Stolen Pixels #147: Naked Greed

Dommyboy

Jul 20, 2008
Reminds me of this image:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7708/1258960415507.jpg

Rane2k

Aug 21, 2009
Yeah, you are not alone with this habit, I think I first did it in Baldur´s Gate 1, with Montaron and Xzar.

Also, BG1 had one genre-savvy NPC that knew how to (partially) prevent this: Xan, he had a sword that only he can use. (And it´s a really cool sword, basically a laser sword.)

Feb 13, 2008
Shamus Young said:
Poomanchu745 said:
BTW what the hell is a mook? Sounds like some derogatory term you would call some Asian man.
I thought the same thing for the longest time. I heard people say "mook" and for some reason I thought it was this awful racist slur against African-Americans. (I was confusing it with the now-archaic "spook".)

It was just a couple of months ago I Google'd around and found out "mook" is just a minion, henchmen, cannon-fodder, etc.
Which is a problem as you also have "gook"(derog) for a Vietnamese person, and "kook" for someone odd. Which makes the TF2 achievement "Kook The Spook" even weirder.
"Mook" is actually an ancient derog. against Italians though; So yeah...

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
Dommyboy said:
Reminds me of this image:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/7708/1258960415507.jpg
*fapfapfapfapfapfap*

I do it. I rob them of all their gear. They're only temporary party members anyway - what does it matter if they're naked and die a bunch of times? I'm not going to heal them.

StBishop

Sep 22, 2009
Rane2k said:
Yeah, you are not alone with this habit, I think I first did it in Baldur´s Gate 1, with Montaron and Xzar.

Also, BG1 had one genre-savvy NPC that knew how to (partially) prevent this: Xan, he had a sword that only he can use. (And it´s a really cool sword, basically a laser sword.)
I use to take all of Montaron and Xzar's stuff, make their clothes pink and yellow and kick them from my team :) Also, Yoshimo in BG2 is a twat. He had such good items and then tried to kill me, ever since then I kill him as soon as I meet him :)

Seriously, did you honestly think you were alone in this? I assumed that everyone did it, but I tend to assume that everyone does most of the things I do. I tend to assume that what I'm doing is logical and therefore everyone does it.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
I used to do the opposite in KOTOR2 (dude is about to fight enemis: Here are some first-aid kits for you!) :p

Maharassa

Sep 9, 2009
I did that, too. And more. Nearing the end of the game, I would have one group of four I would always travel and fight with. Naturally, those four were the only party members who had any gear on them, since i saw no point in equipping people who just hang around at camp.

Then at the end battle, as it came to defeating the archdeamon, I was surprised as i had to play not only my main party, but also the remainder who stayed outside the city to watch my retreat. So there I was with a party that was not only improperly leveled up, but also butt naked, facing the darkspawn onslaught. I made it in the end, but there was a moment of fear, as I frantically scrounged my inventory for equipment for them to wear, so they would not have to battle the horde with their bare hands.

Donrad

Aug 21, 2008
aawwhh never really thought of doing that..
but very funny.
you could have also stolen pixels from the grey warden ritual scene.. if they appear naked at that time it would have been quite amusing

Spatzist

Aug 2, 2009
I usually try to avoid doing this just on principle. My only exception is Gafgarion in FF Tactics. In my defense, though, he's stabbing you in the back in-battle, has gear you can't buy at that point in the game, and his life-stealing powers make him a pain to beat.

Diablosinmusica

Oct 14, 2009
I do this. Although it has caused some awkward moments with friends/family who don't play games enough to understand why I am controlling naked men in my game.

DanDeFool

Elite Member
Aug 19, 2009
I'll tell you one thing, I hate it when I FORGET to do this with a temp character. Sometimes they run off with some pretty valuable stuff.

Nerdfury

I Can Afford Ten Whole Bucks!
Feb 2, 2008
I did this to Yoshimo every single damn time, right before he betrayed me. In fact, I usually stood on the last safe floor paver before he betrayed me.

"Uhh, Yoshimo? I'm gonna stand here for a minute. Say, buddy? Can I see.. um.. ALL your stuff for a minute?"

Then I'd make him use up all his abilities! And then kill him.

Same thing with some other NPCs. "Say, before you betray m-- uh, I mean, before you let me take another step, could you do me a favour and cast ALL of your spells over there?"

Taneer

Sep 1, 2008
I did that in Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance. The starting equipment has no effect, and if you sell it immediately you can get more healing potions.

thrubeingcool13

Sep 28, 2009
I never thought to do that, and I've beaten the game multiple times. Though, I probably would do that if you didn't get their armor anyway.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Actually, this is moot. You get everything they had equipped straight after you wake up from the Joining.