Question of the Day, June 21, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 21, 2010

EA announced some pretty great titles at this year's E3. Which ones will you play?

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
I really enjoy the Need For Speed games and I cannot wait to play the new one.

Vet2501

Mighty Morphin' Power Ranger
Nov 9, 2009
Well, as much as I dislike MMOs, the only game here that I'm even remotely interested in is The Old Republic. I really hope the fee is not too high as I really want to play it.

Darth Rahu

Critic of the Sith
Nov 20, 2009
Vet2501 said:
Well, as much as I dislike MMOs, the only game here that I'm even remotely interested in is The Old Republic. I really hope the fee is not too high as I really want to play it.
I concur, everything else feels like it's retreading old ground for the wrong reasons. Kind of ironic ain't it?

Maxman3002

Steampunked
Jul 25, 2009
Although im really excited about the Old Republic im starting to feel like their trying to do everything and it will never live up to my built up expectations. Dead Space 2 on the other hand I think will be awsome! It gets my vote

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Crysis 2, maybe also Dead Space 2.

Vanguard_Ex said:
'Battlefield: Vietnam'?

...ok, I wasn't aware of this title. Jesus fucking christ...
It is a mod for BF:BC2, which is weird for two reasons...

For two, they are releasing it around the same time that CoD: Black Ops comes out, which is based during the Cold War. All I can really say is dick move, EA. Dick move.

Carnagath

Apr 18, 2009
I will be buying Dead Space 2, because I enjoyed the first game and would love to play through some more brilliant no-gravity sections. Even if the rest of the game is underwhelming, those are enough to warrant a purchase for me.

I will rent Hot Pursuit to check how deep and enjoyable the single player is, if it's just an afterthought and the main focus of the game is going online and hunting people down I will not buy it.

I will also rent Crysis 2 and play through the campaign once.

Not interested in the rest of the games, and I am done with any kind of MMO's forever.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
On the list there definetly Dead Space 2. I cant wait to see more of Mr.Clarke!

GundamSentinel

The leading man, who else?
Aug 23, 2009
I have an inherent distrust of MMO, but The Old Republic just looks too good. I want it.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Assassin Xaero said:
Crysis 2, maybe also Dead Space 2.

Vanguard_Ex said:
'Battlefield: Vietnam'?

...ok, I wasn't aware of this title. Jesus fucking christ...
It is a mod for BF:BC2, which is weird for two reasons...

For two, they are releasing it around the same time that CoD: Black Ops comes out, which is based during the Cold War. All I can really say is dick move, EA. Dick move.
That second reason is why I have such disdain upon hearing it. This copying one-uppery is really starting to grate.

Mr. Grey

I changed my face, ya like it?
Aug 31, 2009
The Old Republic, hands down. For single player though? Huh, that's a tough one... I'd bet Crysis 2 would amuse me the most, if only because it's so deliciously simple. I mean the story and the controls, etcetera... it's just good old fashioned fun.

I'll never forget being able to throw a Korean soldier against another soldier. I hope I can keep doing that, maybe even crush my enemies' necks.