The Contempt Ladder

SKBPinkie

Oct 6, 2013
Most games are remakes if you think about it.

Hell, people laud indie games as the second coming, but literally every other indie title is a...you guessed it - a 2d platformer with 8/16 bit graphics.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
Oh the irony, the sweet ham fisted irony. Also, I like to point out that just about everyone buys something like what they already have. Not just the "filthy casuals" You already have XCOM UFO Defense, why do you need Enemy Unknown? It's the same thing.

warmachine

Hating everyone equally
Legacy
Nov 28, 2012
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or is Erin glaring accusingly at the reader?

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
So everyone is sitting somewhere on the ladder of comtempt, and hating everyone below himself.
And everyone thinks he's sitting at the top, because nobody looks up.

And all we get out of this are varying degrees of hate, woohoo.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Originality is dead. Long live originality!

warmachine said:
Is it me or is Erin glaring accusingly at the reader?
Probably, given how self-derivative the market is due to US, the consumers.
They make pandering derivative games because the greater market buys pandering derivative games.

(not piecemeal; I don't own nor play any Call of Duty games, but a lot of mainstream gamers do and the comic is kinda addressed to the public at large)

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Hey, you guys loved Dishonored.

canadamus_prime said:
It's a wonder he's not choking on his foot.
Nah, he had lots of practice choking on things when he was 12 and playing CoD 4, if what the people with mics say is to be trusted.

Daaaah Whoosh

Jun 23, 2010
I would laugh, but I bought Battlefield 4. It's great, but I keep on feeling like 3 was better, and I just wasted a whole bunch of money.

anthony87

Aug 13, 2009
Daaaah Whoosh said:
I would laugh, but I bought Battlefield 4. It's great, but I keep on feeling like 3 was better, and I just wasted a whole bunch of money.
I know right? Maybe it's because I don't know the Conquest maps like the back of my hand like I did in BF3 or maybe it's because I really wanna play Air Superiority but don't have the China Rising DLC but BF4 just isn't sucking me in the way 3 did.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
gigastar said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Guys, you missed an excellent opportunity for page hits by making it Zelda instead!
Or even better, Mario.
Or, if they felt like REALLY trolling, Sonic.

OT: Yes. If people actually wanted variation, things like "The Experiment"/"Experience 112" would have sold well.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
gigastar said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Guys, you missed an excellent opportunity for page hits by making it Zelda instead!
Or even better, Mario.
I just chose Zelda because there was a recent release and the Zero Punctuation thread is still going.

Mario works, too.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
lacktheknack said:
OT: Yes. If people actually wanted variation, things like "The Experiment"/"Experience 112" would have sold well.
I honestly don't know what they are, so....

VanQ

Casual Plebeian
Oct 23, 2009
To be fair. I have made the exact same face as Erin did in the past for very similar reasons. This strip hits far too close to to home for my tastes.