully let players finally put Hellscream in his place.

If there's one thing Blizzard can do well, it's throw together kick-ass cinematics. The latest one for World of Warcraft, although filmed inside the actual game engine, is still pretty awesome, showing us some of the things we can look forward to in patch 5.4: The Siege of Orgrimmar. Most notably, it looks like Garrosh Hellscream's time as the bloodthirsty tyrant leader of the Horde is about to come to an end.

The trailer shows Hellscream punching a panda in Pandaria, before announcing that those who denounce him are "no longer a part of his horde." It then takes us to the titular siege on Orgrimmar, where Alliance and Horde forces are co-operating to take down the nasty beasts Hellscream has collected.

The Siege of Orgrimmar features the Siege of Orgrimmar raid instance, as well as the Timeless Isle, a brand new zone off the eastern coast of Jade Forest that will test the mettle of solo explorers. It comes with new epic loot, bind-to-account gear, Mogu Runes of Fate, pets, mounts, fun toys, and much more.

The patch also includes the "Proving Grounds," a new feature where "level 90 players can test their mettle and undertake trials designed for Damage, Tank, or Healer roles to test and improve their combat skills in a safe, controlled environment." Essentially, it's kind of like "raid training". Each trial is available in four separate difficulties: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Endless. Harder difficulties include more difficult and varied enemies.

Also included in the patch is the continuation of Wrathion's legendary questline, a redesigned Arena system that allows players to queue for Arena matches even if they are not in an Arena team, various class balances and tweaks, and the previously revealed Flexible Raid Difficulty [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/124756-World-Of-Warcrafts-Raids-Get-More-Flexible].

Source: Blizzard [http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/10158897]

BanicRhys

May 31, 2011
I saw this earlier and it's amazing.

If only I didn't have to find and maintain a group of 10-25 equally skilled and committed players to actually experience it (LFR doesn't count, I may as well watch the encounter on YouTube, the amount of difference my input would make would be about the same). The second Blizzard announces a solo raid difficulty akin to the Brawlers Guild in terms of difficulty is the second I resubscribe.

And yes, I am aware that WoW is an MMO, I enjoy everything that comes with being in an MMO world most of the time, it's just when it comes to raiding that it becomes more trouble than it's worth.

funksobeefy

Mar 21, 2009
why was Garrosh made the leader of the horde? every knew this would happen, Vol'jin, Cairne his son, every one! and now they pay. Such bull, Blizz has been wanting to make the alliance the only good side for such a long time

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
I remember Hellscream being a psycho in Cataclysm? I always thought Thrall was a moron for putting him in charge while he went to beat off in the forest somewhere.

InsanityRequiem

Nov 9, 2009
While I found the trailer alright, it just put into terms what I feel about MoP as a whole. A let down. A lot of cool and interesting things happened, but because of developers talking details and bad implementations, the expansion didn't grab me.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
It looks nice and all, and I would love a chance to punch Garrosh in the face until he doesn't have one anymore, but the loot chase all this would require is what got me to quit after the LAST major update. I just don't have the time, or the interest, any longer.

funksobeefy said:
why was Garrosh made the leader of the horde? every knew this would happen, Vol'jin, Cairne his son, every one! and now they pay. Such bull, Blizz has been wanting to make the alliance the only good side for such a long time
Ostensibly Thrall put him in charge because he thought that the weight of leadership would press the rashness and bigotry out of Garrosh... unfortunately, the nitwit's skull proved too thick for the tactic to work. Though I think that Thrall also has some unresolved guilt over Grom Hellscream's death and thought that having his son lead the Horde would somehow make up for it.

And yeah, Blizzard has fumbled the ball with handling the Horde lore-wise for years, but it's still better than the boring let's-all-be-friends-forever Alliance. Now THERE are some people who need inner turmoil!

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
The Rogue Wolf said:
funksobeefy said:
Ostensibly Thrall put him in charge because he thought that the weight of leadership would press the rashness and bigotry out of Garrosh...
Not only that, but Thrall put him in charge because that's what the Orcs wanted: Thrall had to fix the world because of Deathwing, and he decided to pick someone popular with his Orcan Brethren. If he had picked, say, Vol'Jin or Cairne Bloodhoof, the Orcs, especially Garrosh, would have basically said "Why aren't we doing anything? Your a terrible leader! Let's do something!" With Garrosh, the Orcs would be satisfied, and while the others would hate him at first, Thrall had hoped that Garrosh would wisen up and loose his Racist/Bigoted Tendencies (like Rouge Wolf said) and accept the other races, which he obviously didn't. In a way, Garrosh is kind of like Trade Prince Gallywix, leader of the Horde Goblins. Except where Gallywix actually has fear for and some sense of loyalty to the Horde, Garrosh doesn't.

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
Hang on a moment.

Do I recall correctly that there can be no depictions of a panda coming to harm within China? This was part of the reason for the late arrival of the Pandaren race in WoW I thought. Or am I mis-remembering something?

Shadow-Phoenix

Mar 22, 2010
After seeing the trailer I think I'll need a new set of pants.

I'm only halfway through the set of raids laid out before me and my friends so with time and when this patch arrives, we'll finally be able to end Gsrrosh Hellscream once and for all.

Always did hate that slimy orc and compared to him it makes Thrall look like god of the Orcs with his wisdom and connection to the elements while all Garrosh has i pure unrestrained hatred for everything.

Here's hoping after the massive war that Thrall puts Vol'Jin in charge of the horde because I'd love to see a Troll leader seeing as we've had Orcs in charge for at least a decade.

Grabehn

Sep 22, 2012
After Cataclysm I felt a decrease in quality over what I saw from the game (left after Cata launch). But I don't know if it's just me, but the animation in the video was kinda weird, but Garrosh's mouth movements was just fucking freaky.

Also, fuck Garrosh, the character in Nagrand was cool, but since I saw this design and attitude I thought "They're gonna kill him"

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
BanicRhys said:
If only I didn't have to find and maintain a group of 10-25 equally skilled and committed players to actually experience it. The second Blizzard announces a solo raid difficulty akin to the Brawlers Guild in terms of difficulty is the second I resubscribe.

And yes, I am aware that WoW is an MMO, I enjoy everything that comes with being in an MMO world most of the time, it's just when it comes to raiding that it becomes more trouble than it's worth.
And you totally can experience all the raids in MoP without a dedicated raid group by using the raid finder. It puts you in an automated queue, dumps you into a group with 24 other players who are similarly going stag, places said group into a version of the raid tuned to a much lower difficulty to compensate for the mixed bag, and bam you've just experienced the content with the only effort required being a modicum of patience.

Yes, gone are the days where you had to keep a raiding resume on hand to apply to the few guilds actually capable of tackling content, where raiding became akin to that of a job, where you'd spend a minimum of 4 hours 3-4 days of the week pounding against a boss your group just couldn't kill. Yes, now everyone can experience the content blizzard has created at whatever difficulty is most fun for them.

Do you want to be doing 25 man heroic hard modes?
-There's a raid for that.

Do you want the challenge of a normal raid with an intimate group of ten people?

Do you want to join a motley crew of 24 other random players who only barely put up with each other's presence for the sake of a chance at weekly personal gain?

Do you want a raid where all the intolerable assbags that make up the WoW raiding community don't bother you, and are replaced by a horde of mindless npc who throw themselves at a boss like so much cannon fodder?
-Sorry, there's no raid for that. You'll have to continue putting up with the twitching psychopaths who have a superiority complex.

In all seriousness though, Blizzard introduced the raid finder at the end of Cataclysm. As it stand it is the fastest, and easiest way to experience all the raid content with relatively little effort on the part of a player. Some say it's a bad thing, but considering that traditional raiding guilds didn't evaporate once it appeared I think their fears were unfounded. Blizzard has added a literal spectrum of difficulty for players to choose from when they move into raiding, and the people obsessed with having things that lengthen their epeen still get those things when they choose to do the harder content.

It's choice, choice is good for the longevity of the game. That's coming from someone who played WoW from vanilla and raided 25mans (plus their heroic and hard modes once those came into play) upwards of 20hrs a week from BC through to the very end of Wrath. Yeah it stings to see someone roflstomped an older raid riding around on a mount you spent months raiding to earn, but they're having fun and that doesn't take away the fun I had earning it originally.

So if your concern is having too pour far more amount of time and effort into the game than you realistically can, then now is probably one of the best times in WoW's history to do that content at exactly the speed you want to.

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
I... really really liked that trailer.

We all knew it was coming ever since Vol'jin's speech to Garrosh at the start of Cataclysm. I just hope the troll gets the chance to finish Garrosh off for himself. (Player agency is a pretty cool thing, but c'mon. Vol'jin finishing Garrosh? fucking excellent)

Neuromancer

Endless Struggle
Legacy
Mar 16, 2012
a homeless squat
Country
None
Ah Blizzard, still playing the "once good but then corrupted" card, I see. Pity, really. Garrosh could have made a good Warchief if they bothered to give him some character development. Then again, seeing some recent acts of "character development" (I'm looking at you, hopeless Tyrande), maybe it wouldn't have worked.

Aussie502

Apr 19, 2011
Neuromancer said:
Ah Blizzard, still playing the "once good but then corrupted" card, I see. Pity, really. Garrosh could have made a good Warchief if they bothered to give him some character development. Then again, seeing some recent acts of "character development" (I'm looking at you, hopeless Tyrande), maybe it wouldn't have worked.
More like the "once emo but then psycho" card. I remember him back in Nagrand during BC he was a whiny child. Not sure how he turned out so crazy.

jurnag12

Nov 9, 2009
Neuromancer said:
I'm actually pretty sure that Garrosh is explicitly only now corrupted, after he started using the Heart of Y'Shaarj. Everything else he's done up until now was completely of his own volition.

So he's not so much 'once good but then corrupted', but more 'once a dickbag, now a dickbag with world-ending powers'.

Diddy_Mao

Jan 14, 2009
"Your father dabbled in powers beyond reckoning. Where is he now?"

Yikes! Check out the brass balls on Taran Zhu.

Nexxis

Jan 16, 2012
I liked the trailer and the facial expressions of the characters. Very well done. I can see people getting pumped for the patch because of it. I hope they do more of these in the future. Most patch trailers tend to consist of some flybys of the dungeon's halls/building/battleground/etc, which I feel aren't as effective.