New Deus Ex Gameplay Trailer Shows Adam in Action

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Deus Ex Gameplay Trailer Shows Adam in Action

Adam Jensen is an augmented wrecking machine in the new Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Pc/dp/B002I0HKRQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290106142&sr=8-1] gameplay video that shows off combat, hacking and one hot-looking game world.

One of the big attractions of the original Deus Ex [http://www.amazon.com/Deus-Ex-Pc/dp/B00003OPES/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1290106161&sr=8-5] was the ability to approach problems from a variety of angles. You could go at enemies with everything from a gussied-up cattle prod to a rocket launcher; you could kick down the front door or sneak in through the back; you could kill everything you saw, or come and go almost entirely unseen yourself. Based on the just-released gameplay trailer for the upcoming Deus Ex: Human Revolution, it appears that choice is going to feature prominently in the new game as well.

Check out the trailer here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2467-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Gameplay-Trailer]

The new trailer shows lead character Adam Jensen shooting, stabbing and punching everything he sees, but also taking a more subtle approach at times, with a stealth takedown or two and even hacking into a system to turn a security bot against its masters. Several of Jensen's abilities are on display, as is an impressive-looking in-game menu through which players will choose and upgrade those abilities.

It looks like a lot of violent, bloody and very stylish fun, and it's great to see that even in the augmented, advanced world of the future, nothing says housecleaning like a good old-fashioned revolver. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is scheduled to launch on March 8, 2011, for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Crimsane

Apr 11, 2009
What the fuck? I want that sniper-laser weapon that shoots right through cover.

Although, I foresee an annoying stealth bit where all the enemies have those, and if you make one mistake you die. >.>

May 5, 2010
The ONE flaw I saw in the trailer is that ugly-ass animation when you access a computer, where the on-screen image just stretches and gets all pixelated. Other then that, this game just looks FUN to me, as well as having a lot of depth. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=276592

CVG Q&A with one of the developers concerning the trailer.

Can't wait.

Frozen Donkey Wheel2 said:
The ONE flaw I saw in the trailer is that ugly-ass animation when you access a computer, where the on-screen image just stretches and gets all pixelated. Other then that, this game just looks FUN to me, as well as having a lot of depth. I'll definitely keep my eye on this one.
The engine looks to be the same version they were using in the pre-alpha demonstrations at the last couple of conventions; I wouldn't worry.

Orthon

Mar 28, 2009
I really need to play the first Deus Ex. I really, really do.

But no, instead I keep on hyping this game without even having played its predecessor.

Stupid game that looks great and probably is.

ArtellTheWanderer

Oct 13, 2010
Reminds me a lot of Shadowrun (the role-playing system and the SNES/Genesis games, not the crappy knock-off multiplatform shooter). Looks bitchin'.

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
Trailer looks good, but I stand by my opinion of it going to suck...
I don't want my heart broken again...<.<

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
I'm liking it mostly but all that orange tinting could get annoying if it is persistent throughout the game. Also I hate his Clint Eastwood impersonation.

tehroc

Jul 6, 2009
Orthon said:
I really need to play the first Deus Ex. I really, really do.

But no, instead I keep on hyping this game without even having played its predecessor.

Stupid game that looks great and probably is.
If it helps, I do believe this is a prequel.