Question of the Day, September 7, 2010

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Rednog said:
Oh I agree, after dragging myself through the wiki, and thinking about the general history of Doctor Who, I'm chalking it up to a failure of writing, the thing has been handed from writer to writer over time (especially with different writers of books) and they don't seem to fact check things 100% of the time or they just make shit up and retcon it in.
That is totally DW's MO though :p Sure what about the lazer in the Sycorax Invasion? All the never-again-spoken about shit! (although Moffat may or may not have dealt with them with his rewriting-time shizzle this season. We'll have to wait and see.)
10 has often said that he "stole a TARDIS" and in episodes I've seen the Time Lords call them TARDISes. From my memory I think it's been established that they were named TARDISes before that event with Susan. Who knows?! This could be just the Doctor referring to them as Susan named them >.<
One of my pet peeves is the maintenance of continuity in shows => DW, as brilliant as it is, always has me tearing my hair out at things like this.

Brnin8

Jul 17, 2009
I would want my own Dalek, just as a guard dog thing. Would be awesome...

If I to choose one from the list I would go with the TARDIS, because I would be able to finally Terminate John Conner...

HentMas

The Loneliest Jedi
Apr 17, 2009
with the TARDIs i could get all those things in just a few jumps in time.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
PoliceBox63 said:
Quaxar said:
But TARDIS is clearly an English term. Thus they really wouldn't be called TARDISes because the abbreviation probably doesn't work out in Gallifreyan. Just sayin'.
Oh pish wibbly wobbly translaty wanslaty shite... You know that stuff doesn't fly! That has to fall under writer's licence.
I was just defending his point. And since he's mostly travelling with English speakers the TARDIS would translate to the English meaning anyway.

Quaxar said:
Wait a minute, I remember you saying you would give me my certificate "on wednesday". Of course I can't get my license if you withhold my documents!
You never turned up to collect it! It had to be shredded according to the MDTT.
Damn tricky Time Lord! I assumed mail was okay too!

PoliceBox63

Apr 7, 2010
Quaxar said:
I was just defending his point. And since he's mostly travelling with English speakers the TARDIS would translate to the English meaning anyway.
I know, I know. It's just something that has to be looked past.

Quaxar said:
Damn tricky Time Lord! I assumed mail was okay too!
Not since @imnotparanoid: starting putting bombs in our pigeon holes...!

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
I want the sonic screw driver with the lazer option the master haz, only its more fry,cut or meld molecular structures. :X

Mad Fast

Sep 22, 2009
I would have to pick the TARDIS, not only to time travel put it's infinitly large inside. Just think of all the cool stuff lying around inside it.

LostTimeLady

Dec 17, 2009
I really want a Sonic Screwdriver (so cool) but you just have to go with the TARDIS. All of Time and Space? It's a no-brainer!

(As an aside I probably cobble together a sonic screwdriver in the TARDIS workshop if I had time).

How would I use the TARDIS? I'd go everywhere and everywhen! It'd be fantastic!

"All of time and space, everything that ever happened or ever will, where do you want to start?"

zHellas

Quite Not Right
Feb 7, 2010
A TARDIS shaped like the time-travelling phone booth from Bill & Ted.

SniperMacFox

Suffer not the Flamer to live
Jun 26, 2009
Of course TARDIS, if you're gonna cruise around space when everything else is either Jet-Black or Ultra-Shiny, then I would pick unstylish blue just so that it would stand out ^_^

historybuff

Feb 15, 2009
TARDIS is the obvious answer--but I'll pick the Sonic Screwdriver.

Although I'd rather just have the Doctor himself.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Sonic Screwdriver.

I would love to mess with stuff within my means instead of inevitably breaking time.

But a TARDIS would be cool as long I could change its shape into something a bit subtle; maybe a DeLorean.