76 kills in one minute.......are COD spawns really this bad?

Inglorious891

Dec 17, 2011
Anybody else remember the Black Ops video where one team was spawn traped and one guy got 250+ kills (I don't remember exactly)?

Yeah... shit like this doesn't exactly surprise me.

Devil's Due

Sep 27, 2008
Yeah, in MW3 this happened to my team once. A guy got around 10 kills after he bottlenecked us into a spawn point on that one huge construction level, with the downed black hawk that you can shoot the turret from. The only reason we were able to stop it was that his gun took too long to reload. Soon his entire team tired to do it.

They need to fix the spawn points. Badly.

Heck, if there's an enemy near all the spawn points, why not just divide the numbers up? Say instead of having all 8 members spawn on X, have 2 spawn on A, 2 on B, 2 on C, and 2 on D? Etc, so that way at least one spawn point has a chance to fight back.

McNinja

Sep 21, 2008
Spawns in CoD MW3 are perhaps the worst in any game I have ever seen. I've gotten hit by missiles not one second after spawning. I've spawned in peoples LOS, so they just shoot me before I can do anything. I've had people spawn not a foot in front of me. I've spawned around corners form people, spawned on grenades, and spawned dead spawned (someone fired a weapon in the direction of my spawn, so literally the nanosecond I spawn I die).

I find this entirely plausible that the single worst spawn system in any game I have ever played (worse than Halo: Reach's system) is able to be so thoroughly exploited.

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
Well... it's Activision. I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally left it like that to generate attention and make a few people feel like they're winning a lot.

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
And that's why there should be multiple randomly activating spawns all over the map.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
Yeah, I recently got MW3 for my birthday a few days ago and I've noticed (despite what they claimed before the game came out), that the map design and spawns in this were just unacceptably bad. It was the first CoD game where I straight up do not like the multiplayer. But I think the worst insult to injury was that the last game in the series, Black Ops, pretty much completely fixed a good majority of the things that are ass backwards in this game.

Boosting in Free for all, the spawning system in most game types, the perk set up, the killstreaks, they all generally worked. My only guess is that there's some sort of inner company feud between the two lead developing teams in which they all try to avoid any major advancements made in each others games. A sort of 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of deal.

I'm going to give it a few days and I'll reach the end of the first leveling prestige, and if it remains terrible I'm gonna give it back. I made a deal to myself to figure out if the heart aches and raised voices that come out of my mouth are worth playing the game for the occasional shining moment that appears less and less with each iteration (Though I really think that Black Ops did a good job, yet the theater mode made it lag a bit too much)

weker

May 27, 2009
geK0 said:
Metal Gear Online had a good way to solve this. Players were invulnerable after spawn for about 5 seconds or until they fired their weapon; attempting to spawn camp was a good way to get killed.
Loads of games have spawn killing prevention methods, like large spawn areas that the enemy can't get too, or temporary invulnerability, but alas CoD being the badly made series it is, fails to use any prevention method.

MrBenSampson

Oct 8, 2011
On multiple occasions, I saw myself die twice in the same kill-cam. That's one of the reasons why I haven't played CoD in years.

Jun 11, 2008
Call of Duty has always had shit spawns but spawn killers who abuse the spawn system are the lowest of the low and I really wish anyone who spawn kills knowingly and for no reason should be banned on the spot. You can say don't hate the player hate the game but spawn killing can empty servers it is in a league of its own from "noob" shit.

I know the noob stuff like 40mils and knife classes can be abused in games like but as I just spawn killing is really in a league of its own and is probably the greatest sin one can commit in an online FPS.

It does happen in small degrees in other games like TF 2 and BF games but no where near the scale in CoD games.

Jun 11, 2008
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
MW3 has shit spawns. I thought this was common gamer knowledge.

Glademaster said:
Call of Duty has always had shit spawns but spawn killers who abuse the spawn system are the lowest of the low and I really wish anyone who spawn kills knowingly and for no reason should be banned on the spot. You can say don't hate the player hate the game but spawn killing can empty servers it is in a league of its own from "noob" shit.

I know the noob stuff like 40mils and knife classes can be abused in games like but as I just spawn killing is really in a league of its own and is probably the greatest sin one can commit in an online FPS.

It does happen in small degrees in other games like TF 2 and BF games but no where near the scale in CoD games.
Dude, I have played every COD game from the first (apart from 3 and the PS2 exclusive ones) and I have never, NEVER seen spawn rape as bad as in the video the OP posted. This is a MW3 thing, not a COD thing. Besides, if you had actually watched the video, you would have seen the part where he zooms around the map to show there were something like 2 or 3 other spawn points completely free and unwatched. Thats not intentional spawn killing or taking advantage of the games faults.
Yes that's nice and I have also put well over 1,500 hours into CoD from 1 and the spawn system has always been shite. It was never anywhere near good. While the problem may be woefully exacerbated in the video to the point where it is nigh on ridiculous and it may very well be worse than others in MW 3 but CoD has never ever ever ever been known for having an any way decent spawn system. That has been a common problem with all the games.

Jun 11, 2008
Glademaster said:
MW3 has shit spawns. I thought this was common gamer knowledge.

Glademaster said:

Dude, I have played every COD game from the first (apart from 3 and the PS2 exclusive ones) and I have never, NEVER seen spawn rape as bad as in the video the OP posted. This is a MW3 thing, not a COD thing. Besides, if you had actually watched the video, you would have seen the part where he zooms around the map to show there were something like 2 or 3 other spawn points completely free and unwatched. Thats not intentional spawn killing or taking advantage of the games faults.
Yes that's nice and I have also put well over 1,500 hours into CoD from 1 and the spawn system has always been shite. It was never anywhere near good. While the problem may be woefully exacerbated in the video to the point where it is nigh on ridiculous and it may very well be worse than others in MW 3 but CoD has never ever ever ever been known for having an any way decent spawn system. That has been a common problem with all the games.
Of course its always been shit. But its never been anywhere near as shit as in the video.
I never said it used to be that bad though I just said it has always been shit.

F4LL3N

May 2, 2011
JoesshittyOs said:
Yeah, I recently got MW3 for my birthday a few days ago and I've noticed (despite what they claimed before the game came out), that the map design and spawns in this were just unacceptably bad. It was the first CoD game where I straight up do not like the multiplayer. But I think the worst insult to injury was that the last game in the series, Black Ops, pretty much completely fixed a good majority of the things that are ass backwards in this game.

Boosting in Free for all, the spawning system in most game types, the perk set up, the killstreaks, they all generally worked. My only guess is that there's some sort of inner company feud between the two lead developing teams in which they all try to avoid any major advancements made in each others games. A sort of 1 step forward, 2 steps back kind of deal.

I'm going to give it a few days and I'll reach the end of the first leveling prestige, and if it remains terrible I'm gonna give it back. I made a deal to myself to figure out if the heart aches and raised voices that come out of my mouth are worth playing the game for the occasional shining moment that appears less and less with each iteration (Though I really think that Black Ops did a good job, yet the theater mode made it lag a bit too much)
Yay. Somebody with some sense. Black Ops DID fix most of the problems, and MW3 brought them ALL back.

---

I've said this from the start. The maps and spawns suck worse than ever. That's why I've barely played my $150 copy of it.

Varanfan9

Mar 12, 2010
See this is why I prefer Team Fortress 2. You can't get killed in your spawn. Dying right after spawning is one of the reasons I don't play COD.

NinjaOnXTC

Apr 25, 2011
The fact that is was in Demolition means that it was at least slightly per-meditated. CoD is all about map-control, if you control the map then you control the spawns. It's very easy to set up a spawn-trap, especially if the enemy team does not know what to do. The player in that video was 10th prestige with a full squad, going against a team of split-screeners, AFKers and I think one second prestiger, there is no challenge there for a communicating team and such an outcome was predictable. The fact that it was unprecedented is simply because the requirements make such a situation a rare outcome. My current plan is to get the spawn-traps so well known that it becomes the new meta-game for every player, not simply Demolitionists. This would force the game devs to change the structure, as it truly is a monotonous waste of time, especially when you see a 10th prestige person with a 5+ K/D ratio get dominated by a 1.5+ K/Der.

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
He must've gotten so much hate for doing that, even though he was only trying to show the interwebs the exploit. I mean, I can't believe that a game with as much revenue as a COD title can have such a gamebreaking problem.

Don't play it myself, but I hope this gets fixed for those who do.

scorptatious

The Resident Team ICO Fanboy
May 14, 2009
Wow. This actually makes me appreciate the spawn rooms in Team Fortress 2. Sure you can get still spawn camped in that game, but at least there's a door that only opens if you or a teammate approaches it. Giving you a chance to set up an uber with a medic to break through.