Question of the Day, August 8, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, August 8, 2010

EA is spicing up The Sims by making it go medieval. Which period of history do you think The Sims should visit next? What would be some history-related things you could do in the game?

Antitonic

Enlightened Dispenser Of Truth!
Feb 4, 2010
If the success of RDR is anything to go by, people don't mind a little western flavour.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I would sure like to see it in Roman times. The Romans were quite technologically advanced with their buildings so the house creations could be quite interesting. That would be something I would like to see.

TundraWolf

Dec 6, 2008
Either Roman times or the Renaissance. The Wild West really isn't a viable option, I don't think, as they had next to no luxury. You want to decorate your shack? Choose between a bear rug or a stuffed elk head for the wall.

Honestly, though, I want to see a futuristic Sims game. I hate The Sims, but I think I'd play one where you get to create futuristic moon bases and what-not.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
I think it would be really interesting to play 'The Sims : Evolution'. Kinda what Spore was INTENDED (and failed miserably) to be. Start as cavemen, develop into homo sapiens sapiens, and then degenerate into the homo soap operatus we see today.

ZakCanard

Anas Charisma
Oct 17, 2007
Prehistoric Sims, perhaps sitting somewhere between One Million Years BC and The Flintstones.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
Wild West, I'd go with.
I haven't played it much, but The Sims has always bored me. A duel at sundown is just what we need to spice it up.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
If someone could make a mod that merged The Sims and Rome - Total War it would be sweeeeet. You could actively encourage your family members to produce new generals in between slicing pieces off Egypt!