FindMakarov Unleashes Live Action Modern Warfare Trailer

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
FindMakarov Unleashes Live Action Modern Warfare Trailer

The mysterious "FindMakarov" website has revealed a very realistic Modern Warfare short film.

Just in case you need to catch up, a website recently popped up called "FindMakarov.com" that had an aesthetic similar to fan film [http://www.amazon.com/Call-Duty-Modern-Warfare-2-Pc/dp/B00269QLJ2]. The fan film prediction has panned out, because that's what we're now linked to upon visiting the website.

It's a really good fan film too, recreating scenes from the Modern Warfare titles in real locations using real-life actors. What makes the film intriguing is that it does this from a first-person view, exactly how the scenes would appear in the games.

There's a scene from a Modern Warfare training level, a bunch of close-up headshots, and a segment with Lieutenant General Shepherd being a royal jerk and stabbing the viewer in the neck. Fan-favorite Simon "Ghost" Riley also makes a brief appearance.

The short film was created by Toronto's We Can Pretend [http://www.wecanpretend.com/], a "creative collective" that says it strives to "create interactive spectacles and enhance human connectivity through digital media." I don't know what that means, but I'd say it's probably done that with this Modern Warfare trailer, right?

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
That was pretty good. I remember some guy making short films out of segments of Modern Warfare gameplay. Unrelated, but equally awesome, and I will post them if I can find them again.

katsumoto03

Feb 24, 2010
theSovietConnection said:
That was pretty good. I remember some guy making short films out of segments of Modern Warfare gameplay. Unrelated, but equally awesome, and I will post them if I can find them again.
You mean this?

Very well made film. Definitely worthy of the first Modern Warfare game, and far better than the second.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
So its a trailer to a film which is going to be exactly like the game, show all the game segments, the same story, and the same characters, without the gameplay.

No offense here, but what's the point? Just watch a lets play of COD. I don't mean to belittle the work they put into it, as it looks amazing for a fan film, but they should deviate a little bit

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Wow, this mod makes the game look so realistic. Oh wait...

Although, yes, they did a good job with the characters and sets, exactly like the game

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
katsumoto03 said:
theSovietConnection said:
You mean this?

Very well made film. Definitely worthy of the first Modern Warfare game, and far better than the second.
Awesome as that was, no. This is the one I was thinking of

The guy does a couple more for the first Modern Warfare as well.

AwesomePeanutz

Aug 17, 2010
dogstile said:
So its a trailer to a film which is going to be exactly like the game, show all the game segments, the same story, and the same characters, without the gameplay.

No offense here, but what's the point? Just watch a lets play of COD. I don't mean to belittle the work they put into it, as it looks amazing for a fan film, but they should deviate a little bit
I doubt it's a trailer for a FILM. The "trailer" itself is a fan-made short film acting as sort of a triler for MW3.

MindBullets

Apr 5, 2008
Accents sucked. Everything else? God damn epic.

Still, can't shake the feeling that this is actually Activison's own viral campaign for MW3. Or, at least, they will let this be so it can generate hype for the game.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
AwesomePeanutz said:
dogstile said:

I doubt it's a trailer for a FILM. The "trailer" itself is a fan-made short film acting as sort of a triler for MW3.
Ah, yeah, that does make more sense.

BAH, my mind is scrambled tonight

The Zango

Resident stoner and Yognaught
Apr 30, 2009
Yes yes yes yes yes! I am definitely keeping an eye out for this. I wonder if this could be an ingenious ploy by Activision to get hype up for Modern warfare 3... Wait, it cant be right, I said Activision, not one of the companies that does interesting things :/

Still, at least they aren't EA.