Molyneux: Fable 3 Will Upset Some People

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Ooh... whatever could it be? Find out on the next episode; same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
after watching the teaser and reading this article, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Molyneaux comes out and says "Fable 3 is going to be an MMO where only one person can be king/queen of Albion" Yeah it seems like a stretch to think that but come on, its freaking Molyneaux we're talking about here.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Nice, so he's finally telling the truth, is he?

I would guess it will be almost entirely Natal driven, which will be enough to tick a lot of people off in and of itself.

Or maybe Milo will follow you around the whole game instead of your dog. There's endless cause for upsetting things if that happens.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
HI, WE'RE BEING CONTROVERSIAL WITH OUR NEXT GAME, PLEASE MEDIA, GRANT ME SOME ATTENTION!

I'm sorry, but what is that statement supposed to mean? Is it supposed to tell me the game's gonna be good? 'I spit on your grave' made some people upset, but that didn't mean it was a good movie. It was actually the equivalent of someone wiping their ass with celluloid.

Simalacrum

Resident Juggler
Apr 17, 2008
wow, Peter Molyneux actually cranking down the hype-o-meter? Thats unheard of!

jasonelillis

Feb 7, 2010
I wonder if he's talking about mainstream media's responses to sex in games (definitely part of the Fable games) and how players would go about this with a Natal motion-controller.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
Seems like hes trying to boot up the hype generator.

I KNOW its going to be dissapointing.

BloodyThoughts

EPIC PIRATE DANCE PARTY!
Jan 4, 2010
Moloneux you got one last chance buddy! ONE LAST CHANCE! I can't believe the 3 hours I wasted in Fable 2's story.

Kushan101

Apr 28, 2009
This seems bizarre. He knows its going to "super piss off" fans. Not just potential customers, but the established fans. And he's going ahead with it... right. Has anyone in the games industry heard of customer loyalty? Anyone? No? Ah. Never mind then.

Bobkat1252

The Psychotic Psyker
Mar 18, 2008
Ugh, and here after the Natal thing I didn't think it could get worse, I wont buy the game if Natal is mandatory for even one aspect of the game. I don't want motion controls and they won't force me into to buying them by putting them into games I'm looking forward to. If Molyneux wants to ake a Natal game, I'd rather he leave his pre-established franchise out of it.

Maybe it will be like Mario Kart Wii or SSBB, they give me the option to use the Wiimote or a gamecube controller. That would keep me happy.

Shamanic Rhythm

Dec 6, 2009
KeyMaster45 said:
after watching the teaser and reading this article, I wouldn't be the least bit shocked if Molyneaux comes out and says "Fable 3 is going to be an MMO where only one person can be king/queen of Albion" Yeah it seems like a stretch to think that but come on, its freaking Molyneaux we're talking about here.
That was a feature originally touted for Age of Conan before they realised it was the stupidest idea ever.

Still, it's good to see that Peter Molyneaux has finally realised that promising an amazing genre defining game and then delivering an utterly generic watered-down action RPG tends to piss people off.

jebbo

Jul 17, 2009
I reckon it'l be cel-shaded. And he'l murder a kitten for every copy that gets sold. And you got to fight the final boss on the moon. And win by melting it with fire coz it's made of cheese. Or the whole game will make fun of disabled people. Seriously? What could be THAT bad as to piss off everyone?

era81

Jun 11, 2009
I now know why, When the opening credits end game starts with you shooting the main enemy in the head four months later you can buy the rest of the game in episodes.

David Bray

Jan 8, 2010
I think we'll be super pissed off at another bad game.

That said, i always come back. 1 was bad and i went in with hopes for 2 which was bad. I know i will get 3 unless it uses Natal so my whining is a double edged sword.