Serious Sam 3 Ready to Tan in Summer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Serious Sam 3 Ready to Tan in Summer

Croteam is preparing Serious Sam for another encounter in the summertime.

Can we get serious for a moment? No? Sorry, but you'll have no choice when the summertime rolls around and the most serious franchise that isn't serious at all launches a brand new title. Croteam has announced that Serious Sam 3 will hopefully be out in summer 2011.

"Just a quick note to let all Serious Sam fans know that Serious Sam 3: BFE is coming this summer 2011," Croteam CEO Roman Ribaric wrote on the company website. "Official announcement will be released soon." The "BFE" acronym is currently a mystery.

Croteam's Duke Nukem [http://www.amazon.com/Serious-Sam-2-Pc/dp/B000BCICVG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1297555121&sr=8-3], part blow the crap out of hundreds of enemies at a time, and it's always looked gorgeous thanks to Croteam's Serious Engine.

The Serious Sam games have a simple gameplay style, but they're really fun. Players try to save the planet by engaging in some of the most hectic battles of any shooter, using parrot bombs and gatling shotguns. At times, you may find yourself rewarded for playing basketball. I'm not joking.

No details on gameplay have been provided yet, but Serious Sam 3 will likely make those battles even crazier with Croteam's Serious Engine 3. Trying to survive will definitely be a serious matter.

Sn1P3r M98

May 30, 2010
That pic of the spiders kept me from reading the top half of the article. *shivers*

But anyways, I'm excited for Serious Sam 3. There's so damned many games I want to get this year.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
BFE = Big Fucking Everything?

Anyway, SS 1 was extremely fun, SS 2 - not so much. We'll see.

Looks like the 'silly, fun shooters' are prepared for a full scale assault (Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, now this).

Big Phil

May 4, 2010
Great. Here comes the sequel to the game that is the best solution to relax your mind.

Fenring

Sep 5, 2008
Loving TSE right now, even if it is going on a bit long, but hopefully I'll be ready for some more come Summer.

Reveras

Nov 9, 2009
YEEES, the anti-realism-bloodsplatter-on-face year is here! This is gonna be amazing between Bulletstorm, Duke and Serious Sam.

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem and Serious Sam? I don't think the world can take that amount of seriousness.

I am calling it. 2011 will be the year of the arcade shooter.

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Why do all the great arcade shooter franchises, and a new one, have to come out in the same year when we had to wait like 5 years for them??
I'm looking more forward to this than bulletstorm, but I DNF is unbeatable.

Squidwogdog

Jul 8, 2009
Of the trio I've only played serious sam and the bulletstorm demo, loved them. Going to buy both if i can spare the cash

Firetaffer

May 9, 2010
Novs said:
Yossarian1507 said:
BFE = Big Fucking Everything?

Anyway, SS 1 was extremely fun, SS 2 - not so much. We'll see.

Looks like the 'silly, fun shooters' are prepared for a full scale assault (Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, now this).
Finnally.

Im tired of COD and Team Fortress.

UT3 is pretty dead.
Fun fact, UT1 is more populated than UT2k4 and UT3 combined :D.

However this year is going to rock with all these blast em up games.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Im... cautiously optimistic, serious sam 2 wasnt that fantastic, wasnt bad just couldnt hold a candle to serious sam and the 2nd encounter

Arkhangelsk

Mar 1, 2009
Wait. Duke Nukem Forever is in the works, Bulletstorm is coming soon, the next Painkiller is in development, and now Serious Sam 3 is coming? Holy shit, these be awesome times ahead.