3DS Software Lineup Trailer Might Justify the Price Tag

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
The moment they said Megaman Legends 3, they guaranteed my purchase. I've got no idea about Nintendo products, I've never owned one of their systems or their handhelds, and I've got no clue at all what sort of graphical level they've attained recently or what's planned for the 3DS...

Don't care really. That's where MML3 is, I'll be buying one.

Edit: Just caught the trailer on their homepage. Impressive graphics for a handheld system. Or maybe I'm out of touch and they've been this way for a while. Whatever the case, this makes me feel good about the visual prospects for MML3, and that's the most important thing.

Missing SHODAN

Jun 9, 2010
I think I'll hold off and wait for that list of fantastic titles to actually come out before I rush out and buy one. It's possible that this is going to be the console that promises and delivers on a fantastic launch-day set of available titles, but all I've seen so far is the promises.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
The price tag sounds good to me and the lineup is quite impressive indeed (especially Metal Gear), but sadly, here on Mexico, that price, assuming it's going to cost $250, roughly translates to $3250 pesos and that's without taxes wich I predict the final deal will cost $3500 or $4000 pesos. if it's $300 it roughly translates to $3900, wich I assume will cost $4500 or even $5000 (!).

As a bit of a comparison, I got my Wii at $3500, I bought the 360 from a friend at $2000 and the PS3 costs $4500 (if you look hard enough).

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
I'm... actually not in the slightest bit interested. I've played Ocarina of Time before, and while it's awesome, it's not worth shelling out AU$400+ for the portability. The 3D is neither here nor there to me.

As has been mentioned about, the majority of them are ports or remakes. I'll wait until they release something a little more interesting/original, and lower the price. A lot.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Mornelithe said:
John Funk said:
I would be very, very surprised if the 3DS was $300. $250 seems infinitely more likely to me.
They already announced it, it's been covered on a few other sites.

EDIT: LoL, and there's even one on Escapist
No, they've announced the Japanese pricing of 25,000 yen.

Which, as I said in the original post was the launch price for the PSP and Wii, which were released here at $199 and $250, respectively.

To my knowledge there has been no official announcement of a European/US price. Everything else is speculation.

Please read more carefully next time :)

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Long awaited sequel... re-release, Sequel (maybe a re-release), same, re-release, re-release, and Mario Kart... again...

While I'm looking forward to the 3DS, the launch games do not inspire me with much confidence that we'll be getting the best thing ever. Why not make a new Star Fox? Why not make a new Zelda? Why not stop making Mario Kart? Kid Icarus, yeah, nice change of pace... but that's maybe one of the several things listed. A bit disappointed.

Candidus

Dec 17, 2009
Perhaps tomorrow's quiz of the day: 3DS lineup, what are you most looking forward to? I'm not betting on it, but I expect it's going to be this...

As long as it's not done by the same person who did the MMO quiz.
>Which upcoming MMOS are you...
>No Guild Wars 2
>No ToR
>No Tera
>LOL 40k MMO, only 2+ years away

Excited, despite the long wait ahead. This'll be the first time I've bought a console for a game since Halo: CE.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
DO WANT!
I had no idea there were so many amazing games launching with it. MUST HAVE IT!

Jark212

Certified Deviant
Jul 17, 2008
That Submarine one looks really fun, but there's no way I'm going to shell out $250-300 for a 3DS...

MirrorSweep

Apr 17, 2009
This video just earned Nintendo $250 - $300 from me.

Surprised no appearance from Pokemon b/w.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
SilverUchiha said:
Long awaited sequel... re-release, Sequel (maybe a re-release), same, re-release, re-release, and Mario Kart... again...

While I'm looking forward to the 3DS, the launch games do not inspire me with much confidence that we'll be getting the best thing ever. Why not make a new Star Fox? Why not make a new Zelda? Why not stop making Mario Kart? Kid Icarus, yeah, nice change of pace... but that's maybe one of the several things listed. A bit disappointed.
Yes why not make a new Starfox, it's not like everything since Starfox 64 has been various forms of absolute failure or anything. Oh wait.

It makes a lot more sense for them to do a remake to test the waters than to do a sequel that people will play twice for 30 minute total and return because it's shit (speaking from experience)

Also Nintendo's lineup is not the entire 3DS lineup. Given their strong third party support (hopefully) we'll be seeing more than just the "blasphemous" remakes and sequels you all seem to abhor so much as long as it's Nintendo doing them.

As to your Mario Kart question, it's because Mario Kart DS was the 5th best selling game in a year 5 years after it was released, that's why. Mario Kart is popular. Deal with it.

Also, Mega Man Legends 3

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
I'm actually going to wait on some more original titles before committing.
Remakes to me are interim titles (nice to have around); but they shouldn't form the absolute base of a system's gaming library since they're games we've already seen before.

KEM10

Oct 22, 2008
John Funk said:
But it's certainly helping me justify the purchase to my own wallet.
Right, like you would buy this with money out of your pocket and not end up saying it was a work expense.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
epsilon246 said:
ZeroMachine said:
... Holy shit...

... I actually REALLY want a new Nintendo system. I... I didn't think that'd happen for years, if ever again.

And it looks like it has great quality games...

My god.

My gamer-life has been turned upside down.
You say that but you have a metroid avatar?
... Yes?

I'm a fan of the older pre-Wii (... heh...) stuff Nintendo had. I'm more of an XBox guy now. Plus, Metroid Fusion introduced me to the Metroid series, which I absolutely love. I like only a very small amount of stuff on the DS, and even less on the Wii, so I figured my serious interest in Nintendo for excellent quality games had ended.

Plus, somewhat unrelated, but I just haven't changed my Avatar in probably almost a year. Haven't been coming on here much. :p

Sakurazaki1023

Feb 15, 2010
If only they would release a version without the 3D gimmick.

Since I plan on turning off the 3D as soon as I purchase it anyway, I really don't like the idea of spending a ton of extra money on a feature that I won't use.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
PSPGo = $250
Main Feature: All Digigal Handheld.
Result: People mad about price.

3DS= $250-300
Main Feature: Glasses-less 3D which the mass public has had no chance of seeing yet...
Result: People accepting 3DS price due to software line up.

Really people? I mean I can see why people didn't like the PSPGo's price tag but to readily accept the 3DS's price tag without seeinf how it works it a bit silly.

gamepopper101

Aug 12, 2009
I agree the line-up is really good, but I can't stop laughing at the pathetic music choice for the video itself XD

Tom Phoenix

Mar 28, 2009
To me, whether or not the technology justifies the price entirely depends on whether or not Nintendo implements region-locking. Paying for an advance piece of technology is nice, but paying for an advance piece of technology that is even more restricted than the PSP is just ludicrous.

That said, it is concerning that the price is on the steep side. I dread to think what the price will end up being in Europe, since we have traditionally been paying far more than people in the US.