3 pound lobster? How's THAT for a going-away dinner

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Ever had a Pot Noodle? Yeah? Well, imagine that before putting the water in it, and then imagine it in a heavily buttered sandwich.

Yep.

ThatLankyBastard said:
I always wanted to try Shark meat... I hear it tastes like chicken!

... I'm not even being sarcastic, it really does apparently taste like chicken!

The Shark! Chicken of the Seas!!!

...Goddamn, I get off topic so easily...

It doesn't. They're salty as fuck. Think fresh Salmon, but a richer taste and flesh.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
Hah, I've got an outrageous meal for ya.
Once when I went to a Brazilian steakhouse buffet I ate at least one of every single thing they had, no I'm not joking literally ate the whole menu, and considering I was real short back then and I've always been pretty skinny it was really impressive, consequentially I had never felt that sick after eating something, I mean I must have eaten like 2 times my own weight and damn did it hurt like hell but it was worth it.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
Kaleion said:
Hah, I've got an outrageous meal for ya.
Once when I went to a Brazilian steakhouse buffet I ate at least one of every single thing they had, no I'm not joking literally ate the whole menu, and considering I was real short back then and I've always been pretty skinny it was really impressive, consequentially I had never felt that sick after eating something, I mean I must have eaten like 2 times my own weight and damn did it hurt like hell but it was worth it.

Yeah? Well I once went into a restaurant and literally ate the menus. I was fined and thrown out.

Not a true a story as the last one I posted.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
AccursedTheory said:
AnonymousTipster said:
On second thought, keep posting. You're just showing how wrong you are, considering the topic is certainly sparking discussion.
Actually, the user Marter deserves all the credit for making this thread into anything but garbage and your directionless first post. So really, I have to agree with that pic post.

As for MARTER'S discussion...

I ate about 6 pounds of deep fried potatoes yesterday. That's pretty outrageous.
Please whine somewhere else.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
...I actually dislike the taste of lobster... and crab... and shrimp...
Yet I love clams and oysters. Weird, I know.
Also, with that meal (assuming I could actually stomach lobster), I would have eaten the meat, eschewed the mac&cheese, and asked for a salad. Seriously, that stuff is almost completely devoid of nutrition... and not tasty enough to make up for it.

OT:
Back before I was a health-conscious psychotic killing machine, I once completed a 72-ounce steak challenge. Mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed vegetables, and a couple of very stout beers to wash it all down.
Also, I used to regularly eat something that was known as the "quadruple bypass burger" at a local bar (four third-pound patties with four strips of bacon and four types of cheese on each patty... for a total of sixteen and sixteen for those keeping track).
...damn but I was a fatass.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

Okay, cool story broseph, but what are we supposed to discuss? I'm sorry, but I really don't see the discussion value. Are we supposed to discuss that you ate a 3 pound lobster?
You hide behind your memes, but your jealousy is literally palpable.

And there's plenty of discussion value.

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
B) the occasion and cause for this going away dinner
C) favorite seafood
D) as suggested, past outrageous meals
E) other

Just be a little creative every now and then brah.
I use my memes when they are right for the situation, I don't spam them everywhere.

Second, your post just tells us "Oh, fuck yeah I ate a 3 pound lobster" and nothing else. I saw no point in a topic that says three short lines of what you just did.

Honestly though, it's pretty stupid to make a low-effort topic saying "I ate this giant enemy lobster, after breaking off it's weak point and eating it for massive damage" or something along those lines and expecting a discussion to spark out of it? And yeah, I just added another meme for the hell of it.
No, making this topic wasn't stupid.

What's stupid is getting so butthurt over what you consider to be a "low-effort" topic (as if there are "high effort topics?). If it upsets you so much, don't bother posting.

On second thought, keep posting. You're just showing how wrong you are, considering the topic is certainly sparking discussion.
"Butthurt"? "Upsets"? Show me where in my post where I got pissed off. And I said that, in my opinion, it was stupid to make a low effort topic and expect a discussion to spark out of it in general. I didn't specifically refer to this topic, or you as the topic creator. This topic indeed sparked discussion, but I just find it stupid to make a topic for something like this, not designate a discussion and hope a discussion will spark? How much effort does it really take to type out "What are some outrageous meals you've had?"? Hm, 7 words, it took me 5 seconds to type that, and I don't even type with all my fingers on the keyboard. How much could it hurt to add one more 7 word sentence?

Anyways, I have no idea why I'm bothering arguing when this discussion is going nowhere about nothing, so I'm cutting off the argument right here.
Sweet man I win.

;)
Great comeback I'm sure you're really proud of yourself.

So how difficult was it to find that pic to copy and paste?

Seriously stud pat yourself on the back.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
loc978 said:
Also, with that meal (assuming I could actually stomach lobster), I would have eaten the meat, eschewed the mac&cheese, and asked for a salad. Seriously, that stuff is almost completely devoid of nutrition... and not tasty enough to make up for it.

OT:
Back before I was a health-conscious psychotic killing machine, I once completed a 72-ounce steak challenge. Mashed potatoes, gravy, steamed vegetables, and a couple of very stout beers to wash it all down.
Also, I used to regularly eat something that was known as the "quadruple bypass burger" at a local bar (four third-pound patties with four strips of bacon and four types of cheese on each patty... for a total of sixteen and sixteen for those keeping track).
72 ounce steak???

Holy shit dude.

And the bypass burgers sound gnarly.

If you don't mind me asking...how much did you weigh at that point in your life?

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
AnonymousTipster said:
AccursedTheory said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Actually, the user Marter deserves all the credit for making this thread into anything but garbage and your directionless first post. So really, I have to agree with that pic post.

As for MARTER'S discussion...

I ate about 6 pounds of deep fried potatoes yesterday. That's pretty outrageous.
Please whine somewhere else.
I have to be invested in something to whine about it.

Oh, another outrageous meal: I ate somewhere where the bread was NOT free, and in fact cost 12 dollars per serving.

Best. Bread. Ever.

Also, the water was 5 dollars a glass, and the steak and lobster had a listed price of 'Market Determined.' When you see that, you KNOW you're having some fine eats.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
AnonymousTipster said:
loc978 said:

OT:
72 ounce steak???

Holy shit dude.

If you don't mind me asking...how much did you weigh at that point in your life?
215lbs... doesn't seem like a lot, I know... but I worked a manual labor job and went paintballing regularly.
...I still lost over 50 pounds of fat in basic training two years later, though.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

Okay, cool story broseph, but what are we supposed to discuss? I'm sorry, but I really don't see the discussion value. Are we supposed to discuss that you ate a 3 pound lobster?

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

I use my memes when they are right for the situation, I don't spam them everywhere.

Second, your post just tells us "Oh, fuck yeah I ate a 3 pound lobster" and nothing else. I saw no point in a topic that says three short lines of what you just did.

Honestly though, it's pretty stupid to make a low-effort topic saying "I ate this giant enemy lobster, after breaking off it's weak point and eating it for massive damage" or something along those lines and expecting a discussion to spark out of it? And yeah, I just added another meme for the hell of it.

What's stupid is getting so butthurt over what you consider to be a "low-effort" topic (as if there are "high effort topics?). If it upsets you so much, don't bother posting.

"Butthurt"? "Upsets"? Show me where in my post where I got pissed off. And I said that, in my opinion, it was stupid to make a low effort topic and expect a discussion to spark out of it in general. I didn't specifically refer to this topic, or you as the topic creator. This topic indeed sparked discussion, but I just find it stupid to make a topic for something like this, not designate a discussion and hope a discussion will spark? How much effort does it really take to type out "What are some outrageous meals you've had?"? Hm, 7 words, it took me 5 seconds to type that, and I don't even type with all my fingers on the keyboard. How much could it hurt to add one more 7 word sentence?

Anyways, I have no idea why I'm bothering arguing when this discussion is going nowhere about nothing, so I'm cutting off the argument right here.
Sweet man I win.

;)

It was very difficult indeed. About as difficult as it is to end a trade of insults after a topic creator takes offense to one of my posts. It really should be easier to put up my honest opinion without someone taking offense to it. I always have to butter it up so that people don't take offense to it.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
loc978 said:
AnonymousTipster said:
loc978 said:

OT:
72 ounce steak???

Holy shit dude.

215lbs... doesn't seem like a lot, I know... but I worked a manual labor job and went paintballing regularly.
...I still lost over 50 pounds of fat in basic training two years later, though.
Wow I gotta say I wasn't expecting just 215. More along the lines of like 260 or higher.

How tall are you?

Cain_Zeros

Nov 13, 2009
Marter said:
That sounds really good. But you didn't include discussion value.

Here's some:

What outrageous meals have you eaten, or do you want to eat?

OT: I want a really large steak for my 18th birthday dinner. It will be huge and awesome!
o_O You're only 17?

OMT (On Marter's Topic): Most outrageous meal I've ever eaten... Some'd say alligator, some'd say the various kinds or sushi I've tried (most of which I don't even know the name of). I say they're both awesome (especially the sushi).

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Cain_Zeros said:
Marter said:
That sounds really good. But you didn't include discussion value.

Here's some:

What outrageous meals have you eaten, or do you want to eat?

OT: I want a really large steak for my 18th birthday dinner. It will be huge and awesome!
o_O You're only 17?

OMT (On Marter's Topic): Most outrageous meal I've ever eaten... Some'd say alligator, some'd say the various kinds or sushi I've tried (most of which I don't even know the name of). I say they're both awesome (especially the sushi).
Alligator is delicious! I can't get enough of that stuff.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

Sweet man I win.

;)

It was very difficult indeed. About as difficult as it is to end a trade of insults after a topic creator takes offense to one of my posts.
Hey it's funny how you keep going back and editing your posts.

For an argument so "retarded and pointless" you sure are putting a lot of time into it.

Just keeping diggin that hole champ.

loc978

Sep 18, 2010
AnonymousTipster said:
loc978 said:
AnonymousTipster said:
72 ounce steak???

Holy shit dude.

Wow I gotta say I wasn't expecting just 215. More along the lines of like 260 or higher.

How tall are you?
Sir! Five foot nine Sir!
...couldn't help myself...
But seriously, that's how tall I am. Fun fact: that's sixty-nine inches... and much juvenile chuckling was had by all.

Funny thing is, I've got a pretty stocky build, too... and I know for a fact my bones are quite durable. It's really a mystery, why I'm so light (currently 180 pounds, with much more muscle and less fat than a decade ago).

err... derail... umm... another crazy meal...
I once ate a plate of habanero hot wings at a bar in Virginia (while stationed there for school) that actually put mild chemical burns on my lips and had me throwing up for hours...
Good times, good times...

Taxman1

Sep 14, 2009
Seriously?
I'm going have to say this? Alright.
Big Kahuna Burger then a Bloody as Hell steak with a 5 dollar shake.

Reference aside, I always consider Thanksgiving at my moms an outrageous dinner because it's so good.

Ice Car

Jan 30, 2011
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

Sweet man I win.

;)

It was very difficult indeed. About as difficult as it is to end a trade of insults after a topic creator takes offense to one of my posts.

For an argument so "retarded and pointless" you sure are putting a lot of time into it.

That's because right after I post, I always go back to the post and think about whether I left anything out/forgot anything. It turns out I did that with quite a few of them but you quoted my unedited post just about every time.

I'm now finding it funny how everything you're mentioning I can just explain and it'll be wrong/invalid. I don't start or continue fights that are pointless, but if you're going to keep responding with hostility and trying to continue it, I'll continue and continue to explain and make your points invalid.

And before long someone reading the thread will get fed up and forward this little argument/bitching fest to the moderators. So what, will you continue a pointless argument, which frankly, nobody won, and end with both of us getting probated/suspended, or just end it right here and stop putting up a "Who can be a bigger idiot" show for all the spectators?

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Taxman1 said:
Seriously?
I'm going have to say this? Alright.
Big Kahuna Burger then a Bloody as Hell steak with a 5 dollar shake.

Reference aside, I always consider Thanksgiving at my moms an outrageous dinner because it's so good.
High five for reference.

AnonymousTipster

Jun 10, 2010
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:
AnonymousTipster said:
Ice Car said:

We could discuss:
A) past lobster dinners
C) favorite seafood
E) other

Sweet man I win.

;)

That's because right after I post, I always go back to the post and think about whether I left anything out/forgot anything. It turns out I did that with quite a few of them but you quoted my unedited post just about every time.

I'm now finding it funny how everything you're mentioning I can just explain and it'll be wrong/invalid. I don't start or continue fights that are pointless, but if you're going to keep responding with hostility and trying to continue it, I'll continue and continue to explain and make your points invalid.
Get real, you just kept going back to try to cover your ass.

And care to point out how you've "invalidated" ANYTHING I've said?

It's okay that you're just desperate to have the last word, it really is.