Stolen Pixels #147: Naked Greed

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Stolen Pixels #147: Naked Greed

Even temporary party members can be useful for something.

Read Full Article

Leifur

Oct 17, 2008
Damn, I never even thought about doing that, even on my second run through. funny as always :)

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
lol Dragon Age is nice though that it automatically gives you the items from your Temp party members that die. Namely those 2 mooks in the beginning. But OMG YES I DO THAT TOO! XD

hey man money is money and sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do! plus sometimes they are wearing something better! (Dwarf Commoner's dusters not as good as Jory's Chainmail! XD)

Iron Mal

Jun 4, 2008
As it's already been mentioned, it's not really nessercary to do that in Dragon Age but I will also admit that I've taken everything of value from red shirts in the past.

I'll have you all know it's very profitable.

lodo_bear

Nov 15, 2009
And I thought it was fun doing that on old-school RPGs. Now, with advanced graphic technology, you can reap the full visual benefits of stripping your temporary party members!

Honestly, why can't characters dress themselves?

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
I've definetly done that at some point or other in other games, like in FFIV. Why waste perfectly fine gear?

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
"Look, stop arguing and give me that breastplate, you're just going to bleed all over it in about five minutes."

Classic.

Vierran

None here.
Oct 11, 2009
I do it whenever i think someone in my party is going to throw a hissy fit and run off...or try to run me off.

IckleMissMayhem

Oct 18, 2009
Good items is good items. I always make sure the playable characters have the best kit going. Screw the NPCs who dip in and out (usually at the worst possible times!!

Eruanno

Captain Hammer
Aug 14, 2008
Holy crap, this is brilliant. Why haven't I done this so far? I'm so doing this later.

Feb 13, 2008
I can't.

I know it's sad and all, but I can't strip them of their clothes and weapons. It's just not right and too genre savvy.

I may, however, ask to borrow their +5 Sword of Intenstine Mangling for just a bit before they go...and then 'forget' to give them it back.

But they always gets clothes and at least a dagger.

The rest I take as Puppeteer fee.

ravensshade

resident shadow
Mar 18, 2009
well i hardly ever leave them naked... but if i see an item on them that's better then mine i'll "persuade" them to trade the items and give them useless/less usefull items in return.

Crimson_Dragoon

Biologist Supreme
Jul 29, 2009
I did that exact thing at that exact spot in the game. Thank's Shamus, now I feel horrible about it.

Admittedly though, I have to blame the game a little bit for offering expensive gear to buy (like a much-needed backpack) early in the game that you can longer purchase after a certain event. Because of that, I needed as much money at that point as I could get. So really, I needed their clothes more than they did.

Ah, justifying cruel deeds makes me feel good.

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
I've done that in the Kotor titles, but not in Dragon age because, as mentioned, you get all the gear from temp party members... usually.

Scrythe

Premium Gasoline
Jun 23, 2009
I do this all the time, unless given the option to go solo (like Dungeon Siege or kotor). That way I get ALL the experience and ALL the gold!

And besides, one-manning whatever games' Big Bad is always worth it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Yep. Im glad im not the only one who does it XD If I know they are going to leave soon, and I can get something good and/or money out of them...oh definelty!

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
At one point I moved all of Sten's gear to another character, and every time I went to camp I just couldn't help but laugh at the guy, trying to look darkly intense while standing there in his underwear. Try it, it makes anything he says seem incredibly amusing.