3D Zombie MMORPG, would it work?

Richard Hannay

Nov 30, 2009
A 3D Zombie MMORPG would probably just be Urban Dead, but with graphics. And faster gameplay. Honestly, it's slow and repetitive, but there are quite a few things that Urban Dead got right, such as the fundamental nature of the world map and the war-like dynamic of numbers vs. preparedness it promotes in the players.

EDIT: Ninja'd.

The_Graff

Oct 21, 2009
kevin_kaya said:
Therumancer said:
In general an apocolyptic horror MMO would work, with say the world decimated by the return of the supernatural as opposed to a war or whatever. The problem with a game specifically based around Zombies would be that the bestiary wouldn't be very big, and it would get boring.

Having a limited number of opponents works fairly well for a run and gun game, but for an MMO that is supposed to be set up for long term play, the whole zombie-apocolypse idea is kind of limited. Add more monsters besides Zombies though and you wind up with some potential.
Any ideas for more "monsters" than zombies? I mean.. a zombie is a zombie.. :p Maybe just gradually increase the speed/damage zombies do as you progress to different areas?

The_Graff said:
hell yes, any developers in the crowd, please, please make this game!
Now that you said that, you have to actually pay and play it when someone does make it! :)
morethan happy to, assuming it isn't a train wreck

Rewold

Mar 18, 2010
Guild Wars but with guns and zombies. :p You take a party and go to an instance. Run through some dungeon and at the end is a final boss and great treasures. New gun or some kind of body armor. Then there are some zombie-free areas where you can trade with other people. Also some upgrades for guns and different outfits to make you special.

I prefer a lot of zombies who die easily over super zombies who take hundreds of bullets in the head. :p

kelpabc123

Apr 13, 2010
kevin_kaya said:
cousinletsgobowling said:
there is one its called dead frontier
If you read my post :p "I know there's that flash one, but I'm talking proper 3D MMORPG, on a scale similiar to WOW.."

And I agree with making it hard, games are boring when you run around killing everything without effort.. if there's little ammo, you need to be tactical.. choose better routes.. team up with other people etc. etc.
Uhhhhh F.Y.I. dead frontier is creating a 3D version of it. Now you can play the demo. It is really cool but it is only to give the feel on how the movement will feel like. It is slowly progressing onto becoming a 3D mmmorpg. However, the developers says that there is a bit of delay in it so if I read the blog right it should be fully released around November.

madfking

Apr 27, 2010
Well that is some good ideas ya got goin. ^u^ I might be able to help ya there. ok you could use the factions idea and i'll tell you how. O.O You could have factions for both Humans and Zombies. The humans could be Survivors, Military, and The Re-Animators people that are Raising the dead for a certain reason. ^o^ The zombies can have the Zorn {viking like zombies that only use brute stength and have no intelligance at all} The Necropoli (Ne-cro-Po-lie) {basically like necros bute have higher intelligence than the Zorn} And finally for the zombies there are the Infected {They want to Learn more about the Humans And the Betroven)

Flauros

Mar 2, 2010
Ive actually designed one in my head for the past couple of years now. It has "new" ideas too, not the same old rehash. I am currently trying to learn programming as of now so i can MAKE said game, but it appears by the time im done, zombies are going to be so trite and cliche and "done before". So im enhancing the "new" ideas now. It appears to be awesome, on paper at least.

Mucinex-D

Jan 19, 2010
I think a zombie MMO based around a FPS would work. It would be like Fallout 3 with a lot more ghouls. Sounds like it would be awesome to me.

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
I think they are making an mmofps type game... its called Z-Day, once again I am not 100% on this though.

EDIT: Yep, searching Z-Day in google and its the first thing that comes up.

madfking

Apr 27, 2010
I have some ideas for this. the factions idea could work here. 3 for the humans 3 for the zombies and 2 for the other on i have.

madfking

Apr 27, 2010
sorry bout that last thread.I made another group into this for like a OMINOUS mystery kind of feel to it.I belive i called them .... betroven? i have a bunch of imagination and some great ideas for this if we can pull off making this game and make it a NEW HIT then we need some MAJOR HELP.ill try to give you my ideas when i have them alright people. ^u^ later.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I might play it, but MMOs are very time consuming, and I don't have a lot of time. The idea sounds like a lot of fun though, so I'd most likely at least try it.

Oktanas

Apr 16, 2009
it is posible

create a world few towns quests add zombies and here you go.

Baldry

Feb 11, 2009
kevin_kaya said:
Would it work?

Would you play it?

What would you want to see in it?

What WOULDN'T you want to see in it?

I know there's that flash one, but I'm talking proper 3D MMORPG, on a scale similiar to WOW..
Awwhh someone else thought of my idea, darn!

Anyway yeeaah it would be awesome!!

I'd defiantly play it!

Ummm a well made group system, lots of weapons, and tons of weapons

You!

What! Their is?! WHERE?!

WalrusMan

Apr 28, 2009
Since it'd most likely turn into a WoW clone except with zombies, I wouldn't play it. It'd have to be like a traditional FPS except with some RPG concepts. Also, things like towns would defeat the concept of a zombie apocalypse; that is, if there were towns, why would anyone ever leave them? The point of a zombie apocalypse is survival, nothing more.

And if a game was made with surviving being the main goal, it'd be hard to make it fun. Once you got in fortress or something you'd be unkillable, and what's the point of playing after that? It just seems like if someone made another WoW clone, zombies could be replaced with any other monster and it would be the same game.

madfking

Apr 27, 2010
WalrusMan said:
Since it'd most likely turn into a WoW clone except with zombies, I wouldn't play it. It'd have to be like a traditional FPS except with some RPG concepts. Also, things like towns would defeat the concept of a zombie apocalypse; that is, if there were towns, why would anyone ever leave them? The point of a zombie apocalypse is survival, nothing more.

And if a game was made with surviving being the main goal, it'd be hard to make it fun. Once you got in fortress or something you'd be unkillable, and what's the point of playing after that? It just seems like if someone made another WoW clone, zombies could be replaced with any other monster and it would be the same game.

that is ggreat thinking my plan would be to have the factions idea i had. the fortress kind of idea is true BUT the survivors have to keep going into the cities to scavenge for food,supplies,wepons,ect. stuff like that.also they have to worry about parasites,deseases,sicknesses. what I am trying to do is help make a REALISTC game. like left 4 dead 2 but that kind of ruined the REAL aspect of that game. i am trying to come up with fresh ideas and little tidbits that i might add in with your ideas. it's not all about me here. I am not running the creation process. I am merely aiding it. O got to go now.

^u^ later

Mr Thin

Apr 4, 2010
Would it work?
Yes.

Would you play it?
Yes.

What would you want to see in it?
Zombies.

What WOULDN'T you want to see in it?
Trenchcoaters.