Feb 10, 2011
My suggestion would be:
Sunkurn -> Sunflora
Sandshrew -> Sandslash
Ekans -> Arbok
Ponyta -> Rapidash
Wingull -> Pelliper
Mankey -> Primeape

Also, for the people complaining about Zubat, while annoying, it's actually a decent pokemon, and Crobat is extremely powerful.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Seriously, is the best argument ANYONE can come up with against the Vanillite is "But it's ICE CREAM!!!!"
I guess it's not like other Pokemon are based off of real objects though...
Oh wait, caterpillars/butterflies, seeds, turtles, mice/rats, bats, pidgeons, snakes, balls, gears, the alphabet, sludge, crabs, cats, rocks, flowers, cotton, candles, bunnies, famous martial artists, ghosts, monkeys, tadpoles, etc.
But Vanillite is completely unimaginative in comparison, obviously.

Yeah if you can't tell I'm just a wee bit sick of the "Ice cream sucks hurr, gen 5 is worst gen durr" attitude you see everywhere on the internet

Brendan Stepladder

May 21, 2012
Sentret
Poochynea
Wobbuffet
Ledyba
Farfetch'd
Mankey

You, sir, just got the greatest team of all time.

Use Wobbuffet for everything, and you shall not err.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
The7Sins said:
Normal = Agreed.
Flying = Jumpluff, Delibird, Butterfree, Ledian, and Chatot are more horrid.
Dragon = Agreed.
Rock = Agreed.
Ground = Stunfisk, Sandslash, and Quagsire say 'hi'.
Fighting = Primape is arguably worse and Scrafty is a racist Pokemon if I ever saw one.
Poison = Agreed.
Grass = Jumpluff, Sunflora, Cherrim, and Maractus are worse. Parasect is actually decent if slow.
Bug = Butterfree and Ledian are teh suck here. As said earlier Parasect is ok.
Fire = Agreed.
Electric = Hahahahahaha. Magnezone is actually very good. Pachirisu is the king of bad Electric Pokemon. Won't bother listing every Electric worse than Magnezone. Tis a long list.
Psychic = Yes one of the few Pokemon so good it is relegated to Uber tier is bad. So true. Honestly though you need to remember a little guy called Unown. He is unequivocally the worst Psychic and worst Pokemon.
Ghost = Another joke pic right? RIGHT? Bannette, Dusknoir, and Mismagius are worse.
Dark = The aforementioned racist Scrafty also takes the prize here as worst. But in terms of usability your right its Liepard.
Water = Legends can't be named. Just not right. Luvdisc is the worst water Pokemon and one of the 4 or 5 worst ever.
Ice = Delibird wins here as well as being tied for the win earlier in Flying.
Steel = Mawile says 'hi'. Forretress is good for setting up traps and being a nuisance. Not as good as Ferrothorn but not completely useless like Mawile.
To explain:

FLYING: Pelipper is double weak against Electric and has to wait until Lv40+ as a Wingull to get its better attack moves.
GROUND: Golem is double weak against BOTH water and grass and has a limited movepool.
BUG/GRASS: Parasect, a Pokémon already doubly weak against Fire, becomes even more so with Dry Skin AND loses HP in sunlight so it cannot even use the Sunnybeam combo...is OKAY?!?
ELECTRIC: Magnezone has limited moves and is doubly weak against Ground. If it knew Levitate WITHOUT burning a move for Magnet Rise, I'd agree with you. Instead...Magnet Pull? Useless since Steel vs. Steel is a bad matchup.
FIGHTING: Not usually a good idea to have a Fighter be double weak against Psychic.
GHOST: No joke. When a type is one of the few that can be used against Psychic types, it's never a good idea to have it be also WEAK against Psychics. It has great stats, but from a tactical standpoint it's a bit overrated.
PSYCHIC: WOBBUFFET...is...uber?!? A Pokémon hard as the nine hells to train and requires precognative ability to attack is UBER?!?
WATER: For a "legend", Phione is NOT very legendary. Too many non-legend Water types can outdo it, both in stats AND in attacks, and it takes forever and a half to breed one. Besides...if you already HAVE a Manaphy, why do you even need this?!?
ICE: Ugh...at least Delibird has a better movepool. You can't even BREED any better moves in Cryogonal.
STEEL: Mawile's multiple elements it can attack with say "hi" back. Oh...and Scizor, Durant, and Excavalier are busy kicking Forretress's ass right now. Not really good being a defensive Pokémon if you can't bring a good offense as well.

Anyways...it's probably moot anyway. If the "Magikarp kicking the Shiny Legends" tells us anything, it's that there IS no such thing as a bad Pokémon with the right strategy. (Except for Dunsparce, that thing's still useless.)

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Mr.Mattress said:
Magikarp.
Metapod/Kakuna.
Pidgie/Spearrow.
Slackoths (Love Vigoroths though).
Zubats.
Golems.
Are you serious? Golem is probably the BEST Pokemon in the first gen.

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
Jerram Fahey said:
Mr.Mattress said:
Magikarp.
Metapod/Kakuna.
Pidgie/Spearrow.
Slackoths (Love Vigoroths though).
Zubats.
Golems.
Are you serious? Golem is probably the BEST Pokemon in the first gen.
You know what, your right! I meant to say Geodudes! I'll fix that mistake. Thanks for telling me.

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
TheKasp said:
GamemasterAnthony said:
PSYCHIC: WOBBUFFET...is...uber?!? A Pokémon hard as the nine hells to train and requires precognative ability to attack is UBER?!?
Well, his movepool and abilities reduce the amound of prediction needed on your part next to zero. Thanks to shadow tag the enemy is forced to play carefull because Wobuffet usually kills 1-2 Pokes in his team (encore him into a move [or if he is choiced even less work needed], Shadow Tag does not give him the option to save his Poke and then KABLOO, Mirror Coat / Counter away).
The problem is that it is VERY easy to mess up that strategy. Get a Pokémon with at least one each of a Physical, Special, and Support attack. This way, the Wobbuffet has NO idea what your next attack will be, and even if it learned Encore as a Wynaut it's screwed if the opponent uses the Support ability...meaning multiple turns with no counterattack.

CAPTCHA: deep thought

I was SOOOOOOOOOO tempted to type the number "42" in the Captcha line to this...

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
Lizardon said:
Shedinja - Only has 1 HP, but is immune to Super Effective hits. While I think it's a cool Pokemon, he's practically useless in battle. You'd have to "evolve" a Nincada to get him though.
If I recall correctly, Shedinja is actually immune to everything except Super Effective attacks. I used to use Shedinja, he's actually quite useful against anyone without something strong against a bug/ghost.

I'm going to agree with anyone saying Sentret. Sentret's pretty worthless.

Sandjube

Feb 11, 2011
While my friend, brother and I were sitting at dinner we discussed pokemon for a bit and they said there was an ice cream one.

That one is the worst.

Hyperme

May 19, 2011
Since few Pokemon are completely worthless, I'll assume you're fighting someone with Pokemon in the top 100 - 150. This gives you a spread of utterly ineffective choices.

Luvdisc - terrible stats other than speed, it's ability doesn't help it, and it has a tiny, worthless move pool.
Unown - One move, than doesn't even be useful. Also bad stats.
Shedinja - While Wonder Guard protects in from direct damage, any form of indirect damage will instantly KO it. However, it does have 12 immunities, so you could luck out and win. Of course that means no Sandstorm, Hail, Spikes, Stealth Rock, Toxic Spikes, Leech Seed, Toxic, or any moves of the five types that can hurt it from the opponent. Not likely in a six on six.
Regice - Really fast, but will low HP and Defense. And four weaknesses; Fire, Rock, Fighting and Steel, which are all useful types.
Ditto (without Imposter) - Terrible stats and a move pool of 1. You have to waste a turn to do anything, meaning Ditto's bad HP, Defense and Special Defense easily lead to it's defeat. However, make sure you use a non-Dream World Ditto, since Imposter cause instant transformation, meaning you could end up with something useful.
Egg - Egg cannot be used in Battle. Ergo, it is the most useless thing to use. Also type less, so you can pair it with any other Pokemon.
Minun/Plulse - Both have pretty subpar stats. Can be used for Baton Pass, to help Regice suddenly be a problem. Maybe. I didn't check which stat boosting moves they have. Use one of these if you can't use Egg.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
newfoundsky said:
Sentret. Sentret. and Sentret. Sentret is terrible.
Adorable though.

OT: Patrat. Purrloin. Woobat.

Those 3 are all inferior vastly to other thing with similar types. To the point where I don't understand their use.

For example, who the hell uses Swoobat over Sigilyph?

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Exius Xavarus said:
Lizardon said:
Shedinja - Only has 1 HP, but is immune to Super Effective hits. While I think it's a cool Pokemon, he's practically useless in battle. You'd have to "evolve" a Nincada to get him though.
If I recall correctly, Shedinja is actually immune to everything except Super Effective attacks. I used to use Shedinja, he's actually quite useful against anyone without something strong against a bug/ghost.

I'm going to agree with anyone saying Sentret. Sentret's pretty worthless.
Whoops yeah your totally right, that was a typo on my part.

The thing is, he can be damaged by Flying, Rock, Ghost, Fire and Dark. That's about a third of the types in the game, so the chances of an opponent knowing one is pretty high. Shedinja will also be killed by being poisoned, burnt, confusion damage, Spikes, Stone Edge, Leech Seed, Future Sight, the abilities Mold Breaker, Rough Skin or Iron Barbs, Sandstorm and Hail. And the final nail in it's coffin is it's rather poor stats. While it's poor defence is unimportant, it's low speed means it will probably be killed before it can land a hit if the opponent can damage it.

Again I really like Shedinja, I think it's awesome. It's just he requires a lot of team support and luck to survive in battle.