Arrival Pops Up in Dragon Age 2 Unboxing

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Arrival Pops Up in Dragon Age 2 Unboxing

It would appear that the unannounced Arrival DLC for Dragon Age 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-2-Pc/dp/B001VJ4DHK/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1299259587&sr=8-3] unboxing.

Arrival slipped out [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/107918-Mass-Effect-2-Patch-on-PS3-Reveals-New-DLC] back in February thanks to a BioWare forum user who noticed that a patch for the PlayStation 3 version of Mass Effect 2 added three new trophies for a previously-unknown DLC pack. One of the Arrival trophies mentioned Dr. Amanda Kenson, a scientist mentioned in Mass Effect 2's Cerberus news feed who claimed that the ancient mass effect relays were actually even older than anyone suspected; there was some lively debate about what it meant but it seemed pretty clear that Arrival is the long-awaited DLC that would bridge the gap between Mass Effect 2 and 3, and herald some seriously bad news for Earth.

That's apparently now been confirmed, unofficially at least, thanks to a Dragon Age 2 unboxing video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWxD1xomMbU] that revealed an insert bearing the famous N7 logo and an ominous warning that "The Arrival Has Begun." In case that wasn't dire enough, the image in the background appears to be a planet, as seen from space, that's on fire. At this point it's awfully hard to deny that what we're seeing here isn't the first step toward the big finish.

BioWare [http://www.bioware.com] has thus far stayed mum on the whole thing so we have no idea when Arrival will actually arrive, but while the original leak may have been a mistake, packing an advertisement into a game that's just days from release is no accident. In other words, the official word from on high should be coming down soon. We'll keep you posted.

Source: Strategy Informer [http://www.strategyinformer.com/news/11294/dragon-age-ii-unboxing-reveals-mass-effect-3-arrival-dlc]

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
You may ask: Mattttherman3, what game do you want to play the most before you die? And I would say: Mass Effect 3.

Note that I am not actually dying

Art Axiv

Cultural Code-Switcher
Dec 25, 2008
Does it really have to be DLC? Couldn't it be in the storyline of ME3?
Damn..

Also, there is a typo in the title. Quite obvious one ;)

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
And only today did I uninstall this (Steam download aswell). Talk about bad timing. Time to get downloading!

Broken Orange

God Among Men
Apr 14, 2009
This may or may not be relevenlent to the topic, but in the box of Dragon Age: Awakening, there is a small insert of a red dragon and the date "2.1.2011". If you ask me, I think this is just an teaser for ME3 and the wording is just Bioware trolling, just like the DA:A insert was a teaser for DA2.

Of cource, they were a month early in their estimation, but that dosn't matter for my two cents on the matter.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Shouldn't this be in the actual game? I don't buy DLC. I feel like I'm being shafted on having a major plot point not be in one of the 3 games' storyline.

SomebodyNowhere

Dec 9, 2009
I have yet to play back through the Mass Effect games since a hard drive death last year, but hopefully(between the many other games that are coming out) I can find the time to get caught back up so I can play this before 3 is released.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
NoseDigger said:
And only today did I uninstall this (Steam download aswell). Talk about bad timing. Time to get downloading!
Arrival isn't due till November (I think) since it is a pre-ME3 DLC.

RedEyesBlackGamer said:
Shouldn't this be in the actual game? I don't buy DLC. I feel like I'm being shafted on having a major plot point not be in one of the 3 games' storyline.
If it was in ME2 it would've blown the lid early. Not to mention we don't actually know anything.

NoseDigger

Aug 25, 2009
manythings said:
NoseDigger said:
Might as well do it now. Helps to be prepared.

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
I wouldn't call this a major plot point. We already know the Reapers are invading Earth, so there's probably not going to be some massive story twist. I'm betting on Arrival being an "escape" scenario, with Shepard being on Earth, maybe alone but maybe not, and being ordered to get off planet and get help.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
I cant look at flaming planets without thinking 'Halo Reach' anymore :L
Still looks good.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
RedEyesBlackGamer said:
You get to decide what's more important: "I don't buy DLC" or "I want all the content that's available for the game." Seems pretty fair to me.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
manythings said:
NoseDigger said:
It hasn't been dated at all. But Kasumi, Overlord, and Shadow Broker were all released around a month after they were announced. I'll take this insert as an official announcement, so maybe we'll be playing Arrival next month.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Mr. Moonshine said:
I remember the days when I could buy a game and play it, not buy a disk and pay to download the game.
No, no, no...

The line goes "I remember the days when added content was free. They called it a patch/game update."

Or something along those lines.