292: The Husband & Wife Videogame Super Team

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I've always been a lonely ogre in a cave. I grew up all my life like that, even when my family was always huge. I have 4 sisters, I'm the only male and one of my sisters has special needs. She's the only one who's remotely interested in video games, but I always bore myself to death whenever I try to play with my sister.

Remember Natalia from Goldeneye 64?, remember how annoying she was, crossing in your line of sight and standing there for you to shoot her the hell up?, my sister is more annoying than that. I mean, she (surprisingly) has a good time, but I'm almost in comatose state, yawning and almost snoring.

Then there's my other sisters. One is married and she almost satanizes videogames, giving my nephew a hard time, because he loves videogames as much as me. The other prefers to watch some retarded novela and listen to Justin Beiber (sadly, I'm not joking) and my other sister prefers to spend all the god damned day posting stupid pictures in Facebook.

Then, most of my friends are non gamers, even if they are remotely interested in a game, it's always FIFA, wich I despise with my heart. One of my friends is a true gamer, but he lives almost at the other side of the city, in a very dangerous area and I can't afford to go at his place whenever I want, because I'd be, literally, risking my own life.

Then there's my cousins, one of them loves Super Smash Bros. Melee. Sadly, he and most of my other cousins likes to play only in Corneria, with Samus and no items. Don't get me started when he came to my place and started playing Brawl. Only one of my cousins is a true gamer at heart and he frequently comes to my place to play something and that's the closest thing I've ever had to play with someone next to you and have a great time.

Many of the girls I know aren't that into gaming, they prefer to listen to that abomination of music called reggaeton and listen to Camila (a lame mexican pop group, almost as annoying as the Beiber himself).

I envy you, this is exactly how I want my marriage to be, someone special whom I'd love to spend my time with, even better if she loves videogames as much as I do. And even better if a third or fourth player joins us. I just hope that happens to me someday.

Silver Scribbler

Aug 5, 2009
Brilliant article, you're a very lucky man to have found a woman that'll play games with you in that way. I'm working on trying to get the girlfriend more interested, but it can be quite tricky. However, she tells me she loves playing Guitar Hero, so we'll see how that goes. :)

Also, congratulations on creating the third piece of your gaming Tri-Force!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I sometimes think my wife is more of a gamer than I am.
She's the one that got me into CoD and she's the one that really wanted to get Skyrim...until I reminded her that it has the same freezing that prevented her from wanting to finish New Vegas (she platinumed Fallout 3 mind you, and played through all the dlc as well), and she prefers playing on the PC...unless we're playing 2p.
The problem is that with online gaming, a lot of devs no longer put splitscreen into their games.

ms_sunlight

Jun 6, 2011
The husband is upstairs playing Football Manager 2012 (or similar) for hours; I like games where you hit things with swords. No co-op play here! Good thing we have other interests in common.