FindMakarov Unleashes Live Action Modern Warfare Trailer

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
The production value, i.e set cost, costumes, seems too high for this to not be officially made with backing from Activision.

If this is a trailer for MW3 color me impressed. If this is a trailer to a fan made feature length movie, i would cream my pants. They can even fit all of MW2 into the movie with very few editing :p since it was about as long as a 2 hour movie

also, y haven't anyone just straight up adapt the actual game into a movie? I mean if the whole movie was done in First person it wouldnt be a bad idea, Blair witch, Cloverfield did a pretty good job. If they made a Halo Movie all First person i would jump for joy!

ActionDan

Jun 29, 2009
I really hope this is a joke. This is...incredibly sad. It's like someone making a fan film about World of Warcraft. Call of Duty really, REALLY needs to just stop. It's getting way out of hand.

MrDarkling

Crumpled Ball of Paper
Oct 11, 2009
Hmmm this is good for fan film :)
But I think I prefer Freddie Wong's COD videos better.

Fox242

El Zorro Cauto
Nov 9, 2009
I love the play on Shepherd's words by the "Soap" MacTavish actor at the end. "Let's write some history." Great stuff. I hope Modern Warfare 3 will be as awesome as this.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
I was gonna nitpick that shepard couldn't promote soap because, you kow, differant armies.

BUT THEN..

Holy shit did you see that drop into Moscow?

Saucycarpdog

Sep 30, 2009
theSovietConnection said:
katsumoto03 said:
theSovietConnection said:
That was pretty good. I remember some guy making short films out of segments of Modern Warfare gameplay. Unrelated, but equally awesome, and I will post them if I can find them again.
You mean this?

Very well made film. Definitely worthy of the first Modern Warfare game, and far better than the second.
Awesome as that was, no. This is the one I was thinking of

The guy does a couple more for the first Modern Warfare as well.
What about the frozen crossing series?

Kadoodle

Nov 2, 2010
Wow, those sets looked just like the in game locations, I don't know how they did it. And those special effects were gorgeous; they must have taken thousands to pull them off.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
dogstile said:
So its a trailer to a film which is going to be exactly like the game, show all the game segments, the same story, and the same characters, without the gameplay.

No offense here, but what's the point? Just watch a lets play of COD. I don't mean to belittle the work they put into it, as it looks amazing for a fan film, but they should deviate a little bit
You didn't pay attention to the ending, did you?

If they do make it into something, it's them showing off their skills then leading into something that takes place after Modern Warfare 2. "Find Makarov. End the war." And then they dive from the helicopter into Russia while the US is counter attacking.

Me? I think it's fucking FANTASTIC. I've never been more impressed by a fan film. I hope either they really make it into something or, better yet, Infinity Ward takes this as inspiration for a sequel.

Colonel Alzheimer's

Jan 3, 2010
Totally awesome, but I don't know what the point of copying scenes from the games is. Hopefully the full thing will feature a lot more original footage, because if that ending was any indication, they certainly have a lot of awesome ideas.

tomme69

Dec 13, 2009
This is very very well done , but of all the games to make a live action short of . . .

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
the clockmaker said:
I was gonna nitpick that shepard couldn't promote soap because, you kow, differant armies.

BUT THEN..

Ordinarily, a US General wouldn't be able to promote a British squaddie, no.
BUT - don't forget that Shepherd is commander of TF141, which Soap becomes a captain of.
Different nationalities, different armies, same Task Force.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
Lt_Bromhead said:
the clockmaker said:

BUT THEN..

BUT - don't forget that Shepherd is commander of TF141, which Soap becomes a captain of.
I always thought that he was on secondment to TF141, kind of like how special forces task groups work now. Because i think the law frowns upon serving in another nation's military. Only the gurhkas really get away with it.

Lt_Bromhead

Dec 14, 2008
the clockmaker said:
Lt_Bromhead said:
the clockmaker said:

BUT THEN..

I always thought that he was on secondment to TF141, kind of like how special forces task groups work now. Because i think the law frowns upon serving in another nation's military. Only the gurhkas really get away with it.
Could still work.
For example, if you're in the SAS - you're still technically in your original regiment and retain your regimental rank and pay. I assume TF141 is designed to work in the same way; Soap is a TF141 Captain, and an SAS sergeant (I can only guess - we don't know what rank he is in the SAS by now, and we don't know what his original regiment is either).
Think of both armies as being separate really.

And as for the "serving in foreign militaries" bit - don't forget that TF141 is fictional.

the clockmaker

Jun 11, 2010
Lt_Bromhead said:
the clockmaker said:
Lt_Bromhead said:
the clockmaker said:

BUT THEN..

Could still work.
For example, if you're in the SAS - you're still technically in your original regiment and retain your regimental rank and pay. I assume TF141 is designed to work in the same way; Soap is a TF141 Captain, and an SAS sergeant (I can only guess - we don't know what rank he is in the SAS by now, and we don't know what his original regiment is either).
Think of both armies as being separate really.

And as for the "serving in foreign militaries" bit - don't forget that TF141 is fictional.
Well yeah, it is fictional, that is why I said I was going to pick on it right up until the moscow drop. Any unrealistic element can just be ignored because, HOLY SHIT!