Question of the Day, September 7, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, September 7, 2010

Fans of Dr. Who can now have their very own sonic screwdriver - in Wiimote form [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/103270-Doctor-Whos-Sonic-Screwdriver-Tranformed-Into-Wii-Remote], that is. If you could have any of Dr.Who's gadgets in real life, which would you have? How would you use it?

kwagamon

Jun 24, 2010
I chose other because I want the psychic paper! Can't imagine how fun that little thing would be to have.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
Inb4: Amy Pond. ;)

Ok, Ok, I'm gonna go with the TARDIS, but mine's gonna be shaped like a Star Wars arcade cabinet.
I voted Other with every intention of saying that. God damnit.

Sonic Screwdriver I guess ¬_¬

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
It's gotta be the TARDIS! I mean... COME ON! :D
Think of the wonderful opportunities opened to you, and that's before travelling in time.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Can I have a fully working TARDIS and a crew?
[sub]Actually, were they all called TARDISes or was it just the one the Doctor stole?[/sub]

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
The Sonic Screwdriver. I'd only screw things up if I was allowed a TARDIS.

Feb 13, 2008
Frequen-Z said:

Ok, Ok, I'm gonna go with the TARDIS, but mine's gonna be shaped like a Star Wars arcade cabinet.
Never beat a Master of Time. By the way, have you checked that sentry behind you? Someone seems to have sapped it.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Psychic Paper.

Can get you into anything that relies on keycards, even fools automated chip systems...

/dammit, already said.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Give me Tardis! Not only can I go anywhere in time - But anywhere full stop! No more commuting =D

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Frequen-Z said:

Never beat a Master of Time. By the way, have you checked that sentry behind you? Someone seems to have sapped it.
AUUGGH

*flails his Homewrecker around in a panic*

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008

I voted the Tardis and I'm more then happy for it to still be a police box (though a traditional Red Phonebox would also be cool).

Cassita said:
Never liked Doctor Who.

Sees to be a lot of fans on the Escapist forum. Must be an English thing.
Its probably the most English program around.

Edit: Do we get an instruction manual or do we have to figure it out for ourselves? If its the latter, I'll change my choice to Psychic Paper as messing with a Tardis could get dangerous quickly.

Edit2: Damn, edit was ninja'd by Rednog

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Tharwen said:
[sub]Actually, were they all called TARDISes or was it just the one the Doctor stole?[/sub]
Yes they were all called TARDISes

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Isn't the Tardis and the Quantum Crystaliser almost the same thing, both are time travel devices, one is just hand held?
Assuming I could get the knowledge to pilot the tardis I'd pick it, otherwise it is pretty much a useless box that you'd probably kill yourself with by pulling random things.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
PoliceBox63 said:
Tharwen said:
Yes they were all called TARDISes
Wait a minute, I'm pretty sure the doctor's granddaughter is the one who coined the term TARDIS and that we have no clue what the galifran name for it is. Thus it really wouldn't be called TARDISes because the term was coined when there was only one and for that single one.