Serious Sam 3 Ready to Tan in Summer

Blue Musician

Mar 23, 2010
Broken Orange said:
Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem and Serious Sam? I don't think the world can take that amount of seriousness.

I am calling it. 2011 will be the year of the arcade shooter.
It will be a very serious gaming year for sure!

OTu: I'm seriously serious about this serious piece of serious gaming.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
glad to see the series didn't die off yet i may pre-order it when it has a more set release date

Chainsaw_Chuck

Dec 7, 2010
Dawkter said:
Yossarian1507 said:
BFE = Big Fucking Everything?

Anyway, SS 1 was extremely fun, SS 2 - not so much. We'll see.

Looks like the 'silly, fun shooters' are prepared for a full scale assault (Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, now this).
Which Serious Sam 2 are you talking about; The Second Encounter or Serious Sam 2? Because SS2 sucked, but TSE was amazing.

BFE=Before Fourth Encounter?
OR BIG FUCKING ENCOUNTER!

I'm kidding, it's probably more like Big Fucking Ending if anything.

Apr 28, 2008
Oh goodie. Another game I want to buy. And when I have no money too. Damn. Well, better find the funds, I love the Serious Sam games. Hopefully the combined forces of Duke Nukem and Serious Sam will be enough to give the arcade shooter genre the shot of adrenalin it needs.

Tom Goldman said:
The Rascal King said:
Awesome, but could you stop with the stupid "serious" puns? Seriously.
NO
Come on, he's super serial!

-Samurai-

Oct 8, 2009
Tom Goldman said:
The Rascal King said:
Awesome, but could you stop with the stupid "serious" puns? Seriously.
NO
Please no low content posts.
[small]Jk Jk. Please don't hurt me![/small]

OT: I really enjoyed The Second Encounter. It's my favorite out of the series, and only gets better when you add more people. I can still hear the screams of the headless kamikaze in my sleep.
[small]aaaaa[/small]aaaaAAAAAAHHHHHH!

If this game retains its simple style, it'll be great.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Broken Orange said:
Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem and Serious Sam? I don't think the world can take that amount of seriousness.

I am calling it. 2011 will be the year of the arcade shooter.
Now all we need is the new Painkiller game not to suck and maybe TimeSplitters 4 and we'll be on overload.

The Real Sandman

Oct 12, 2009
Bulletstorm?

Duke Nukem Forever?

Earth Defence Force: Insect Armageddon?

And now Serious Sam 3?

Are "Fun Shooters" FINALLY making a come back?

2011 says... "Maybe".

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
BFE...Before First Encounter?

Also, AAAGGGGHHH. I really like Serious Sam games but COME ON! There's too many FPS's this year. TOO MANY!

Brink (which i pre ordered)
Bulletstorm
Battlefield
Bodycount
Barkness 2
Berious Bam
Balo: Bombat Bebolved (bemake)
Bysis 2
Billzone 3
Bomefront
Buke Nukem Borever

Bits bust boo buch bor bonly bone b-ear!

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
YEESSSS!!! I've been seriously playing Serious Sam since I bought it for $3 on Steam and I haven't stopped playing it. Easily one of the best shooters I've ever played (both HD and Classic versions are epic).

First Brink, then Duke Nukem Forever and now this. I only need to hear that Guild Wars 2 is coming this year and I'll be seriously happy.

Digikid

Dec 29, 2007
Awesome! The Serious Sam games are Seriously Awesome!!!

Between this and Bulletstorm this is gonna be Serious fun!!!!

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
Dawkter said:
Yossarian1507 said:
BFE = Big Fucking Everything?

Anyway, SS 1 was extremely fun, SS 2 - not so much. We'll see.

Looks like the 'silly, fun shooters' are prepared for a full scale assault (Bulletstorm, Duke Nukem Forever, now this).
Which Serious Sam 2 are you talking about; The Second Encounter or Serious Sam 2? Because SS2 sucked, but TSE was amazing.

BFE=Before Fourth Encounter?
Yeah, I meant Serious Sam 2. I considered TSE as an expansion pack rather than 'sequel'. For the record I thought that TSE kicked just as much asses as the first one.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
BFE: Beyond Forever would be my guess. Sure the E is part of a word and not the first letter...but logic is unimportant! Or Beyond First Encounter. Dunno, the B seems like a Beyond to me. It's got that look.

Also, yay! Serious Sam games have always been mindless fun, which is a huge contrast to current games. SS2 disappointed me (only game I've ever returned, btw), but I'm still interested.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
Have the game companies finally started listening to yahtzee? He has been positively reviewing every cathartic shooter that has come his way, and had an entire article of DNF anticipation.