Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

minotaur199

Sep 10, 2009
He's gonna upset Yahtzee by making a good Fable game?! And it will be perfect and Yahtzee wont have any bad comments on it?! Id like to see him try!

Davrel

Jan 31, 2010
Whatever Molyneux says should be taken with a more than a pinch of salt (a quarry-load perhaps?)

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Even with motion controls, it will probably be the same game. Heck, Fable 2 upset people because it was kind of lame!

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
The Great JT said:
My question is "will they still expect us to use swords when guns are readily available?" Because really, you've heard the old saying 'never bring a knife to a gunfight,' right?
It's perfectly fine to bring a knife to a gun fight. Just make sure you brought a gun as well.

Earthmonger

Apple Blossoms
Feb 10, 2009
My guesses are:
1) It's going to require an active internet connection and XBOX LIVE in order to play, regardless of gaming mode.
2) It's going to be completely open-ended with a feeling of not having accomplished anything.
3) "Molyneux has promised to remove a traditional RPG mechanic from Fable III, the emphasis being on removing "clunkiness" and making the game more accessible." - id est, it's going to be dumbed-down to a point that Special Olympics rejects can beat it in an hour.

zauxz

Mar 8, 2009
Yet another hyping tool.

People are guessing and wondering what will it be. I'ts working.

SBoggart

Jul 2, 2008
Methinks it'll be sci-fi. This seems too drastic of wording for him to be just downplaying something for marketing purposes. Either way it will probably suck and leave Yahtzee doing some beast of a three-part ZP.
The man just should've stopped after Fable. It was a decent, fun game with some things that could've been fixed here and there. Fable II did not feel fulfilling in the least and after beating it- its predecessor was still more fun.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
JakBandit2208 said:
Were any of the Fable games good?
Rather enjoyed the first one, the second was met with a "meh", especially the infamous last boss.

OT: Maybe this one will upset people with a final boss that is just truly unbeatable, one who will mash you into the floor the very second you even touch the controller, the exact opposite of Fable 2.

Or maybe Marcus and Dom will swoop down into the Fable universe and kick some serious balverine arse!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The last one upset me - by making me spend £20 on a complete piece of shit.

PhantomCritic

May 9, 2009
Caradinist said:
I don't know, Molyneux might be exaggerating.
Doesn't he always exaggerate anyways?

OT: I think Molyneux is just following his old formula when presenting his games, over-exaggerating the hell out of them, except this time he's doing it with the bad points instead...hmm, a plan thats stupid enough that it might just work...well played Molyneux...well played.

The only thing that could possibly enrage people so much that its labeled "super pissed off" is if they they had interactive sex scenes instead of the blacked out screen in the previous Fables.

DRADIS C0ntact

Mar 26, 2009
If the game doesn't use a controller at all and instead relies entirely upon Natal, I won't be pissed, I just won't buy it. I have no plans at all to buy Natal. Ever. If that means I have to miss out on a game like Fable 3, then so be it. If I wanted motion sensing, I would break out the Wii. I have a 360 and a PS3 so that I can enjoy games in the more traditional way. End of story.