Lucy Goosey

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
I'm not sure this joke works since I'm pretty sure both movies weren't in cinmeas at the same time

..........I'll shut up now

Clowndoe

Aug 6, 2012
Thanks for highlighting the most frustrating thing about watching anything on Youtube. Far worse than the guy on the opposing side of a debate is the guy on your side acting like a twat.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaY

KAVINSKY!

*ehem*

Yeah, lol Atheism, right? It's true that the entire... group(?) has been kind of reduced to snark and sarcastic quips at religious groups.

Agnosticismwin >.>

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
I'll give you one, since you only gave ten percent of your effort to your joke.

Beyond that, as a Christian myself, can't we just get along? (I know what the answer is BTW). Also I don't know if you are doing it because it's based on the Bible, or the movie deviated from the source material. (I'm going with the former, just asking the latter because of the Game of Thrones article I read just a second ago.

Piorn

Dec 26, 2007
I always find it fascinating to see how people, who spend most of their entertainment on Fantasy, Sci-Fi, and other, can be so obsessed with what other people think is real.
I don't get angry if people watch LotR, why should I get mad when people watch anything else.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
Sigmund Av Volsung said:
Yeah, lol Atheism, right? It's true that the entire... group(?) has been kind of reduced to snark and sarcastic quips at religious groups.

Agnosticismwin >.>
Not really, unless you're only including 'Internet Atheists' from Reddit, most Atheists I know including myself simply don't give a shit about religion.

On-topic, for some reason it took me a while to see that Noah sign in the second panel, then suddenly the joke made sense.

Sigmund Av Volsung

Hella noided
Dec 11, 2009
JoJo said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:

Agnosticismwin >.>
Not really, unless you're only including 'Internet Atheists' from Reddit, most Atheists I know including myself simply don't give a shit about religion.

On-topic, for some reason it took me a while to see that Noah sign in the second panel, then suddenly the joke made sense.
In keeping with the spirit of things that can't defend themselves, I'll just blame the internet then :p

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
Maybe I'm just out of the game but I don't think that it's a fair assessment. I don't doubt there's a vocal bunch of internet atheists who do this, many of which I think are just trolling.

I don't think it's fair to paint the entire group with that brush. I'd suspect, by and large, most of us don't give that much of a shit.

Super Cyborg

Jul 25, 2014
JoJo said:

The Atheists I've met don't care either, it's more if I was to come and try to preach to them, then they would tell me to shut up (I don't do that). I believe what I believe, and others believe what they believe. As long as they are not actively hurting others, then I don't care. I do know why some Atheists get tired of Christians, but not all of us are people who go around door to door, and march at certain places saying people will go to hell, and that includes both conservative and liberal Christians.

Besides the zinger, was there something that caused this to happen? Did they have someone come and try to convert them?

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
JoJo said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:

Agnosticismwin >.>

Most of the ones I've talked to can't agree between themselves on whether Agnosticism and Atheism are separate things, or it's a case of being either a Gnostic or Agnostic Atheist.

I think maybe I should just stick to Daedra worship. The Nine Divines are cool, but their worshippers can get a little too preachy for my tastes.

[HEADING=2]HAVE YOU ACCEPTED TALOS INTO YOUR LIVES, BROTHERS AND SISTERS?[/HEADING]​

OT: Heh, I used to know people like that. You had to go everywhere twice - the second time was to apologize.

Robyrt

Aug 1, 2008
In the 17th century, it was comforting to imagine our enemies as heathens. Now, it is comforting to imagine them as idiots.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
For me, people can believe whatever the hell they want as long as they're not in my face about it. If you are in my face about it expect to hear exactly what I think of your beliefs and it probably won't be pretty.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Clowndoe said:
Thanks for highlighting the most frustrating thing about watching anything on Youtube. Far worse than the guy on the opposing side of a debate is the guy on your side acting like a twat.
Argh, yes...

Or the people that make sure to drive others away then complain that everyone is too stupid to be on their side.

Zombie Badger

Dec 4, 2007
I really don't get people not liking Lucy purely for using the 10% thing. The force isn't real either, and I doubt Lucy is presenting itself as scientifically accurate given the superpowers she gets.

Gizmo1990

Insert funny title here
Oct 19, 2010
JoJo said:
Sigmund Av Volsung said:

Agnosticismwin >.>
Thank you! It is really starting to piss me off that everything from games to comics is accepted as having a vocal minority but all Atheists are the same, as long as someone is not doing anything to harm anyone because of religion I am completly indifferent. I think they are idiots for beliving what they do, but I don't begrudge them their faith.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Zombie Badger said:
I really don't get people not liking Lucy purely for using the 10% thing. The force isn't real either, and I doubt Lucy is presenting itself as scientifically accurate given the superpowers she gets.
True, though nobody believes that you can be taught the force by a cute green Muppet, a lot of people really believe the 10% thing.