shewolf51 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
shewolf51 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
shewolf51 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
shewolf51 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
oh lord. Herve Caen is at it again. if you guys thought bobby Kotick was bad, meet the master of jackassery Herve Caen. he invented the formula bobby kotick uses today.
I am suddenly extremely terrified.
he was the one who sold out fallout to be an explosion filled halo wannabe. he put the final bullet in the head of fallout and black isle in a demonstration of greed.
I-wha-bu-....

yes. he was the one who allowed fallout: BOS to be made. that alone is a crime against humanity.
This man must die. Ready the gatling guns.
me or herve caen? or allowed that abomination to leave the idea room?
Herve Caen. And while I'm at it, might as well remove Kotick from the gaming industry.
did i mention he cancelled fallout 3 to make fallout: BOS?

Which is a shame. Black Isle created 'Fallout' and Snowblind Studios created 'Baulder's Gate: Dark Alliance' (the engine used in Fallout:BOS came from this game). So if they where going to do a BG:DA knock-off in the Fallout universe, they'd have Black Isle or Snowblind do it, right?

Nope.

And that's just how stupid they where. The concept of 'Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel' could have been fun, but you needed to have the right people behind it.

UnravThreads

Aug 10, 2009
sturryz said:
Now Now, this is just interplay getting back up. If they do well we might see a bright future ahead of them. Best to do right now is to buy their old games and their new intill they can get back on their feet.
And how would that benefit them? Most of their older products (especially the bigger ones) are now owned by other companies - Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale by Atari, Fallout by Bethesda and so forth, or the amount of money they'd get from sales via outlets like Gog.com would be tiny.

Interplay really need to just... go. Since Brian Fargo left, they just fell apart. The Vault page on Hervé Caen, CEO of Interplay [http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Herv%C3%A9_Caen]. He's almost as bad as bloody Kotick.

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
Any plans to revive the Freespace franchise?

Skizle

Feb 12, 2009
Remake Rock N Roll Racing for gods sake...or does Blizzard still own the rights to it?

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
HURRAY NECROMANCY !!!

HE IS ALIVE !!! Interplay is back, i just hope it will release more RPG games like it used to deliver back then...

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
It's a step back in the right direction...

I sense a lot of hatred for Herve Caen and rightfully so but, hey, give'em a chance and let's see where this train wreck goes.

He has no trump cards left with the state Interplay is currently in, he may have to really turn it out.

I remember Titus Interactive... they only had one good game, Titus the Fox on the Amiga, their stupid mascot. I'm proud to say (ashamed?) that I have their questionable RoboCop game for Xbox. Yeah its a piece of shit but I'm a big RoboCop fan and that makes it a notable piece of shit in the long run.

robinkom

Jan 8, 2009
Dexter111 said:
Quiet Stranger said:
Of the good things I've heard about FO1 and 2, I hope Bethesda hire them to help make FO 4
Interplay is just a publisher (you know the guys that give money and put up a contract with a developer to make games), the remnants of the company that made Fallout 1+2 are already working on Fallout: New Vegas (Obsidian Entertainment).

Although Interplay has proven that it has a keen sense of talent (at least in the past), they are the ones that made Bioware and Blizzard big with Black Isle Studios a third (unfortunately they went bankrupt and what remained is now Obsidian) in the first place by publishing their first games (like Baldur's Gate, MDK Series, Blackthorne, Lost Vikings, WarCraft I, Rock'N'Roll Racing, Planescape Torment, Icewind Dale Series) and giving them the freedom and finances they needed.

They also head other great titles, among them: Carmageddon, the Descent Series, Cyberia, Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Judgment Rites etc.

After going public in 1998 with shares being sold on the stockmarket they had a few games that didn't sell that well and reported a lot of losses till they got bought out (majority shares) by "Titus Interactive" and had their titles published by Vivendi at some point with a lot of the Interplay heads (and it's founder) leaving the company at that time.
The CEO of the now defunct "Titus Interactive" is unfortunately now the new CEO of Interplay (Herve Caen).
All true. But I have to wonder at this junction... what ever happened to all the source material for the "Van Buren" prototype? (That's the real unfinished Fallout 3 for the uninitiated) I mean is Herve still sitting on top of it? Did it go with the guys to Obsidian? Was it just all erased from existence? I'm hoping the Fallout MMO, if it even materializes, will take the form of Fallout 1 and 2 with the top-down isometric view. I'd like to see Mr. Caen not fuck up for once, just once.