Stolen Pixels #119: After Curfew

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #119: After Curfew

Come visit After Curfew, a comedy club just for gamers.

Read Full Article

ghalkhsdkssakgh

Jul 16, 2009
Wow, Breen's actually a pretty decent comedian. Who'd a thought it?
I wish that club existed in real life. I'd be there like a shot. Breen, Zoey and Audiosurf? Hell yes!

Feb 13, 2008
The only thing worse than being a lemming is being the very last lemming to fling yourself off the cliff, two years after everyone else.
*KLAXON*
/Stephen_fry
Oh I'm sorry Alan, that costs you 20 points [http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp]

Spectere

Oct 21, 2008
Honestly, given the way things have been going in WoW lately, I think saying that "the instances are down" would be far more appropriate than "the servers are down."

Still, very funny comic. ;D

HobbesMkii

Hold Me Closer Tony Danza
Jun 7, 2008
What I really like about this comic is not only is it hilariously cynic, but it does so while doing a perfect mimic of one of those late night TV shows. The opening panel totally looks like it belongs to Conan or something (except for the monstrous Citadel standing in the middle of it).

paketep

Jul 14, 2008
Fantastic comic, Shamus, you should record a few and put yourself on YouTube... or The Escapist ;)

Gotta agree with the Microsoft / Blizzard comparison. Who'd thought 5 years ago that I'd ever lose my faith in Blizzard. Pardo and everybody else pushing this idiotic ideas need to go form a company with Bill Roper and create Hellgate: Seattle or whatever, and leave our LANs alone.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
Hehe, nice one. But now I feel said we'll never get a show/club/bar like that. Gamers, UNITE! And built a club house!

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Nice. This one's very good,made me laugh out loud. I hope it becomes a regular feature.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
The only thing worse than being a lemming is being the very last lemming to fling yourself off the cliff, two years after everyone else.
*KLAXON*
/Stephen_fry
Oh I'm sorry Alan, that costs you 20 points [http://www.snopes.com/disney/films/lemmings.asp]
That might not be a mistake if Shamus was referring to lemmings from the Lemmings games, as they would just blithely walk forward off of cliffs if you didn't stop them somehow, unlike real lemmings.

Scarlet Knight

Mar 6, 2009
"Zoey, You know we're eager to hear about the band's new tour, but I have to ask about the rumor of nude photo's popping up on the internet."

"Well, Wallace, I was very young and easily manipulated. I trusted Bill as much as anyone would trust a father figue, considering that father had been living in a cardboard box for the last 2 years..."

Geamo

Aug 27, 2008
Hell, i'd love to go to a gaming-centered comedy club like that. I'd be there in a shot.

shMerker

Oct 24, 2007
After Curfew With Wallace Breen is filmed in the historic Citizen's Informational Film Production Site on the 87th level of The Citadel in City 17. The studio has seating for 100 volunteer audience participants who are carefully screened for maximum edification from administrator Breen's messages. It is filmed and aired on an irregular schedule, coinciding with restructuring of food rations or servicing of the suppression field. John Smith, writer for The Combine Representative calls it "The most entertaining hour of television approved by the combine for citizen consumption."