Review: Lego Harry Potter

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007

If you've ever once wished you could visit a Hogwarts made of plastic bricks, now's your chance.

Read Full Article

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
What kind of hub system do we have going on this time? The original or the Indy 2 or is it something completely different?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lego games have always had that little bit of fun, and good times attached to them...having there own unique charm which makes them odly fun

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Susan Arendt said:

If you've ever once wished you could visit a Hogwarts made of plastic bricks, now's your chance.

Read Full Article
When I saw the review up I was hoping it'd be you. Your style of review lends itself well to Lego (Insert Franchise Here). By the way, when the hell am I getting my Lego Ghostbusters? It would fit so well. Act 1, the movies, act 2 the cartoon, act 3 extreme. Walter Peck comes with the special power of shutting off power.

Viruzzo

Jun 10, 2009
Susan Arendt said:

Read Full Article
Nice review, this may be the first LEGO game I'll actually buy, instead of just telling myself that I should.
Still Ms. Arendt I'm surprised: not a single mention of there being unicorns in the game???

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Viruzzo said:
Susan Arendt said:

Read Full Article
Nice review, this may be the first LEGO game I'll actually buy, instead of just telling myself that I should.
Still Ms. Arendt I'm surprised: not a single mention of there being unicorns in the game???
I'm actually all about Hedwig.

squid5580 said:
What kind of hub system do we have going on this time? The original or the Indy 2 or is it something completely different?
The Leaky Cauldron acts as your hub. From there, you can head back to Hogwarts to continue the story, replay levels in Freeplay, visit Diagon alley, or watch the cinematics you've unlocked. You start there when you first fire up the game, and can return there at any time.

Distorted Stu

Sep 22, 2009
I DONT KNOW. WHATS THE THIGN AT THE END IM SUPPOSE TO KNOW. AGGHHH!!

Also, i love lego and HP. So i loved this game :)

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
I'll pick it up. I was gonna get Blazblue 2...but I suck at fight games, so what's the point?

standokan

May 28, 2009
Looks awesome, though not gonna play it, i already played too much lego games and already didn't like the last indiana jones and batman game.

xavi

Jul 1, 2010
@DAVEoftheDEAD same here.haha.
I guess I can shell out 50 for it to be a good b/f

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
standokan said:
Looks awesome, though not gonna play it, i already played too much lego games and already didn't like the last indiana jones and batman game.
Indiana Jones was just plain bad, and I didn't personally care for Batman. This, however, I adore. Granted, a lot of that is simply because I love the source material so much, but I also just plain think it's a better designed game.

instantbenz

Pixel Pusher
Mar 25, 2009
DAVEoftheDEAD said:
My girlfriend wants this game. It's a way for us to bond on a video game level.
That's why we got it on Monday. No work for us so we started it. This game is surprisingly long for a Lego game. Most do have you trudging through levels (standard children's game stuff with a lot of time used by destroying everything in an area) and of course, once beaten, replaying them to gather all of the collectibles. But, after 10 hours of play which has been enough for us to get through Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga, we are only at the halfway mark of Year 4.

Gotta take it back on the 12th, so we're starting to rush a bit more.

ranger19

Nov 19, 2008
Susan Arendt said:
Good review, sounds like I'd imagine a Lego Harry Potter game would. My question, though, is how the game's story handles cycling through four full years at Hogwarts. That's a TON of things to happen in one game.. is the game really long, with each year feeling like a definitive section of the experience? Or does the game use those events as a backdrop, and instead has Harry and friends more wandering around than anything?

I used to think that the best Harry Potter game would be one that could encompass all seven years, but now I'm not so sure.. giving each year it's due seems to work best in terms of narrative to me.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
Six Star Wars movies, three Indy movies, and four Harry Potter films. Total word count: 0.

Well, I've got every other Lego game so far, so I might as well pick this one up. This one looks like it's bigger and better than Indy, which was also crazy fun.

xavi

Jul 1, 2010
sooperman said:
Six Star Wars movies, three Indy movies, and four Harry Potter films. Total word count: 0.

Well, I've got every other Lego game so far, so I might as well pick this one up. This one looks like it's bigger and better than Indy, which was also crazy fun.
+1 batman

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
*Gets wand and starts zapping everything*
*Zaps Trees*
*Zaps DoorKnobs*
*Zaps Atoms*
*Zaps A black Hole*