Question of the Day, June 21, 2010

Henry Michel Proust

Mar 9, 2010
From EA portfolio it would be Mass Effect 3 which is mysteriously absent from the list. I wonder how they'll wrap up the trilogy, storywise of course.

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Vet2501 said:
Well, as much as I dislike MMOs, the only game here that I'm even remotely interested in is The Old Republic. I really hope the fee is not too high as I really want to play it.
this

i freaking HATE subscription fees with a passion, i understand why they are there but i fucking HATE THEM. but due to bioware plus TOR being the sequel to the other kotor games..i have no choice but to give it a go
What? Are you poor? 15 dollars a month is almost a negligible amount unless you're underage or something. And the amount of content you get for it is huge, it beats the hell out of all DLC.

Sep 14, 2009
Zing said:
gmaverick019 said:
Vet2501 said:
Well, as much as I dislike MMOs, the only game here that I'm even remotely interested in is The Old Republic. I really hope the fee is not too high as I really want to play it.
this

i freaking HATE subscription fees with a passion, i understand why they are there but i fucking HATE THEM. but due to bioware plus TOR being the sequel to the other kotor games..i have no choice but to give it a go
What? Are you poor? 15 dollars a month is almost a negligible amount unless you're underage or something. And the amount of content you get for it is huge, it beats the hell out of all DLC.
hm first off no im not,

but there are PLENTY of things i have to pay for first before video games

college, car, insurance, food, dorm

and video games usually falls somewhere after that

and i usually dont buy dlc, usually its just an added weapon or two or some small area, which i either can do without just fine or there are mods for that, so its really a non essential.

15 dollars a month can actually be quite a fucking bit, especially after having to buy the initial game before that.

plus why would i buy a game and do the subscription right away? thats just stupid, i'd wait a year or so, then hop on, and get all these so called "amounts of content you get for it is huge" in one scoop rather than those 12 months you had just paid for.

im not the person who sits on one game forever, thats just not me, no matter how many quests and content there is, thats why i get bored with oblivion and fallout and play only an hour or two at a time, so trying to tell me i get bucketloads of extra content for that is not persuading me one bit to pay it, i'd rather have an initial game for 60 bucks, a few patches perhaps, and im good to go and have that game to play it, when i want to, for free.

now if you like to do that, thats perfectly fine, you obviously dont think its a big deal to pay 15 bucks a month for one game online, which i have no quarrel with you, but as the guy i quoted, i dont, and TOR just might be the first game to do that for me.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit I haven't been excited about a racing game for years
Dead Space 2 I actually liked the first game. I guess now I get to watch it ravaged until it's a bleached skeleton. Hooray!
Battlefield: Vietnam Hmm, copycat shooter: Copycat setting? No thanks.
EA MMA A sport game with no real-life participants when a licensed game exists? Those are ALWAYS awesome
Crysis 2 Didn't have 8 grand to buy a PC that would play the first one
The Old Republic Maybe, but Bioware's strength (writing) usually doesn't help with MMO development.

In all, I might be able to avoid giving EA any of my money this year. Let's see...

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
Zing said:
gmaverick019 said:
Vet2501 said:
this

$15/month is not negligible. It's $180/year. There are a lot of things I could do with $180 other than pay for a game I've already bought.

If this amount of money is "negligible" to you, then I hope you have an income above $300,000/year. Otherwise, I see money problems in your future due to unrealistic perceptions of money.

Also, "What? Are you poor?" is a really dickish thing to say. I'm not saying you are a dick. I'm just saying you said something that a dick would say.

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm get my vote. I am getting sick of FPS games, but these are the exceptions as I thought Crysis was one of the better FPS games to come out in a LONG time, and Bulletstorm just looks flat out fun and back to the days of old FPS cranage, not this boring derivative shit we have now.

None of the other games on that list interest me in the slightest.

riotwraith

May 27, 2010
If I had to pick one with a gun to my head, i would say The Old Republic because I loved KOTOR. No gun to my head, I would say "What? I don't even know what EAMMA is and I won't care about the rest of those at all until I actually know what they're about, when they make some TV commercials a week before they come out. Even then I won't want to play any of them until one starts getting awesome reviews all across the board."

Zing

Oct 22, 2009
gmaverick019 said:
Zing said:
gmaverick019 said:
Vet2501 said:
this

hm first off no im not,

but there are PLENTY of things i have to pay for first before video games

college, car, insurance, food, dorm

and video games usually falls somewhere after that

and i usually dont buy dlc, usually its just an added weapon or two or some small area, which i either can do without just fine or there are mods for that, so its really a non essential.

15 dollars a month can actually be quite a fucking bit, especially after having to buy the initial game before that.

plus why would i buy a game and do the subscription right away? thats just stupid, i'd wait a year or so, then hop on, and get all these so called "amounts of content you get for it is huge" in one scoop rather than those 12 months you had just paid for.

im not the person who sits on one game forever, thats just not me, no matter how many quests and content there is, thats why i get bored with oblivion and fallout and play only an hour or two at a time, so trying to tell me i get bucketloads of extra content for that is not persuading me one bit to pay it, i'd rather have an initial game for 60 bucks, a few patches perhaps, and im good to go and have that game to play it, when i want to, for free.

now if you like to do that, thats perfectly fine, you obviously dont think its a big deal to pay 15 bucks a month for one game online, which i have no quarrel with you, but as the guy i quoted, i dont, and TOR just might be the first game to do that for me.
Pfft, 15 dollars is like one meal once. The fact of the matter is, whether you like it or not, we WANT this to have a subscription fee. MMO's without sub fees plain suck, they produce almost no extra content, have poor support and lots of problems. In fact for a game that cost so much to make, if the game wants to last 12 months then it needs to make money.

PhiMed said:
Zing said:
gmaverick019 said:
Vet2501 said:
this

$15/month is not negligible. It's $180/year. There are a lot of things I could do with $180 other than pay for a game I've already bought.

If this amount of money is "negligible" to you, then I hope you have an income above $300,000/year. Otherwise, I see money problems in your future due to unrealistic perceptions of money.

Also, "What? Are you poor?" is a really dickish thing to say. I'm not saying you are a dick. I'm just saying you said something that a dick would say.
Saying I said something dickish implies calling me a dick, but it's okay I forgive you.

You don't have to pay monthly, if you're going to start saying how much it is yearly to make it sound large then you could just pay it in 12 month increments and save money, and again, MMO's suck terribly without subscription fees.

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Mmm... Old Republic.

[insert content face here]

Now if it was out already this Taffer would be rather happy. This MMO might just do the trick and keep my attention as Ultima Online did back in the day.

AcacianLeaves

Sep 28, 2009
The failures of Warhammer Online, which I believe fall at the feet of EA rather than Mythic, have really tempered my excitement for The Old Republic. I don't know how well even BioWare will be able to rebuke EA's cries of 'No, make it more like that WoW game!'

However the fact that I feel any excitement at all for an EA game does say something.

The Cheezy One

Christian. Take that from me.
Dec 13, 2008
Callex said:
Wait, didn't Battlefield Vietnam come out several years ago??
i loved that one
playd ho chi minh trail ith the enemies ramped up to about 400%, then when they all run across a bridge at the start, grenade launcher it!
dont know about a new one though