306: Mickey's Epic

Dhatz

Aug 18, 2009
important point: always prototype everything before making it, have the prototypes tested, don't make game worse than people expect/want.

SpaceMedarotterX

Jun 24, 2010
Another thing of note on 'Mickey is a badass in Kingdom Hearts' is that Minnie can cast Holy, presumably they were an adventuring duo who married and became royalty with her as his white/black mage.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
I still remember in the first one when Night on Bald Mountain starts up and the indistinguishable spire in front of you transforms in Chernabog and then again when One Winged Angel kicks in and theres a flash of light and Sepiroth unfurls himself... these moments made me tremble.

Its the wings man, they got them wings.

PunkRex

Feb 19, 2010
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
You know, number 2 had it's flaws, but I still thought it was pretty good. Minus the disappointing X and Triangle battle with the 1000 Heartless. And the Final Battle Turning into X and Triangle to win. And X and Triangle to win the game. You know, I think the reaction commands might have become a bit heavy handed later on, along with the whole convoultion with the Ansem and DiZ shit. Still, it was a good reason to include Christopher Lee. If only DiZ had a Golden Gun. Or the Eye of Mordor.

Mickey is still Obi motherfucking Wan in the series, thankfully. Unless Kingdom Hearts III gets delayed along with the TWEWY sequel due to all the 9001 FES[sub]1[/sub] editions of fucking FF XIII.

[sub]1[/sub][sub]Yeah, I know, Persona 3: FES doesn't have anything to do with Square, I'm just making a point about the crazy amount of FF XIII sequels there are.[/sub]

EDIT: And then the nostalgia drops like a bomb:
I agree, number 2 really stream lined its story (in the most part) and expanded on it. The gameplay on the other hand expanded into the idiotic, dont even get me started on Atlantis, finey fun *groan*, but overall I still love the Kingdom Hearts games. I just completed Terras story on BBS, that was hard.

Still dont go casting off FF sequels, I mean what I saw of FF13 was kind of boring but I didnt think FF10 was all that yet FF10-2 was tons of fun. Again the story was a bit naff but the gameplay rocked the Shopuff.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I liked Epic Mickey, but agree that Kingdom Hearts is the one that made Mickey Mouse into a badass. And as a fan of both Disney and Final Fantasy, it's amazing to see how well the two mesh together.

However, I REALLY WISH they'd stop stretching out the story and get to the third game already! (Cue Donald Duck-esque rage)

En Row

Apr 18, 2009
I for one wholeheartedly agree

I love the game but Sora, Riku and Kairi on the other hand is as bleh as they can be.

Anyway the the reason why I enjoy this is because:
*I get to see my childhood Disney characters doing something for a cause not just the usual pointless shenanigans
*I get to see them in a whole new perspective. Setting aside their comedic antics and showing a more "mature" side of the Disney cast
*and I get to see them interact with the other characters in the Disney universe which is btw awesome.

Silenttalker22

Dec 21, 2010
Despite loving KH, everytime I see this use, I feel it needs to be said:

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=epic

UltraStationJin

Jul 2, 2008
Wait. What?

If you died, Mickey Mouse could become a playable character and save and revive you?

How come I never knew/experienced this?

Blasphemy.

The only reason Kingdom Hearts will suck is because Utada Hikaru will no longer be writing, producing, arranging and singing the Theme Songs.

Kingdom Hearts 1: "Simple & Clean" (English Version)
"Hikari" (Japanese Version)

Kingdom Hearts II: "Sanctuary" (English Version)
"Passion" (Japanese Version)

She created them all. You all owe Utada Hikaru your lives and your childhoods.

RESPECT!

Raziel_Likes_Souls

Mar 6, 2008
PunkRex said:
Raziel_Likes_Souls said:
You know, number 2 had it's flaws, but I still thought it was pretty good. Minus the disappointing X and Triangle battle with the 1000 Heartless. And the Final Battle Turning into X and Triangle to win. And X and Triangle to win the game. You know, I think the reaction commands might have become a bit heavy handed later on, along with the whole convoultion with the Ansem and DiZ shit. Still, it was a good reason to include Christopher Lee. If only DiZ had a Golden Gun. Or the Eye of Mordor.

Mickey is still Obi motherfucking Wan in the series, thankfully. Unless Kingdom Hearts III gets delayed along with the TWEWY sequel due to all the 9001 FES[sub]1[/sub] editions of fucking FF XIII.

[sub]1[/sub][sub]Yeah, I know, Persona 3: FES doesn't have anything to do with Square, I'm just making a point about the crazy amount of FF XIII sequels there are.[/sub]

EDIT: And then the nostalgia drops like a bomb:
I agree, number 2 really stream lined its story (in the most part) and expanded on it. The gameplay on the other hand expanded into the idiotic, dont even get me started on Atlantis, finey fun *groan*, but overall I still love the Kingdom Hearts games. I just completed Terras story on BBS, that was hard.

Still dont go casting off FF sequels, I mean what I saw of FF13 was kind of boring but I didnt think FF10 was all that yet FF10-2 was tons of fun. Again the story was a bit naff but the gameplay rocked the Shopuff.

"Hey guys, you see the girl in the armor there? Yeah? Ok, well we're gonna promote her in anyway we can, even if that means associating her with a sequel to a 13 year old game that has nothing to do with this at all asides being a marketing machine for our new, incredible character."
-Yoichi Wada

"WHY THE FUCK DOES HER GAME GET A DIRECT SEQUEL, HER GAME DOESN'T EVEN NEED IT AND IT WASN'T EVEN AS GOOD AS FF X!"
-Me

Mind you, I only played X and X-2 for the gameplay because good character and dialogue stopped being a part of Square Enix's vocabulary around then.

And the only sequels I'm casting off on are Type-0 and XIII-2. Versus is being directed by Nomura, and he actually knows what he's doing. That, and Versus probably will have shit to do with Wada, so I'm aboard. Not to mention that Travis Touchdown's in it: