8 Examples of DLC that Doesn't Suck

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
The problem with DLC is that even if it doesn't suck, it was better off being in the game in the first place.

I have the Ultimate Editionn of New Vegas with all that stuff already in the game. Why? Because it's the whole game! I preferred the expansion pack of stuff, which was practically a new game. Now, Old World Blues and the others ARE expansions - good ones - but I feel that if they were to be sold separately, put them on their own disc.

SmugFrog

Ribbit
Sep 4, 2008
How did I miss this when it originally posted? I love lists.

I don't agree with everything on it - but I have to say that Borderlands and General Knox's Armory is something that I think the developers realized the players wanted; more voice work, story, and just funny dialogue. Looking back on the original Borderlands there's not a lot there - and the other DLCs aren't really that great. Knox's Armory it's like they just let go with the writing, letting the crazy flow (General Knox's statement about the planet smelling like "hemorrhoids wrapped in bacon" or the Crimson Lance soldier singing to his echo recorder about "Ice Cream Day").

I believe the warm reception Knox's Armory received helped shape their direction with Borderlands 2, which made it a great game. Tiny Tina's DLC is wonderful - giving us more of those characters we love, telling a great story, and letting loose with the comedy in unrealistic scenarios. I've only preordered a game a few times, but Borderlands 3 with a season pass is something I think I would jump on if Gearbox continues their improvement of their games.