Question of the Day, June 8, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 8, 2010

Dragon Age is getting its very own anime feature film, even though EA's previous attempts - Dead Space: Downfall and Dante's Inferno - didn't do so well. What other videogames deserve their own anime?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Katamari and FF don't already have their own?

If not, then them. But really...I want an Okami anime. Using the same art style, if possible.

I Resurection I

Sep 2, 2009
I was thinking Final Fantasy but the games are already like anime to me, so I chose TF2. The game itself is comic hilarious and the difference between the characters is so drastic that everyone would be different.

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Final Fantasy already has one.

And it has a summoning gun.

That's right. A summoning gun.

Blanks

Mar 17, 2009
I say Final Fantasy, granted the franchise has had quite a few anime series'(Unlimited, Legend of the Crystals and the FF7 OVAs) but depending weather or not it would be based off of one of the main games or something original if done right you can't go wrong =P

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Does it really have to be an anime?

Games like Final Fantasy could make a good anime probably (Final Fantasy Unlimited doesn't count since it had nothing to do with the games... same with The Spirits Within), but stuff like Team Fortress 2 (my pick in the poll, btw) would be far more suited to a non-anime cartoon since its visual style is already very cartoony.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
Erm... A Final Fantasy Anime already exists... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legend_of_the_Crystals]

In fact, There are actually not two [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy:_Unlimited] but three Final Fantasy Animes... [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_Order:_Final_Fantasy_VII]

And that's if you discount Advent Children for being CGI. Someone didn't do their homework...

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
A Bioshock anime about how Rapture got stuffed up would be pretty interesting, as would a L4D anime.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I'd watch the TF2 anime, definitely. Though the L4D anime would be awesome too. I didn't like the FF: Unlimited anime too much.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
For me has to be Final Fantasy, I know it haad one years and years ago...but one more liked to the series I think could go down a storm!

Fightgarr

Concept Artist
Dec 3, 2008
I don't know if I'd want it to be an anime, but what I feel would make a great cartoon is:
Grim Fandango - The writing is solid and funny, with good characters and an original premise. It has a very distinct style that would translate well into some form of 2D animation.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
Other, Phoenix Wright would be fascinating, since it basically IS anime, just more interactive.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
I went with L4D cause there just arent enough zombie anime/cartoons out there. I think a Team Fortress 2 one would be pretty damn good especially if they stick to the drawing style.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
chstens said:
Other, Phoenix Wright would be fascinating, since it basically IS anime, just more interactive.
Or a new Zelda cartoon as hype for the next game. Aim it at kids, but still make it good (see Avatar: The Last Airbender) and it could help boost Wii sales.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I don't know if it already has one, but if not, then SMT: Persona 3.

Okey, so the game is already part anime, but it would be nice to have it full-anime!

Rafe

Apr 18, 2009
Blazblue. I would love to see them expand on the great universe they've already created.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
The Bioshock one would be pretty good, I'd give it to the animators that did Death Note and make it all nice and dark.. Fun for the whole family

Da Joz

May 19, 2009
Final fantasy has one called final fantasy unlimited. Maybe chrono trigger or chrono cross should get one.