New Deus Ex Gameplay Trailer Shows Adam in Action

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So they really ARE going with this whole sepia colour scheme I see.
I was hoping it was a cruel trick.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Well... *puts money into a draw* That'll stay there until this game comes out.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
AC10 said:
The future's bright... The future's orange.

Don't kill me...

LTK_70

Aug 28, 2009
They just took the security system right out of the first Deus Ex! Didn't anybody else notice that? Taking out green-lighted cameras with EMP grenades, turning bots on enemies by hacking security computers, it's 100% old school. They are even lifting heavy boxes by using augmented strength!

Somehow that doesn't seem like a bad thing at all, considering that Deus Ex turned out so well.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
Great, it's now actually start looking like a DX game. I am somewhat relieved. Now if they can just sort out that "hands free dragging" animation, we'll be pretty much all set.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Jaranja said:
AC10 said:
The future's bright... The future's orange.

Don't kill me...
lol I actually had to look up what you were referencing. We didn't have those ads over here in ol' Canada. Anyways, good one :D

LostProxy

Dec 4, 2009
ArtellTheWanderer said:
Reminds me a lot of Shadowrun (the role-playing system and the SNES/Genesis games, not the crappy knock-off multiplatform shooter). Looks bitchin'.
The fact that you know what shadowrun is makes me so happy lol.

I tried playing the first Deus Ex but it makes my eyes hurt, a problem I have with most old 3D games. It's probably why the only old games that I play are 8 bit.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
I really hope they port it to the PC well. Having to go into a menu every time you want to use an item? You console people put up with that? Wow. Thank you hot-keys.

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
Looks like it's mixing first and third person views... I was just thinking about this.

First person view is pretty much the best view for shooting. You never have to worry about bad camera angles, because *you* are the camera.

But it's not really the best choice for jump puzzles, stealth, vehicles, or melee combat. Sure, it can work, but third person generally works so much better (unless the in-game camera is really, really awful). If a game features a lot of these sorts of elements, it's generally a stronger game by going the third person route.

If the new Deus Ex game can pull off the trick Jedi Knight used so many years ago (first person shooting, third-person saber) but with much deeper game-play, this could seriously be a great game. Cautiously optimistic about this one, but it looks like the first proper sequel to Deus Ex.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
manythings said:
I'm liking it mostly but all that orange tinting could get annoying if it is persistent throughout the game. Also I hate his Clint Eastwood impersonation.
You know he actually sounds exactly the same as Timothy Olyphant in the Hitman movie. I dunno if he was doing a Clint Eastwood impersonation but they sound exactly the same (I even thought it was him).

s0m3th1ng said:
I really hope they port it to the PC well. Having to go into a menu every time you want to use an item? You console people put up with that? Wow. Thank you hot-keys.
If you go to gametrailers.com, go to the game's page and look at interviews there's one with an artist who talks a little about the PC version.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
Check out the trailer here. [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/trailers/2468-Lord-of-the-Rings-War-in-the-North]
Am I going fucking mental here?, everyones going on about how this Deus Ex looks amazing, but I'm getting Lord of the Rings?

Whats going on?, is the entire population of this news article including Andy Chalk trolling me or something?

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
s0m3th1ng said:
Being a PC-to-console convert, I miss the hot-keys, but I don't miss having to figure out how to map a dozen or more essential hot-keys (the Crytech guys always gave me fits). The original Deus Ex wasn't a balls-to-the-wall shooter, so I think the pacing will be perfectly fine for console radial wheels... even if they don't pause the action during item selection.

s0m3th1ng

Aug 29, 2010
Netrigan said:
s0m3th1ng said:
Being a PC-to-console convert, I miss the hot-keys, but I don't miss having to figure out how to map a dozen or more essential hot-keys (the Crytech guys always gave me fits). The original Deus Ex wasn't a balls-to-the-wall shooter, so I think the pacing will be perfectly fine for console radial wheels... even if they don't pause the action during item selection.
Problem is it ruins immersion when you have to go into a game-pausing item menu and individually select what you want to use so often. A radial menu I could see..but what I saw in this trailer wasn't that.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
s0m3th1ng said:
We do perfectly fine actually, don't do that whole PC has a better interface crap, we don't care, and its not so bad on consoles that the games are unplayable or unbearable.

your argument is like someone who carries his wallet in his hand at all times and wonders why us trouser wearing people have to delve into our pockets to get our wallets, trousers are a an unintuitive interface for having to buy shit I'm sure but I'm willing to put up such arbitrary nonsense like having to stop and pull my wallet out of a pocket in order to buy stuff because I like pockets.

There you go Mr PC user, consoles = pockets on trousers (or pants, if your a Northern American).
PC's = wallets in your hand and you can buy stuff quicker than us!