4 months on xbox live and only one hate message

Sassafrass

This is a placeholder
Legacy
Aug 24, 2009
Country
United Kingdom
Got called an asshoooooooooooooooooooooooole by someone who thought I vote kicked him in a Reach game.
Funnily enough, it wasn't me as I was against him so I was unable to kick him. But apart from that, that was it.

The Paradigm

Oct 12, 2009
I was once playing TF2 on Xbox, just switching around between classes every couple deaths, and I killed this random guy as a pyro,everyday stuff. But this guy sent me a text message that went something like "noob can only play pyro play class that takes real skill" Guess I upset him somehow.

fanklok

Legendary Table User
Jul 17, 2009
It's odd I haven't gotten any hate mail. Or I might've and just not remember it. The most suprising instance was when I went 58:1 on Havana in BLoPs. Not one person raged that day.

For anyone who wishes to really bring the hate I have a very simple two step procedure for it.

1. Get good at FPS' on the PC
2. Play Combat Arms

I have been rage kicked many times playing that back when I was too poor for the fancy paid for games.

Silliest time was on a map specifically designed for sniping every kill I got was a headshot, with a sniper rifle.

My favorite instance was when I was in a 3v2 against some guys in a clan and my team mate left 3 minutes in. Got kicked for "BS headshots", which was just aiming chest high and letting recoil do my work for me. Though casually walking out of the spawn and firing three shots for a head shot at a small window obscured by smoke didn't help my case. One guy even tried saying that MY application of FRAPs was making him lag.

Basically what I;m trying to get at here is headshots are easy and the combat arms community doesn't understand the concept of skill.

MostlyHarmless

Feb 8, 2010
I get hate mail generally whenever I play online. Mainly because of people getting pissed because I don't join their match/party chat. But as for extreme hate mail, only twice. The first time was because my internet connection shut down and when I logged back on, I had a message from the guy on my previous team calling me a "no-good-dog fucking- American" and that I should go die. The second message I deserved. I spent an entire match in TF2 blocking a Sniper's view as a Pyro. It was highly enjoyable.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Theo Rob said:
it was some bastard voice clip simply shouting LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAG!! becuase of my win on blazblue

ah well it was only a matter of time before someone hates my actions

got any hate mail recently?

edit:GODDAMN GRAMMAR IS FIXED
I've gotten a bunch of Ragequitters. Does that count?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
VaudevillianVeteran said:
Xbox LIVE isn't the cesspool it's been made out to be in my experience, I've had my own account since...July? August? last year and haven't gotten one hateful message.
This is after playing lots of COD, Halo, GOW, etc. etc. maybe I haven't had the joy of meeting more rageful players.
Same here, it's actually quite a nice place from my experience. Heck my first message from a stranger was "Lucky ass shot" (with worse grammar and spelling) because I grenade-launched a helicotper in Bad Company 1.

Cid Silverwing

Paladin of The Light
Jul 27, 2008
Never gotten hatemail in my life over gaming. Then again the PSN doesn't have the courtesy of actually recording player names in "Players Met" in every game you play. I might get one if I keep playing Toontown Online enough (in the kiddiest way possible as far as the fascist chat filter will allow).

Btw - my captcha reads "namely ermskin" just now. What?

SonOfStayPuft

Sep 21, 2010
I get a lot on Fifa.This Dutch guy I was playing last year on Fifa 11 started sending me some vile abusive messages all because when I scored one of my goals I was celebrating a bit too much.
He must have got annoyed because instead of rotating the right stick to pull off a celebration, I did what I see a lot of people do and just have my goalscorer run around a bit longer.

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
The closest I get is stupid ten year olds shouting hax at the top of their voices at everyone.

Okuu_Fusion

Jul 14, 2010
4 months on Live as well... I've gotten 1 hate mail too...

However, I responded with a witty comeback, and now the guys on my friends list...

I kinda of wish more people would send me hate mail... Its quite funny...

acer840

(Insert Awesome Title)
Mar 24, 2008
Country
Australia
I have had 3 come to mind in my 2 years+ on Xbox Live,

Number 1) Guitar Hero 3, Pro Face Off, opponent was highlighting the "Expert" level, and being an honest and fair gamer I was went expert, unfortunately s/he then locked in medium once I locked Expert. Played through song in which I had then defeated them by a few thouseand points, then getting messages saying I was unfair and must be hacking.

Number 2) Ace Combat 6, 1 V 1 online, decided to make it a fair fight and went with F18/E with SAAM (Semi Active Air-Air Missiles) and my opponent decided to go F22/A with QAAM (Quick Maneuvering Air-Air Missiles) which are practically impossible to dodge in an F22 let alone an F18. Got my ass handed to me, and then get a message about how noob I was and that I must be a girl because I was not getting angry that I lost. Sometimes people confuse me.

Number 3) Red Dead Redemption, some punk was going out of his way to kill me in free roam, so after the 5th death, I went and hunted him down, at which point I get a message saying "leave me alone, I didn't chase you down", and that was after death number 2. Guess it's not so fun when your opponent decides enough is enough and grabs a rifle eh punk?

So yeah, I think I've had a good run on Live for the time being.