Tetris to Get Own TV Channel

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Tetris to Get Own TV Channel

Tired of there being nothing on the tube? Well that's going to be a thing of the past, thanks to the all new Tetris channel!

Hey, you like Tetris, right? Of course you do, so no doubt you'll be happy to pay three bucks a month to play Tetris on your TV via it's own dedicated channel? Hey, where are you going? Wait up!

In a partnership with Oberon Media and The Tetris Company, DISH Network subscribers can gain access to a dedicated Tetris channel for the low cost of $2.99 a month. For your cash, you'll get access to a 15 level 'Marathon' version of the game, as well as a time-attack mode where you have to clear 40 lines as quickly as possible.

The service will have leaderboards and the capacity for tournaments in the future, allowing you to play against other armchair Tetris fans and is expected to be a big hit with gamers who enjoy frustrating, unresponsive peripherals, and those people who haven't heard about this new-fangled 'internet' thing.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5465536/tetris-gets-its-own-satellite-tv-channel]

300lb. Samoan

Mar 25, 2009
Fuck, I thought you meant I could WATCH Tetris. This would be the perfect gift for that douche-bag neighbor who has Dish network and doesn't know I have access to his service records, if only it cost more!

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
The sad thing is, this is better than around 50% of the shite channels on Sky.

tk1989

May 20, 2008
what a waste
Sparrow said:
if you dont watch them all then dont subscribe to them all :p

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
tk1989 said:
what a waste
Sparrow said:
if you dont watch them all then dont subscribe to them all :p
Oh, I don't keep paying for them. After about a month of the full package I decided I probally didn't need "Islam TV".

KDR_11k

Feb 10, 2009
If it doesn't play the Korobeiniki the users will riot. That was the main complaint users had about the official iPhone Tetris.

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
this is so weird, i cant see any trace of logic here, its like if someone made shoes out of glass or made cloth with invisible threads.

its really weird and i want to have a talk with everyone who want to buy this.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
:mad:

*puts purse out of reach* ...Go away and stop trying to take my money for no reason.

Jing the Bandit

Jan 4, 2010
KDR_11k said:
If it doesn't play the Korobeiniki the users will riot. That was the main complaint users had about the official iPhone Tetris.
Hell, I'd riot.
I'm angry now.
I thought I'd be able to actually watch Tetris.

Drundy

Dec 9, 2009
I find tetris boring.And why should I play tetris on my tv when I can do so many other things

Vohn_exel

Residential Idiot
Oct 24, 2008
Shapes made four colored blocks sometimes shaped like T or a Box come down like falling bricks...

But yeah, I could see my 50 year old mother getting into this. Other then that, I can't imagine anyone I know wanting it.

Beardly

Jan 19, 2010
Jing the Bandit said:
KDR_11k said:
Hell, I'd riot.
I'm angry now.
I thought I'd be able to actually watch Tetris.
Do you mean you thought you could watch random other people play tetris or an automated tetris program?

Because I would totally watch other people play tetris just so I could yell at the screen when they mess up like I do when I watch Jeopardy.

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
AWESOME! I LOVE TETRIS!!!!

Yeah maybe I can copy my favorite actor moves when I play Tetris DX on my gameboy color =D

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Kalezian said:
Logan Westbrook said:
Tired of there being nothing on the tube? Well that's goign to be a thing of the past, thanks to the all new Tetris channel!
the red lines mean you made a mistake.
I'll tell you what, when your writing is perfect, then you can be sarcastic. Thanks for the heads up however.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Now all they have to do is invent a time machine and bring back a person from 30 years ago who would actually be impressed. That won't be expensive, right?

Hopeful they come up with other channels that are a bit more intricate and fun then Tetris in the future. Those would have potential.