GameStop Clerk Shot During Robbery

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
GameStop Clerk Shot During Robbery

Despite cooperating with an armed robber holding up his store, a GameStop clerk in Florida was shot as the man left with a freshly-stolen Nintendo Wii, and some games and cash.

Minutes after a GameStop in Orange County, FL opened on Monday morning, a man armed with a handgun entered and ordered the clerk on duty and his customer to stay put. After waiting for an automated timer on the store's safe to expire, the gunman took the cash, a Nintendo Wii and some games - and shot the clerk in the leg on his way out.

Given that the GameStop employee had fully cooperated with the robber, local authorities have yet to find a motive for the shooting other than that the gunman simply felt like it. "From what we know so far, there doesn't appear to be a struggle and it's preliminary, but it looks like the suspect got what he wanted and had no reason to shoot, but he did anyway," said Lt. Eddie Appleby of the Orange County Sherrif's Office.

Law enforcement officials are searching for the gunman, whose face was captured on film by the store's security cameras - and suspect that there is a chance that he may be connected to another robbery that occurred at the same store the day after Thanksgiving.

The clerk is expected to make a full recovery and called his manager from the hospital to tell him that he was feeling well - other than, you know, the whole "being shot in the leg" thing.

I can't help but feel that the guy should have tried to foist 100 copies of Modern Warfare 2 [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/96119-Man-Steals-100-Copies-of-Modern-Warfare-2] off on the gunman instead. Where the hell would he hide with all of those games?

(WFTV Orlando [http://www.wftv.com/news/22026307/detail.html])

Goldeneye103X2

Jun 29, 2008
Y'know, theres not much to say here. The robbers a bit of an asshole, 'nuff said.

I mean, at least be sporting if robbing someone.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
God dammit, this pisses me off. I can't come up with anything funny to say, I'm to pissed.

Disaster Button

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2009
For a Ninetendo Wii?
Why not take something useful? Hell at least a game or something to go with it.

Sucks the clerk got shot because of it though.

Chester41585

Mar 22, 2009
CantFaketheFunk said:
Where the hell would he hide with all of those games?

I think he'd try to hock them off at another GameStop. That's Florida! Thanks for visiting!

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
well... sucks to be that guy, I suppose.
I feel sorry for him, sure... but what can we do when assholes can have their own guns?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Wait, what's the automated timer on the safe do, exactly?

I feel sorry for this guy. Just showed up to work, gets shot by a robber.

Off topic: inb4 "Gamestop robs its customers"

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Don't EVER say that again.

OT: I guess I can feel lucky the game store I work at has never been robbed... I feel sorry for this guy but it's good to know he will make a full recovery.

HardRockSamurai

May 28, 2008
Well, I'm glad to hear that the guy's gonna be all right.

NOTE TO THE POLICE: When you catch this guy, DON'T, for the love of all that is good and holy, play with his Wii!

Flos

Aug 2, 2008
Clearly, he was shot because he was in on it.

See, see.

See.

They decided to rob the store together. The thief didn't think it looked convincing, though, so he shot his accomplice.

[sub]I'm a terrible conspiracy theorist.[/sub]

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Oh, well. People get shot in shops all the time. Just because someone in a game store gets shot, I don't really think it's gaming news.

Though I do remember one funny time in England when I read about a store clerk who fought back, and hit the robber with his own crowbar.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
He probably shot him in the leg thinking that it might slow the clerk from getting to a phone to call the cops.

The sad part about all this, with it being so close to the holidays, is the robber may have been getting the wii and a few games for his kids this Christmas and didn't have the money to pay for it.

Obviously that wouldn't justify shooting a person in the leg and stealing but it sounds to me like a case of warped good intentions.

Hopefully the clerk can get some time off and some workers comp. :p

Feb 13, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Oh, well. People get shot in shops all the time. Just because someone in a game store gets shot, I don't really think it's gaming news.

Though I do remember one funny time in England when I read about a store clerk who fought back, and hit the robber with his own crowbar.
Wasn't that Supervisor G. Freeman?

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
Wow, that's lame. Why shoot the guy if he's cooperating with you? No doubt the robber camps with akimbo 1887's on Modern Warfare 2. Atleast the clerk has a badass scar now. Don't tell me gunshot scars aren't badass. The bullshit you can make up just to get pussy is endless.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Chester41585 said:
CantFaketheFunk said:
Where the hell would he hide with all of those games?

I think he'd try to hock them off at another GameStop. That's Florida! Thanks for visiting!
If you went to another gamestop, they would recognize them as stolen games and have you arrested