Shamus Plays: Champions Online, Part 1

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008

Star on Chest just hates it when cities don't have proper alien invasion plans.

Read Full Article

Starke

Mar 6, 2008
Weird question, Shamus, why drag this one back up and run it again? Or were there differences that my own memory lapse missed?

LazerFX

Driver
Sep 10, 2008
I can understand this. I don't know how much overlap there is between TwentySided and Escapist, but I bet it's mostly one-way (i.e. lots of TwentySided fans have come to the Escapist because Shamus is now here, but very few have gone the other way - no offense Shamus). Therefore, there's quite a high chance that this series, which does have its comedic value, has not been seen before by most of the population of the Escapist...

Those who have seen it, well, just read or don't read it. Maybe you've forgotten most of it by now? Either way, it's nice to see the original Let's Play series airing here, and it's easy work for Shamus, so he gets a bit of a rest. We all win, right?

Feb 13, 2008
I go for a quick run-through of the character building options and am able to craft my avatar in just under a fortnight, which is a new record for me.
Ah, the happy weeks I'd spend just trying to get the costume right.

JordanMillward_1

May 19, 2009
Just wondering, but when people cry for help, does Star on Chest's super-agent swoop down and start asking if they have the appearance fee on them?

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I finally managed to play this game yesterday for about two hours. But after getting back from a lunch break, I couldn't get on, again. It would just freeze up on me during the loading screen.

jtesauro

Freelance Detective
Nov 8, 2009
I actually did read this when I was checking out 20 sided one morning and got way too addicting. Weird coincidence, but I was actually thinking of checking Champions Online out. Any one here play and have some thoughts?

Apr 28, 2008
Haha, I remember reading this. As one of the 6 or so people who don't care if its a re-run, I look forward to more.

Also, ENTIRE OTHER TEAM IS BABIES!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hmm...Well, I'll read it twice!

Is Star on Chest even built to take gunshots to the face?

scarab7

Jun 20, 2009
Can't stop smiling when I read this. "If not, grab a brick." I'm going to try and quote that more often.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Looking forward to seeing more of this. Champions was pretty fun for the first month I played it, until I ran into the walls of "out of content" and "leveling up takes forever" around level 33. They made a nice corner of "I don't feel like paying for this anymore." And I think I'll drop this wall analogy because I'm bad at it.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
Shamus Young said:

Star on Chest just hates it when cities don't have proper alien invasion plans.

Read Full Article
Stop me if you've heard this one before, but... I've read this already on your other blog! I hope you are using this time to find another MMO to play... like WOW or something.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Well I'm in the "visit twentysided a lot less than I really should" demographic, so this is new to me, and very welcome. Extremely funny, and I look equally forward to a more up-to-date Let's Play series. :)

Meemaimoh

Aug 20, 2009
I never read the LOTRO one, because I started paying attention to the articles on the Escapist when it was about halfway over. I've never read this, either. So thanks very much for the read. You're a very funny man!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
It's a very common police tactic to shoot the guy who's going to save your bacon in the face. I believe it was first created in the Marvel Universe by a cop who was bored of merely giving superheroes flak for the speed at which they were stopping criminals.

I look forward to super-shenanigans!

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
I happen to be in the, um, "never visited twentysided or played D&D ever" demographic, so this is brand new and highly entertaining. Yay Shamus!