Fan Film Imagines God of War's Awkward Teen Years

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Fan Film Imagines God of War's Awkward Teen Years

If an indie film studio made one of those awkward high school "coming-of-age" movies starring God of War's Kratos, the trailer would look something like this.

[viddler=5c92ae3f]

Gamers know Kratos. Gamers love Kratos. He's a brutally violent, incredibly angry ancient Greek sociopath whose sole driving force is to slaughter anyone who has ever wronged him in any way whatsoever. But what if he wasn't always that way? What if he was once an awkward young high schooler, trying to find himself and deal with the unrealistic expectations of his dad Zeus?

The above fan-made trailer to a hypothetical, nonexistent indie film shows what Kratos would be like if he were the star of, say, almost every single movie Michael Cera [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101449-New-Scott-Pilgrim-vs-The-World-Trailer-Hits-the-Net] has ever been in. It's surprisingly well-made with very solid production values, and I may just be speaking for myself here, but I'd love to see this actually expanded into a short film.

Am I alone on that or what?

(Via G4TV [http://g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/706300/Nugget-From-The-Net-If-God-of-War-Was-A-Quirky-Indie-Movie.html])

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Good old crude British humor. I first saw this on Game Trailers where a good chunk of users either didn't get the joke or were expecting something real... despite the obvious playful nature of the title.

The ripping out of the "cyclops" was the best reference!

Dommius

Aug 8, 2009
That was actually pretty awesome, I'd watch it as a short film. Also, am I alone on this one or was that music really catchy?

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Mr Companion said:
I WILL DESTROY ALL THE GODS OF OLYMPUS!!!
After I have cleaned my room.
Hah.

More on topic. I would watch this, if just for the laugh because to be fair they did get alot of things wrong with the God of War story there.

Lord George

Aug 25, 2008
Someone really needs to make one of those coming of age films where the protagonist is deep down at heart an evil psychopath, rather then a nice misunderstood guy.

But yeah this was pretty cool.

Danny Ocean

Master Archivist
Jun 28, 2008
Hah. Gaviscon, anyone? It cools in three minutes!

But yes, I agree with everyone else, this made me laugh. I'd watch it if it was expanded into a proper short.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
It's like someone crossed Napolean Dynamite and God Of War.

And I love it, I would pay cash to see this.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
D0WNT0WN said:
It's like someone crossed Napolean Dynamite and God Of War.
"Here's your dinner, you stupid hydra!"

Yeah, I'd watch this. Someone needs to make it. Like, now.