8 Christmas Songs You're Already Sick Of

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
I think I can justify adding a Christmas song to the "no more Christmas songs" thread :

Ophiuchus

8 miles high and falling fast
Mar 31, 2008
I'm preeeetty sure Feliz Navidad was only a hit in America, because I'd never even heard of it until this version [https://soundcloud.com/rainbowdragoneyes/feliz-navidad] came out last year.

But yes: I work in retail. We've had our Christmas playlist for a month now and I'm completely sick of everything on it. Especially the four versions of Jingle Bell Rock and the three atrocious versions of Santa Baby. And especially especially that bloody Mariah Carey one, because there's ALWAYS someone who feels the need to screech along to it. Every time. Please, just stop.

In fact, here's the only Christmas song (apart from the one above) that I don't currently hate.

RoonMian

Mar 5, 2011
What? No Wham - Last Christmas? It gets played incessantly here in Germany during the season and every time I wanna beat a ************ with another ************!!!

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
RoonMian said:
What? No Wham - Last Christmas? It gets played incessantly here in Germany during the season and every time I wanna beat a ************ with another ************!!!
Amen. And all the remakes. Because nothing says "holidays" like passive-aggressive whining at an ex.

Also, "It's the Holiday Season". If you have to mangle phrases like "he'll be coming on the chimney down" and "whoop de doo and dickory dock and don't forget to hang up your sock", you need to be forcibly ejected out of songwriting.

Honestly, by contrast, most of the songs on the list have faded into background noise for me. "White Christmas" is more lulling than annoying.

...Okay, so "A Wonderful Christmastime" is still pretty grating.

Dragon Zero

No one of note
Apr 16, 2009
I'm currently working retail and I tell you this, nobody who works at my store ever wishes to hear "Let It Go" again. We have a CD preview display and three of the CD's play the damn thing. It probably wouldn't be so bad if little kids didn't keep pressing the damned button to hear it.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
But I like all of those songs...beside the last one I never heard.

On the other hand, the Hippo song and Christmas Shoes are awful.

Carol of the Bells is a little over done

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
A game I play every year is to see how long after Thanksgiving I can go without hearing Feliz Navidad.
I'd made it to Christmas for the last two years without hearing that obnoxious song. Airport already ended that streak on Monday.

lord canti

May 30, 2009
I disagree heavily with White Christmas being on this list, as for the others, I fully agree on.