God of War III Launch Trailer Will Make Europeans Jealous

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
God of War III Launch Trailer Will Make Europeans Jealous

This God of War III [http://www.amazon.com/God-War-III-Playstation-3/dp/B000ZK9QCS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278968473&sr=1-1] launch trailer may not have Kevin Butler in it, but that doesn't stop it from being badass enough to make our friends across the Atlantic jealous that we get to play it today and they have to wait a week.

[viddler=6f4b1b73]

Now, don't get me wrong here: We have lots of readers across the pond, and for the most part all y'all are awesome. We here at The Escapist love all of our European members a great big huggy bunch, and we're glad to have you here with us.

But after watching this God of War III launch trailer, I hope you'll forgive me this one moment of North Americanocentric gloating: Ha-ha, we get this game today and you guys have to wait, like, a whole week! Well, okay, maybe it's only a few days, depending on where you are. Mainland Europe gets Kratos' final outing tomorrow, while the UK and Ireland need to wait a bit longer to pick it up on Friday.

So maybe it's not that much longer after all. Nevermind, gloating canceled - sorry about that, guys.

Anyway, the game looks absolutely phenomenal. If the astounding Metacritic score hasn't convinced you that Kratos' grand finale isn't worth picking up, this might just tip you over the edge. Or, you could wait for our opinion, which may or may not be coming Thursday...

(Via VG247 [http://www.vg247.com/2010/03/16/gow-iii-launch-trailer-makes-us-do-a-little-wee/])

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Well Funk, here's my retort:

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Yeah that was OK.

I'm pretty sure I've seen better trailers. But nonetheless it's probably making people who were already looking forward to it to a state of shivering of awesome. ;)
*edit
I found an example.

Jharry5

Nov 1, 2008
Wow... I've never been that bothered about the God of War series, but that looks incredible. I might have to get it.
The trailer did succeed in making me jealous...

Alkestes

Dec 9, 2009
I've never actually played a God of War game, nor do I own a PS3. I have been considering picking up a PS3 for MAG, and possibly the new FF. But after watching a lot of the reviews for God of War 3, I think I'm finally going to head on out and pick up a PS3. And hunt down the first two God of Wars. >:

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Damn I'm soo jealous!

No not because I'm European, but because I only own a 360.

Seriously I wish I had a PS3 right now, this game looks amazing.

Apr 28, 2008
Hubilub said:

Um... actually we get that to. My brother is getting that edition later today :p

Only here in the states its called the "Pandora's Box" edition or something.

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
AWESOME. cant wait to pick this up ... Picked up the God of War 1&2 Pack recently and just finished them.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Irridium said:
Hubilub said:

Um... actually we get that to. My brother is getting that edition later today :p

I know that. But most people who buy GoW 3 won't buy this, but simply the regular version.

Apr 28, 2008
Hubilub said:
Irridium said:
Hubilub said:

I know that. But most people who buy GoW 3 won't buy this, but simply the regular version.
True.

The fools...

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
Yeah, well, I get free health care so...

[sup]Yes, I stooped that low.[/sup]

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Irridium said:
Hubilub said:
Irridium said:
Hubilub said:

True.

The fools...
We shall laugh at them form our thrones at Mount "God-of-War-Elitism-pus"

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I officially hate PSN right now. Why you ask? Demos.

I had never played a GoW game until I checked out the demo. Now I HAVE to go out and buy the first two and this one because that demo was freaking insane.

Now I know that I should have played them a long time ago but I'm kind of an "open world whore" where if a game doesn't have a sandbox style of gameplay, I generally don't play them. Yeah it's a close minded way to game but that's what I like you know.

Then "Just Cause 2" demo came out and I had to check that out. Now I'm gonna have to buy that game. DAMN YOU PSN!!!!

Zhandarr

Apr 15, 2009
Sparrow said:
Yeah, well, I get free health care so...

[sup]Yes, I stooped that low.[/sup]
Ha! I laughed at this. Go england. Anyway, I wish I could get this, but my mum won't let me get 18's anymore D:

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'm hoping that I'll be able to get my hands on God of War 3 after stupidly not preordering it.

PLEASE let GameStop have a copy, I beg you gaming gods! I'll sacrifice....uh...erm....blast, what the devil do gaming gods like......money? Hell if I know, just give me a sign that I shall have my hands on God of War 3 today!

Mr Companion

Jul 27, 2009
I now officially dislike John Funk.
In addition I am from England so I get to wait super long woo FUCKING hoo.