Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux says that the next Fable game will have features that will upset some people.

Speaking with GameReactor [http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=6692] at the Copenhagen Game Jam last weekend, Peter Molyneux revealed that his upcoming announcement about Fable 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JGDM/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280157300&sr=1-1] is going to cause some people to be very upset indeed. The question about the game turns up in the last minute of the interview, and the change in Molyneux is significant, becoming instantly cagey, and with the trepidation clear on his face says that "very, very big things are happening in Fable, bigger than you think," and that people will be "super pissed off" at the news.

So what could it be that is going to upset people so much? In my opinion, it can go one of two ways. Either Lionhead is going all out with the social stuff it implemented in Fable 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-II-Xbox-360/dp/B000FRVAD4/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1280157276&sr=1-1], or it's going completely the other way and turning the social stuff right down, and making a pure fantasy adventure game. Either one will upset someone, but with Fable 3 confirmed as using Microsoft's motion controller Natal, it seems to lean more towards the former.

Or perhaps Fable 3 will be eschewing a traditional controller altogether? That certainly would upset a lot of people, and makes a certain kind of sense, given Molyneux's evangelism for the device. Either way, we're going to have to wait until the announcement at Microsoft's X10 event later in the month.

Source: via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/02/06/molyneux-says-some-features-in-fable-iii-may-upset-people/]

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
Not just pissed off, SUPER pissed off.

Seriously, people are annoyed at every game that comes out, if there changing the direction of fable good for them.

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Might he be referring to a shitty ending/quest that will leave you depressed/pissed?

If that's the case, sure, go right ahead, we eat Law & Order:Special Victims Unit endings for breakfast.

I don't know, Molyneux might be exaggerating.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
At least he realises he's going to upset fans. Not that he's going to anything to change that.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
Atleast he isn't hyping it up so we get annoyed when we find this in-game. I wonder what it is.

Aptspire

Mar 13, 2008
and he thought Fable 1 and 2 would be insanely well received...what happens when he thinks a game announcement will piss off some???

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Oh I know. Fable 3 will take place in a nuked Washington DC. And be in first person

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
Finally, Molyneaux woke up.

Kinda wish they'd make a Fable II without all the shittiness for the PC though.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Aptspire said:
and he thought Fable 1 and 2 would be insanely well received...what happens when he thinks a game announcement will piss off some???
It will be universally loved.

FactualSquirrel

Dec 10, 2009
Wait, we're believing what Molyneux says about his games now?

Ah well, I expect it will be from being so bad, or they'll finally allow you to shoot kids...

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
My question is "will they still expect us to use swords when guns are readily available?" Because really, you've heard the old saying 'never bring a knife to a gunfight,' right?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Can't wait for the news.

But I'm going to take it with a massive grain of salt if Peter says it.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
At least he's taking a more sensible direction in his marketing; instead of massive hype he's simply saying; 'It could be good, it could be bad. Buy it and find out!'

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
squid5580 said:
Oh I know. Fable 3 will take place in a nuked Washington DC. And be in first person
Oh snap!

If I had to guess, I'm going to side with the "going all out with the social stuff". Like a 3rd-person fantasy The Sims. With full Natal support. I dunno why, but something like that just seems to fit Molyneux' idea of "very big things are happening in Fable".

TheZapper

Jul 11, 2009
At least he's admitting this one will upset people, there was no warning with Fable 2.