Ryan Reynolds Deadpool Test Footage Leaked - Update 6

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Ryan Reynolds Deadpool Test Footage Leaked - Update 6

Recently leaked footage has provided nearly 2 minutes of Ryan Reynolds as the Merc With a Mouth.

Update 6: You have to say this for Fox, they are diligent. We have now removed the movie from the article.

Update 5: We have a more detailed look at exactly how the footage was leaked [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/136534-The-Real-Story-Behind-That-Leaked-Deadpool-Footage].

Update 4: IT LIVES!

Update 3: And now the vimeo link is gone again.

Update 2: The footage has popped up again, in much better quality.

Update: And just that quickly, the footage has been pulled off YouTube. We have removed the YouTube link from this story.

Original story: Despite having been in some <a href-http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escape-to-the-movies/3557-Green-Lantern>lousy movies and giving some less than sterling performances, Ryan Reynolds is not a bad actor. In fact, given the right role, he can be pretty good. The real question, of course, is what the right role is. That in mind, recently leaked footage would seem to indicate that the answer is Deadpool.

Marvel's premiere purveyor of sarcastic meta humor, Deadpool is the sort of character that'd be easy to screw up. Just look at X-Men Origins: Wolverine. That being the case, the aforementioned test footage of Reynolds in the role showcases a take on the character that's arguably about as spot on as fans could probably hope for. Following the Merc With a Mouth as he attacks an SUV full of thugs on a freeway, the footage is filled to the brim with dopey jokes and a general sense of humor that Reynolds just seems to deliver perfectly.

What's sad about this, of course, is that this footage supposedly derives from the long in limbo Deadpool film, of which Reynolds is the star. This is the same film, of course, that was originally announced back in 2009 following the box office success of X-Men Origins. In other words, it's been in the works for five years with almost nothing to show for it. Granted, Reynolds himself has said as recently as March the movie's <a href=http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Deadpool-Movie-Update-From-Ryan-Reynolds-Promises-It-Still-Alive-38384.html>still going to happen. This "leak," likewise, could very easily have be an intentional one by the studio to gauge interest. That said, we're going hold off on holding our breath for this one. What do you think of the clip and, moreover, of the film's chances of ever making it to theaters.

Source: <a href=http://io9.com/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-movie-test-footage-is-heartbreak-1612017335>io9

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
As long as it is Rated R. Otherwise I'd rather see Marvel come up with a different origins story that doesn't involve Mutants.

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Well that's a thousand times better than Origins' version of Deadpool. I wonder if they will try to explain away why he's different from that movie, or if they won't even mention it.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
Seems pretty spot on to me, Deadpool is suppose to be a guy you both love and hate and I think they've nailed his personality to a T. Reynolds did a great job.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Yeah I just don't think it's happening. Reynolds has been too much of a box office bomb since Origins, and that coupled with the fact the only way to do the role right (and to get the production staff and Reynolds to actually agree to do it) is for it to be R, and Fox just won't let that happen.

Chessrook44

Legacy
Feb 11, 2009
Country
United States
Jeremy Dawkins said:
Well that's a thousand times better than Origins' version of Deadpool. I wonder if they will try to explain away why he's different from that movie, or if they won't even mention it.
I imagine if someone asks, Deadpool will just up and say "Yeah, I didn't like that rendition of me. I mean sewing my mouth shut? Can you imagine? Haha! I took care of the guy who decided to do that." [Points a thumb back at about 5 small bags dripping with blood.]

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
If they ever made a Deadpool movie that was exactly like that then I will be all over it because that was nicely done.

It might even make me forget how terrible Reynolds was as the Green Lantern.

Samsont

Jun 11, 2009
The video was taken down by Fox, they issued a copyright claim, can anybody find another version of the video?

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
Samsont said:
The video was taken down by Fox, they issued a copyright claim, can anybody find another version of the video?
I'd like this too. Or at least a recap of what happened, please?

Jeremy Dawkins

Oct 17, 2011
Chessrook44 said:
Jeremy Dawkins said:
I imagine if someone asks, Deadpool will just up and say "Yeah, I didn't like that rendition of me. I mean sewing my mouth shut? Can you imagine? Haha! I took care of the guy who decided to do that." [Points a thumb back at about 5 small bags dripping with blood.]
It was the Katana/Adamantium blades coming out of his wrists that really ticked me off. It didn't make any sense and seemed just like a "see how stupid and overpowered we can make him" kind of thing.

FancyNick

Mar 4, 2013
Would be cool if this movie ever gets released. I feel kinda Bad for Ryan Reynolds. I think he's a great actor but he's been put in some really shit movies recently.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Won't happen. Marvel don't want their movies to bomb, conversely, D.C don't seem to care if they succeed or not.

I would argue he is a bad actor, consider if you will, would the movies he has been in be bad (or as bad) if he weren't in them?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Zontar said:
Yeah I just don't think it's happening. Reynolds has been too much of a box office bomb since Origins, and that coupled with the fact the only way to do the role right (and to get the production staff and Reynolds to actually agree to do it) is for it to be R, and Fox just won't let that happen.
Here you go then
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/02/28/ryan-reynolds-deadpool-update

Hairless Mammoth

Jan 23, 2013
And... the video already got taken down. Fox, look up the Streisand Effect. You might be dangerously close to pulling this off. I found a vid not 30 seconds after searching for "Deadpool Test Footage", though.

Anyway. After seeing this, I'm still not sure about a Deadpool movie. Sure they had to hold back on the jokes since this was just a test shoot. But the cgi look to his mask and the dopey stuff he had too say might not work. Better improve on these points for the finished product, Fox. He better jungle severed heads, too. No PG-13 "let's get the biggest audience possible while watering down the source material" BS.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
josemlopes said:
Zontar said:
Here you go then
From 2012, that doesn't inspire confidence now does it?

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Zontar said:
josemlopes said:
Zontar said:
Here you go then
It was mainly to show that at least Ryan Reynolds doesnt mind the R rating. Fox on the other hand... we will see.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
josemlopes said:
Zontar said:
josemlopes said:
Zontar said:
Here you go then
It was mainly to show that at least Ryan Reynolds doesnt mind the R rating. Fox on the other hand... we will see.
I don't think you looked at my first comment right, I said he and the production staff wanted it to be R, and that it was Fox that would never let it fly.

MrBrightside919

Oct 2, 2008
Samsont said:
You can kind of find it on youtube if you search for it. I watched it and it looked like it was CG with Reynold's voice instead of him in a costume...

It didn't look very R Rated to me...maybe PG-13...

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
Jeremy Dawkins said:
this is how I imagine it:

-Deadpool is sitting on his couch reading a Playboy-

Deadpool: -humming to himself-

-The Reboot Wave from Days of Future Past hits-

Deadpool: Whoa man, WHAT'S GOIN' ON HERE!?

-Reboot Wave passes-

Deadpool: O....kay? What was that abo- -tilts head at something in the magazine- Whaddya MEAN Coppola never made One From the Heart?

Being the only other character who remembers anything about the past timeline, Deadpool gains fourth wall awareness and decides "Fuck it" and thus goes on wacky adventures.

Anyway, that's definitely Deadpool. The fourth wall, the wacky antics during the fight, and of course the goofy violence. It would difficult to convince Fox of making it R-rated, but maybe if they kept the budget down (which is possible given that Deadpool can function without horrendous spectacle) it could work for the studio.

giort08

Oct 4, 2010
Here is a link to the footage if anyone is interested:

http://a.pomf.se/bxvoow.webm

Looks good to me, hopefully they go ahead with it :D